• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

podcat

Game Director <unannounced>
Paradox Staff
12 Badges
Jul 23, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
Podcat, just two questions... why would you need my address for this? Or my real name and age for that matter?

Podcat, just two questions... why would you need my address for this? Or my real name and age for that matter?

Presumably because there will be a non-disclosure agreement.

We need to send papers for you to sign. stuff like non-disclosure agreements etc.

Also, we cant really be sending unreleased games to just anyone, we need some safeguards so we can find and destroy you if you start leaking this on torrent sites :p

EDIT: Some more explanation. We do give beta access very early. Basically you will be alpha testers, so you arent getting a finished game to test. Usually when you enter about 60% of features are done or such and it gets updated weekly. This is another reason we are quite picky for the initial betas.

We need to send papers for you to sign. stuff like non-disclosure agreements etc.

Also, we cant really be sending unreleased games to just anyone, we need some safeguards so we can find and destroy you if you start leaking this on torrent sites :p

EDIT: Some more explanation. We do give beta access very early. Basically you will be alpha testers, so you arent getting a finished game to test. Usually when you enter about 60% of features are done or such and it gets updated weekly. This is another reason we are quite picky for the initial betas.
Do you mail worldvide?

Also how is the water on those beaches?

I would love to be a part of this but i do have a few questions how online is this testing process?

I have done some beta testing before is it Online Based beta testing or is it build upload based and then players go singleplayer beta testing?

I really want to help Paradox here but i just want to make sure that i am more of a help than a problem because my connection is not the most stable one.

I signed up, though i don't think I'll get in because I have no testing experience nor any bug reporting history behind me :(

Still, I'm hoping for a seat.

btw its a good idea to register hoi3+expansions here so we can see that you own them.

Pod... alpha testing? Thought you were meant to release TFH late(er) this year? This would imply to me that you'd have to have lots of stuff done an reached beta stage soon-ish...

(I may be too inquisitive for beta testing :p )

It's technically alpha since all the features aren't in, but then it's an expansion so you have everything from FTM + <new TFH stuff that is in>...

I want to enjoy it but probably wouldn't handle the responsibility... *sigh.*

I would love to sign up but i want to know how the Beta Testing works. Is it online with other testers or is it a build download test and report style?

I signed up but was unaware of some of my computer specifics. My computer runs games just fine, I'm not the most tech savvy person, but I know Hearts of Iron III and love to play it. Feel that I could definitely be a help in beta testing the new expansion as I have a lot of time free.

Sounds awesome, the rewards must surely be great for these beta guys!

Sounds awesome, the rewards must surely be great for these beta guys!

they tell me the feeling of satisfaction over a job well done is all they would ever need actually

Status
Not open for further replies.