Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Their Finest Hour Beta Signup!

Paradox Code Kitteh Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Their Finest Hour Beta Signup!

We are looking for betas to help out with testing TFH in a few weeks.

Deadline is morning on the 18th
    Reject reason to make the impossible possible!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIStarvoidMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Podcat, just two questions... why would you need my address for this? Or my real name and age for that matter?

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Podcat, just two questions... why would you need my address for this? Or my real name and age for that matter?
    Presumably because there will be a non-disclosure agreement.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

"For a few to be rich many must be poor"

HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    We need to send papers for you to sign. stuff like non-disclosure agreements etc.

Also, we cant really be sending unreleased games to just anyone, we need some safeguards so we can find and destroy you if you start leaking this on torrent sites :P

EDIT: Some more explanation. We do give beta access very early. Basically you will be alpha testers, so you arent getting a finished game to test. Usually when you enter about 60% of features are done or such and it gets updated weekly. This is another reason we are quite picky for the initial betas.

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    We need to send papers for you to sign. stuff like non-disclosure agreements etc.

Also, we cant really be sending unreleased games to just anyone, we need some safeguards so we can find and destroy you if you start leaking this on torrent sites :P

EDIT: Some more explanation. We do give beta access very early. Basically you will be alpha testers, so you arent getting a finished game to test. Usually when you enter about 60% of features are done or such and it gets updated weekly. This is another reason we are quite picky for the initial betas.
    Do you mail worldvide?

Also how is the water on those beaches?

Quote Originally Posted by 1alexey View Post
    Do you mail worldvide?
    Think so. Actually, QA reminded me we usually send digital these days anyway (I feel old :P)

BL-logic
    Developer
    A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

I would love to be a part of this but i do have a few questions how online is this testing process?

I have done some beta testing before is it Online Based beta testing or is it build upload based and then players go singleplayer beta testing?

I really want to help Paradox here but i just want to make sure that i am more of a help than a problem because my connection is not the most stable one.
    Ex East vs West Diplomacy Developer

Ex Black ICE Beta Tester / Community Manager / Developer

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    I signed up, though i don't think I'll get in because I have no testing experience nor any bug reporting history behind me

Still, I'm hoping for a seat.

btw its a good idea to register hoi3+expansions here so we can see that you own them.

Blog Entries
    Pod... alpha testing? Thought you were meant to release TFH late(er) this year? This would imply to me that you'd have to have lots of stuff done an reached beta stage soon-ish...

(I may be too inquisitive for beta testing :-P )

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

It's technically alpha since all the features aren't in, but then it's an expansion so you have everything from FTM + <new TFH stuff that is in>...
    Relentless madman.

Hellgate to the Netherworld Portal's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I want to enjoy it but probably wouldn't handle the responsibility... *sigh.*
    HUSSIE HUSSIE HUSSIE, OI OI OI!

You've won this round, Darkgamma.

Nothing here...

BL-logic
    Developer
    A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I would love to sign up but i want to know how the Beta Testing works. Is it online with other testers or is it a build download test and report style?

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

The latter, although you can MP if you like too.
    Relentless madman.

Blog Entries
    Should we mention whether we are on extended leave or somesuch? (eg parental leave) ;-)

Sure, I'd stick that kind of info into the "why would you be an exceptional beta" box.
    Relentless madman.

BL-logic
    Developer

Signed up. Hope to be as much of help as possible.

I signed up but was unaware of some of my computer specifics. My computer runs games just fine, I'm not the most tech savvy person, but I know Hearts of Iron III and love to play it. Feel that I could definitely be a help in beta testing the new expansion as I have a lot of time free.

200k clubAchtung PanzerHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiRome: Vae Victis

Sounds awesome, the rewards must surely be great for these beta guys!
    Montgomery to Colonial secretary Oliver Lyttelton 23 December 1951:

“Dear Lyttelton, Malaya
    We must have a plan. Secondly we must have a man.
    When we have a plan and a man, we shall succeed: otherwise not.
    Yours sincerely , Montgomery (F.M.)”

Lyttelton in his memoirs: “I may, perhaps without undue conceit, say that this had occurred to me”.

Quote Originally Posted by JASGripen View Post
    Sounds awesome, the rewards must surely be great for these beta guys!
    they tell me the feeling of satisfaction over a job well done is all they would ever need actually

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast