• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

hoi2geek

Lt. General
4 Badges
Jul 23, 2009
  • Darkest Hour
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Well, since I'm making a new mod, I might as well show it to you. So without further ado, here it is . . .

=================================================

The Iron Giants - A DH Alternate-History Mod

Q: What is The Iron Giants?
A: Iron Giants is an alternate history mod created by Gian Rivero.

Q: Why name it the Iron Giants?
A: Iron Giants is set in a world equally dominated by Napoleon III(Emperor of France) and Otto von Bismarck(Chancellor of Prussia, later Germany), and its ripple effects down the ages. Hence, the title.

Q: Is this downloadable for the foreseeable time?
A: I'm trying to create a releaseable version in the future, and am in need of assistance(mainly in how to port to a download center), but I'm going to probably release by the end of summer.

Q: What features are in there so far?
A: So far, the only scenario I added was for the 1936 scenario. As time evolves, I'm going to (eventually) release scenarios for 1914, 1933, 1933, and 1938.

==================================
Credit for the contributers for this mod(so far) include:
-The creators of "Kaiserreich" and "The Bonaparte Legacy" (I used the mods as a base)
-Dodraugen (for the flags)
==================================
Future plans include:

-Expanding the Portuguese Civil War to include Spain (i.e. let Communist Spain revolt)
-Creating a revolter/participant in the aforementioned war: Iberian Empire
-Bring Cuba and the Philippines in as Spanish dominions (could be released at the start of the Iberian civil war)
-Create 1914, 1930, 1933, and 1938 scenarios

Last edited:
OFFICIAL HISTORY ((UNDER CONSTRUCTION))
===============================
-The French decide to back the Confederates

-2 July = The Hohenzollern Candidature Crisis: Spain offers the throne to Prince Leopold, a Hohenzollern. Fearing that France will be surrounded by its rivals, Napoleon offers a solution to Bismarck: In exchange for Leopold abandoning his claims to the Spanish throne, the Hohenzollerns would recieve the Mexican throne, and a guarantee that it will not intervene in the southern German states in exchange. Bismarck eventually accepts the proposition.
-12 July = Emperor Maximillian is assassinated by Prussian spies, as the army(with France and the Confederacy's backing), take Veracruz and after some small battles, manage to take Mexico City on the 22nd.
-4 August = Prussia's King Wilhelm I is crowned
Guillermo I, Emperor of Mexico, in a lavish ceremony in Chapultepec Castle. Mexico thus enters a personal union with Prussia (called the "Union of the Crowned Eagles").

Last edited:
Screenshots (so far):
j3pQW.png

Europe, 1936

OQoxi.png

Africa, 1936

P5Smf.png

Italy's cabinet, 1936

kDIGc.png

France's cabinet, 1936

00bMj.png

Germany's cabinet, 1936

2d0x1.png

Scandinavia's cabinet, 1936 (*will change flag in the future)

N1Pki.png

The Mexican Empire's cabinet, 1936

VQNzm.png

The Mexican Empire and her claims, 1936

FJZ5A.png

Portugal and her claims, 1936 (Africa not included)

zZqYS.png

Italy's claims 1936

Last edited:
what role does the giant in London play in this? after all it was the strongest power in the 19th century and was strong throughout the first half of the 20th century...

I haven't thought of anything yet, but I will probably think of something.

Also, I might need some beta testers to try it out before the initial release, plus someone who can provide a site where I can upload my mod for free.

Oh nice, what a coincidence as I am working on a historical scenario that begins at the Spanish throne crisis...seems thats where your mod veers off to alternate history. Very cool looking! :)

Oh nice, what a coincidence as I am working on a historical scenario that begins at the Spanish throne crisis...seems thats where your mod veers off to alternate history. Very cool looking! :)

Actually, the PoD is further back. As I said before, this timeline is unfinished.

This is like, an alternative and more imperial Bonaparte's legacy. Me like.
Thanks! I'm hapy to provide some alternative to Zokan's mod.

I fully endorse this mod.

Also nice to see for once a mod where Finland isn't the underdog.
Just to clarify: Finland gaining the Kola Peninsula and East Karelia is the result of its victory over the Soviet Union during the "Heimosodat Wars". I'll continue to finish the timeline as time passes

Does the splitting of Bukovina between Soviet Union and Romania have a story behind or is it like that by accident? :unsure:

It was inherited from the Bonaparte Legacy mod, which I used as the core of the project. However, I'm probably going to keep the area as is.

Sorry for double-posting, but I'm going to tell you that I've started creating events to extend the Portuguese Civil War to Spain, and have brought the Iberian Empire (a Carlist revolter for the mod) into the mix, and I'm doing that by overhauling the entire Spain events file.

Any advice on how to improve this or how to overhaul event files?

Sorry for not updating this for so long, but this mod is suspended until the final version of the DH-E3 Map is published (since this will use the E3 Map)

Are you going to resume, now the e3 map has been released?

What I meant was the FULL E3Map Mod, so work won't restart until the full edition (when mumia completes all regions) is complete.

I'll be subscribing to this mod as the idea of a German-supported Mexican Empire gives very interesting strategic possibilities. The USA daren't be isolationist. But what happened to the Monroe Doctrine?

Restoring the Habsburgs is a must.

The Habsburgs will be HoS of Austria (and Bohemia), with Slovakia and Croatia republics and Hungary a dictatorship (under Miklos Horthy).

Also, I will be creating a Occitan-Catalan Federation and the Union of Cossackia as releasable nations. What do you think?