Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: APD 3.0.4 download/feedback thread

APD 3.0.4 download/feedback thread

Now with working naval invasions. Sorry for the wait.

Download link: https://rapidshare.com/files/4113562820/APD.3.0.4.rar

Alt link: http://filesmelt.com/dl/APD.3_.0_.4_.rar

Checksum: NIOB, hopefully. First time is YIGY.

HOTFIX A (Fixes naval unit strengths): 1) Rapidshare 2) Mediafire

Basically being released now because it fixes the naval thing (well done Rylock). I have a slightly more up-to-date version that needs more testing with a bigger military rebalance in it, which should appear next week or so. Also includes all of Hibernian's terrain updates, and some more of Rylock's updated events.

1) Go and buy a copy of AHD.
    2) install it over your copy of V2.
    3) Patch it to 2.31
    4) Download APD 3.0.4. Obviously.
    5) Step 5 has been abolished, by order of the Pope.
    6) Extract the zip to the Victoria 2\Mod folder.
    7) If you're feeling stressed, do something different. Roll up your sleeves, or eat an orange.
    8) Go to my documents\paradox\victoria 2\PDM and clear the map cache there.
    9) Launch the launcher, select 'A POP Divided' from the bottom-left menu, and press 'play'.

A small prize (like about as much respect as you'd earn for washing a window competently, or being successful in merchant banking) for whomever can name where the quote in step 7 comes from.
    Last edited by Rylock; 13-06-2012 at 15:59.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

For the new events, the two things to keep an eye on are:

1) The new election events. Within a couple of weeks of the election starting, you should be getting an "initialization" event which says what the tone of the election should be: War-Time Election, Violent Election, Anger Turns Against Government, Contentious Election, Government Supported and Orderly Election. Then you should be seeing both the normal "pop-up" state-level events as well as a larger assortment of national events-- including ones about being at war, slavery, child labor and a broader assortment of issue-related and ideology events-- and these national ones should be different (as in you should rarely receive the same type of event more than once in the same election). Then, upon the election ending, you should have a "victory" event which will remove any previous modifiers as well as the leader modifier if the ruling ideology has changed.

2) Canadian Confederation. You'll note that Canada only starts off with cores on Upper Canada, and Quebec only with cores on Lower Canada. Prior to 1867 there are events which may spread Canadian cores to both Quebec and the Maritimes. If they don't, then Canada gets released without those provinces (which can be released separately later on). Either way, Canada gets released without Rupert's Land (which is the majority of Western Canada) and should have an event either transferring it or establishing Canadian cores across the west a few years later. If Rupert's Land gets transferred, then Canada can obtain British Columbia (and if they don't, Columbia will eventually be released on its own as well).

Feedback on how these work would be appreciated.

Well my Hannover game was getting a bit dull anyways and I would love to see proper naval invasions taking place so I'll fire up a fresh game for this. Think I'll pick Holland this time, something about line 7 just gave me that urge, or maybe it was something I read in a black books? Name of author provided upon request but I'll need to mediate first.
    "I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest."
    Winston Churchill, 1939

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club

Prussia and GB AI managed to invade Crete in the Oriental Crisis, but the AI is still not perfect. The Netherlands doesn't try to invade Indonesian minors like Sulawesi and Lanfang. GB lost the Gold Cost to Mossi and didn't send reinforcements.

Also, the colors are too similar between Northern Quebec and Lower Canada in the regions mapmode.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotkiller View Post
    Prussia and GB AI managed to invade Crete in the Oriental Crisis, but the AI is still not perfect. The Netherlands doesn't try to invade Indonesian minors like Sulawesi and Lanfang. GB lost the Gold Cost to Mossi and didn't send reinforcements.
    I'd put that down to vanilla retardedness rather than anything under our control.

Also, the colors are too similar between Northern Quebec and Lower Canada in the regions mapmode.
    meh.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Checksum: NIOB

(1st load was YIGY.)

Additional #1: First thing I've noticed is that The United Kingdom's Bombay Army has 6 Irregular "Indian Divisions" from areas in Western Canada that are nowhere near supported.

#2: Same problem with The Aden Garrison. They're Native American Minors from New Westminster.

#3: Russia's Grenadier Corps also has an 3 Infantry Brigades from Reval,Estonia that are Swedish, North German, and Russian which cannot be supported.

Something I realize is that these soldier POPs are all from the provinces/regions with the first ID numbers for the respective nations. I looked at the oob files and the UK brigades in question don't have home provinces listed. And the home province listed for the Russian brigades don't have soldier pops.
    Last edited by oddboyout; 13-06-2012 at 01:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    I'd put that down to vanilla retardedness rather than anything under our control.
    I'll have to test out this version to see if it works differently, but in my tests (with the unit strength reverted) Netherlands did indeed invade Sulawesi and the other Indonesian minors normally. So this might be something game-specific.

As for region colors, those are generated systemically-- we don't set them. The next time we add/remove a region, they'll all change colors again.

Quote Originally Posted by oddboyout View Post
    Something I realize is that these soldier POPs are all from the provinces/regions with the first ID numbers for the respective nations. I looked at the oob files and the UK brigades in question don't have home provinces listed. And the home province listed for the Russian brigades don't have soldier pops.
    Yes, I don't think these were ever fixed since the switchover to state capital-only soldier pops.

I have NIOB as checksum as well.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club

I'm playing as Satsuma, and noticed that Men O' War max strength is 300% and mine start at 100%. Is this supposed to be the case, or do I need to research something for it to be normal?

I am the one who outs Comm Cody's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Is it possible to put up a link to Gamefront? Both Rapidshare and Filemelt are blocked by my antivirus, and even when I say yes, I do wish to proceed to the site, It still blocks me.
    Comm Cody on some forums, 2nd_Lt_Cody on others, and Pvt. Adams [29th ID] or 2nd_Lt_Cody on steam.
    I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing!
    Leader of the Victoria III revolt!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotkiller View Post
    I'm playing as Satsuma, and noticed that Men O' War max strength is 300% and mine start at 100%. Is this supposed to be the case, or do I need to research something for it to be normal?
    Are the naval units tripled in strength as well? I thought they were always only 100 max strength, and it was just the land units which had been reduced to 1/3rd?

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    Are the naval units tripled in strength as well? I thought they were always only 100 max strength, and it was just the land units which had been reduced to 1/3rd?
    Well.... the issue has a simple reason and a simple solution.

Apparently the land units in APD have been tripled in strength (from the modded 1000 per unit to the vanilla 3000 again). This has been done by changing the max strength value in the unit files to 3 again.
    For some reason the same has been done to the naval units.

Problem is: while the value in landunits define the units total size (3000 men), the value in naval units is the actual strength percentage.
    To remedy this, just change the value in the naval unit files back to 100.... this won't change the already built units in game though... so it is necessary to edit the savegame here....
    The Historical Plausibility Project for Hearts of Iron 3, Hearts of Iron 3: Semper Fi and Hearts of Iron 3: For the Motherland

Ah ye, I did a blanket search/replace. Easily fixed; I'll put up a hotfix when I get back from work.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Was it the Gibraltar adjacencies fix that allowed naval invasions?
    Amanda Shaw, Secretary of the Interior (b. 1890)
    in BigBadBob's The Presidents 1836-1936 an Interactive V2 AAR

Alfonz Aljaz of the State of the South Slavs (b. 1800)
    in theAhawks's A Federation of "Equals"

Empire's dead, the issues inherent with creating a functional mod of that timespan are just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeboy View Post
    Was it the Gibraltar adjacencies fix that allowed naval invasions?
    No; it looks like the AI believed size 1,000 units were under strength or something. We moved them back up to 3,000 but left them recruiting at 1000 - see the 3.0.3 patch thread for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    Ah ye, I did a blanket search/replace. Easily fixed; I'll put up a hotfix when I get back from work.
    I put one up, since it's a 2-second fix.

I believe I have found a bug in event 97635.
    Code:
    trigger = {
    		tag = TKG
    		government = absolute_monarchy
    		OR = {
    			has_country_flag = caved_to_commodore_perry
    			has_country_flag = surrendered_to_perry
    			has_recently_lost_war = yes
    			any_core = {
    				owner = {
    					NOT = { is_culture_group = far_east_asian }
    				}
    			}
    		}
    		NOT = { has_country_flag = consulted_fudai }
    		NOT = { has_country_flag = consulted_tozama }
    		NOT = { has_global_flag = boshin_war }
    		NOT = { has_global_flag = boshin_war_has_happened }
    	}
    The any_core condition in the OR condition returns true. Does TKG have cores somewhere else in the world outside of Japan, or does one of the substates have the wrong culture?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightjumper View Post
    The any_core condition in the OR condition returns true. Does TKG have cores somewhere else in the world outside of Japan, or does one of the substates have the wrong culture?
    First, before I look into it, how is it you're coming to the conclusion that that particular condition is returning true?

First, before I look into it, how is it you're coming to the conclusion that that particular condition is returning true?
    First I checked what returned true via inputing "event 97365" into the console as TKG, which showed both the OR condition and its any_core condition to return true. Then I commented out the any_core condition to confirm it, which made the OR condition return false.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast