• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MasterofSiege

Commander
94 Badges
Mar 24, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • For The Glory
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • East India Company Collection
  • Darkest Hour
  • Divine Wind
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Crusader Kings Complete
I recently started playing Napoleonic Wars and it is fantastic! I did have a couple questions/suggestions though.

1. It seems like musicians and color bearers have an effect on gameplay, but I haven't seen any appreciable effect. What exactly do the buffs do? And do commanders and officers give buffs as well?

2. Do grenadiers have access to grenades? It seems there is not really any distinction between them and other line infantry units. If not, I would love to see simple grenades implemented into the game for grenadier units.

3. I think spawn points should be reworked a bit in regard to cavalry spawning as I've seen cavalry spawn inside houses and unable to leave and other such problems.

Like I said before, this game is great! I loved the addition of musicians, artillery, and I thought firearms were implemented much better than in Fire and Sword. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Hey,

I can't quite remember the specific effects per musician/banner/captain but yes they do give benefits. (As long as its turned on at server settings ofc!)
They can give various things like; faster reload, increased movementspeed, more melee damage etc.
2) No, the grenadiers do not have grenades. I think that was because of two reasons; first they werent used anymore, second it makes for horrible gameplay.
3) If you find a glitch/error/bug you can post it here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,282.0.html

Thats what I wanted to know! Thank you!