• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nicegil

Major
21 Badges
Sep 7, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Every half-way experienced player knows that : winning isn't a problem at all when you play Germany in HoI3.
But as history freak, "old school" wargamer (Squad Leader, Europas Series, Gulf Strike etc, etc...) and former RPG player, I wanted to have a little bit "more" rather than just moving units on a screen i.e. using the possibilities of the game to get as close as possible to the reality and to be confronted, hopefully, to the same dilemmas but with a different end.

And here's the challenge : an historical/RP approach against the gameplay-oriented AI. The air War will be one the very hard part !

I will be playing Germany from 1936 (using SF 2.04f I.C.E 3.3.4) and I intend to follow the historical path, at least up until 1941, June 22nd. After that, my previous experiences showed me that the events will take the lead.

This AAR is planned to be a mix of different styles. The narrators will be political and military leaders involved in different situations and discussing ; what they have to face, what are their choices, options, possibilities, etc, etc... So far as we know from History, I'll try to follow their personnalities, interests, ideas, rivalries, friendships to reflect them in game-terms.

You'll find here the following historical OoBs :
- Unternehmen 'Otto' (Austria)
- Fall grün (Czechoslovakia)
- Fall weiß (Poland) + Western Front
- Unternehmen 'Weserübung' (Denmark/Norway)
- Fall Gelb (BeNeLux, France) + 'OberOst' (occupation forces in Poland)
- Unternehmen 'Seelöwe' (Ground forces) + 'Adlertag' (Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain)
- Unternehmen 'Marita' (Yugoslavia/Greece) and 'Merkur' -Crete- if Italy didn't succeed quickly enough in Greece.
- and, last but not least, Ansatz 'Barbarossa', including OoBs of all armed forces of the other Axis countries participating
but also the OoBs of all other German theaters, OB West, OB Süd-Ost, OB Süd (Italy-Africa), Scandinavien as well as a point on Ersatzheer, Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine in June 1941.

Those OoBs are going to be as close as possible (i.e. as far as the game allows it) to the historical ones, including Command Structures, Commanding Officers (don't expect Rommel leading a 25 divisions PanzerArmy in 1939 !) and a bunch of misc. units (Landwehr, Grenzschutz, Flak-korps, etc, etc...) mostly "useless" but adding flavor to the game. Still, no "Airborne Army" nor "Landungskorps" until very late in the game !!!
Btw, for unexperienced players, the german historical Build-up and Organization might be a pretty good guideline, at least for the ground forces, even if the AI doesn't play by the same rules.

I'll also try to respect the proper numeral and designation of command units (corps and up), units (div, bgd) and sub-units (rgt, btn), as well as the way they're being created. In some cases, you'll see divisions losing one (or more) of their experienced regiments to form other new (fresh !) divisions. SS-'Reich' Division losing its rgt 'Germania' going to the 'Wiking' division for example, or the 16th ID splitting to form both 16th PzD and 16th ID (mot).
Of course, tons of notes and a lot of Ibuprofen are required to run this organisational nightmare...
For historical immersion, a great role will be given to the Ersatzheer (Replacement Army). Each unit will be created in (and attached to) its original Wehrkreiss (military district) and then moved when and where required. The same rule will apply to HQ-units.

And YES, there might be some "mistakes" in these OoBs, intended for the most part. Not all sources give the same informations and some compromises/choices have to be made. After all, HOI3 is just a game...
Some units will be produced before their official "date of birth", simply because of the game system (practical). As Germany, IRL, you should produce almost everything in 1939 ! Nevertheless, I'll try to be faithful toward their date of deployment/commission after the war has been declared.
The same game system forced me to cheat a bit at the beginning otherwise, it would have been impossible to be on schedule. But using "instantconstruction" benefits all other countries too and I kept it to the very minimum required.
At the beginning of the game, I also gave Germany a 300 manpower bonus (800 in reality but 500 of them are just an advance, substracted again in July 1941). My previous tests/experiences showed me it was mandatory in order to achieve the 1941 OoB.
I also gave a 2000 MP bonus to the Soviet Union (this, permanently), just to make sure "the Bear" didn't run out of MP in the course of Barbarossa. By the same token, I'll give the Soviet AI a "boost" to speed up its production, this every 1st of January until 1941.
I will also play all other Axis "minors" to make sure they will have the right techs and the proper OoB (Yes, I want the 185th 'Folgore' parachute division !). I'll then copy/paste each one of them in the save.txt in Spring 1941.

Being "historically faithful" towards naval and air units OoB is also quite hard because of the game-scale.
For naval units, I choose 6 ships/boats per flottillas (DD, TB, Subs).
Concerning air units, I sometimes use Groups (Gruppen) designations like II/JG 51 or III/JG 54 instead of Wings (Geschwader) for historical deployment purpose.
Same problem toward bombers and naval bombers : they are different unit types in the game as, IRL, some KGs were specially trained in anti-ship warfare (KG 26, KG 30, etc...). I then form a combined-unit TAC-NAV (KG 26 - II/KG 26).

By the same token, some minor modifications within the OoBs had to be made due to the 5 slots limit of the Chain of Command.
As some generals are still missing on the leaders list, there will be some changes there too... but no major ones. Rommel will remain CO of the 7th PzD until late 1940 and von Manstein won't be an AG commander until 1942.
The only major weakness will be the lack of almost every historical U-bootsflottillen commanders (Eckermann, Hartmann and all others... I miss you so much... sigh !).

At operational level, don't expect "optimisation". As a rule of thumb, and unless otherwise historically stipulated, I'll keep the "4-brigades" divisions as such :
- ID : 3inf / 1Art or 2inf-1Mil / 1Art or 1inf-2Mil / 1Art, depending on their mobilisation "wave" (Welle) or status (frontline, occupation force, Landwehr, etc...).
Later on, optional AT, AA, Eng. might be added. AGuns, if any, come only '43+
- ID mot : 2inf(mot) / 1Art(mot) / 1AT(mot) or light-medium TDs or AGuns (also '42-43+). The 5th bdg is variable but usually Eng.
- PzG (not before late 1942) : 2inf(mech) / 1Art (mot), sometimes SPArt (GD) / Medium Tds or Aguns. 5th bgd variable...
- Airborne : as historically stipulated. After '41, I'll make the distinction between airmobile units (22nd, 91st) and Fallschirmjäger units, which will be upgrade to heavy paratroopers.
- Marine-Infantry : not before 1944. Exception : the 'Gotenhafen' Marine-Brigade (for flavor).
- PzD and light PzD : very (very !) variable till '40-'41.
After '41, usually 1Arm, 2inf(mot) or 1inf(mech)-1inf(mot) '43+, 1Art(mot) or 1Art(SP), and either AGuns, Eng, AC...
Until 1944, I'll keep the historical number of PzDs : 1 to 27, plus some reserve- and named-PzDs.
Historically, as the Pz/mech/mot forces had priority, they'll get the 5th bgd before all others.
No Mech-Inf nor SP-Art before '42-'43. Some minor exceptions still (units with french-captured SP-Art).
- SS-Units : also historically limited to the 42 divisions known (IRL 38, but the 23rd, 29th, 30th and 33rd have been created twice), plus the 7 other divisions planned (1945+) and, probably, the other 2 SS-PzDs historically planned (26th, 27th) but, IRL, turned from PzGr-Bgd (49th, 51st) into PzG-Div (17th).
All together, ca. 50 divisions max. but some security units too, among 16 Corps and 3 Armies (yeap, the 1st SS-Panzer Army did exist. However very briefly...)

Toward Research, don't expect "optimisation" either. I'll try to follow the historical path too and sometimes there will be a waste of research but I intend to act like this to reflect how the Third Reich actually ran at that time : a real mess where the right hand didn't know what the left one was doing... at least until 1942.
Still some "mistakes" will have to be made (for example researching up to Isotopes separation, not done in WWII by Germany IRL, in order to get special night fighter equipment) or studying agriculture slight forward (because of the game mechanics, manpower is a bit low for Germany... as for other countries too). All in one, just few exceptions though.

Of course, screenshots, pictures will be included and, if I can find subtitled versions, may be some videos ("cleaned-up" Wochenschau with the famous music from Franz Liszt 'Les Preludes').
As usual, comments, ideas and suggestions are welcome. This is a monster work and I can't think of everything.

Aaaalso... Fahrzeuge besteigen, Motoren an ! Panzer, Maaaaarsch !!!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
This sounds interesting. Keeping the (more-or-less) historical OBB is particularly difficult, due to the nature of the division builder, i.e. you can use 4 or 5 regiments to make a division, not two to four regiments and multiple support battalions, the true setup for most countries.

Good luck!

Chapter 1 : Curtain Raise

xMxr748.jpg

MarineMinisterium, Berlin - 1936, January the 30th - 0900
Meeting between Admiral Raeder, CinC Navy (OberBefehlsHaber der Marine) and KonterAdmiral Günther Guse, Chief of Naval Command Office.

- "Mein lieber Günther, I have to be present at the celebretions of the 3rd anniversary of the "MachtErgreiffung" (Power seizing). After that, I will have a meeting with the Führer to discuss the future of our Navy.
- Have fun with all those "Party Bigwigs", Admiral...
- Watch your language, Günther ! Our Führer isn't a bad guy but it's noneless true that he isn't receiving the proper advices. The worse of all is this so-called "Reichsmarschall" Göring. Just because he's a former war heroes and a close friend of our Führer, he gets everything he wants for his new Luftwaffe.
To a lesser extend, the same is also true for the Army but that's only because its support is necessary to the gouvernment.
And what about us ?!!!
- Our Führer don't believe in a powerful Navy. Honnestly, we should concede that it hasn't done a lot during the Great War and much of communist uprisings took place on-board of ships of the kaiserliche Marine. Furthermore, the Führer don't want to upset the Brits too much by building a strong Navy... Do you remember how furious they were as we launched our first U-boats last year ?
- You're right. But times have changed and if we want to be a powerful nation again, we also need a strong Navy. Look what we currently have !!! There was no need to sign the anglo-german naval agreement last year if we have nothing !!!
- Admiral. For sure, you'll have a hard time to win our cause but still, we're on the right way. The Panzerschiff 'Admiral Graf Spee' just entered commission on January the 5th and 2 other heavy cruisers, the 'Blücher' and 'Admiral Hipper' will be commissioned this summer. We're also quite confident that the battlecruisers 'Scharnhorst' and 'Gneisenau' will also be commissioned next year.

KATl1hx.jpg

Panzerschiff "Admiral Graf Spee" in the Kiel Canal
18 destroyers (3 flottillas) are currently being build too, Admiral, and the same goes for 8 Truppentransporter flottillas. I have to mention that we receive the green light for the construction of the battleships 'Bismarck' and 'Tirpitz', as well as for the aircraft carrier 'Graf Zeppelin' and for 3 other heavy cruisers.
- Sure, mein lieber Günther, but you miss one point... or, better to say, two.
First, "receiving the green light" is one thing, getting enough material for the production is another one ! Right now, we might get enough for our constructions but there's no garanty it will continue like this. They can be delayed or even cancelled, you know...! After all, steel remains steel and the tank production requires a lot of it.
And second, all technical researchs aren't completed yet and it would be a waste of time and ressources to start some constructions if we have to make modifications afterward. Yes, the Navy might currently run 9 among the 60 major research projects scheduled for this year but A) it represents under 15% of all and B) only 3 of them are currently receiving enough money to be carried on...
- But, Admiral, the Army and the Luftwaffe have the same problems too. 25% of the research budget has been diverted to officers training and an other small fraction goes to either the Abwehr (Intelligence) or for some diplomatic actions. All in one, among the 60 projects, only one-third of them are getting the required financing.
- And again, we just get only 3 of them ! That's not even 5% of the research budget !!! How are we supposed to fight if our material, our training, our doctrines are obsolete ?
- Admiral, with all due respect, the situation isn't that bad. The fundamental research in naval engineering will benefit most of our other projects. All in one, we do have a significant technical advance. The project of the new He-60 reconnaissance plane (floatplanes) will achieved on the first semester of this year as well as the radar for our main naval units (big warship radar).

pdRUfPZ.jpg

He-60 Float reconnaissance plane
We then should be able to work on the AAA of all types (Author's note : AAA, Triple-A = Anti-Aircraft-Artillery) and we could even start to work on the aircraft carrier project. Our scientists are experienced enough so we can expect rapid results.
And we also have our subs !
- Ach, Quatsch !!! Submarines... I recognize the idea of this officer... Mhmmm... What was his name again ?
- Kapitän zur See Dönitz, Admiral. Karl Dönitz. A brilliant u-boat officer during the last war. He just has been promoted to "Führer der U-Boote". He and KonterAdmiral Marschall share the same views.
- Ja, ja... I've heard about him and about his theory. It's just crap. Even the Brits don't fear u-boats anymore. They've got the sonar now. No, no... Believe me, Günther, U-boats did perform well during the last war but they have done their time. The future still belongs to a powerful surface fleet.
- You know what my opinion is on this subject... Anyway, we just have a handfull of them planned. 8 Flottillas (11 units) all together, including the 2 training flottillas. And just over half of them will be ocean-going, from either type VII or IX.

FegqKYV.jpg

U-Boot Type II U-Boot Type VII U-Boot Type IX
- It's more than enough. I know you're a strong proponent of U-boats, mein lieber Günther, but you'll see... Anyway, I have to go now.
- Viel Spass, Admiral !"

ReichsLuftFahrtMinisterium (Reich Aviation Ministry), Berlin - Same day -
Meeting between Erhard Milch, Secretary of State and Ernst Udet, responsable for airplane production.

- "Mein lieber Udet. I guess we won't be able to enjoy the presence of Herr Reichsmarschall Göring today.
- Herr Staatssekretär, you know better than me what this day represents for him and his fellow politicians. No doubt he will seize the opportunity to show the Führer all the progress we've made in the last years.
- Because you call that mess a progress ?!! Udet, are you insane ?
- Herr Staatssekretär, I think that things are going pretty well. I know you have a strong... "disagrement" with Professor Willy Messerschmidt and Hugo Junker but as former fighter pilot, I can tell you : the Me-109 fighter is a wonder. It will be a pike among the carps...
I also had a look on the prototype of his new dive bomber Ju-87. This "Stuka" is exactly the plane we need to support our ground troops ; powerful, accurate, deadly !
With all due respect, Herr Staatssekretär, you shouldn't let your feelings influence your opinion and your choices. The Luftwaffe is a war machine and no longer the peaceful Lufthansa you came from.

hAhhqt1.jpg

Messerchmidt Me-109D Junker Ju-87A
- And you should stop "playing with toys" and have a broader and realistic view on things, Udet. I've seen the figures. For the next 4 years, you've build or you're planning to order 1400 fighters Me-109, 500 heavy fighters Me-110, plus another 200 night fighters of either type and 500 dive bombers He-123 or Ju-87.
What about the bombers ? I mean the real ones ?!! We can't win a war with fighters, you know...
- Herr Staatssekretär, the new DO-17 bomber is currently replacing our old Ju-86s and the new He-111 bomber is about to enter production at the end of this year. Both are pretty good too. And we have planned to produce 2000 of them !
We are also going to have another 700 airplanes (6 NAV, 2 FB, 1 CAG) to reinforce the current 200 ones of our current naval aviation. All together, with its over 6000 airplanes, counting 600 Ju-52 transport planes, the Great Reich will have the biggest Air Force in the world. The most modern too !

rlAJ5t3.jpg

Dornier Do-17 Heinkell He-111 (Prototype)
- Ja, ja, ja... I've heard that song already. You're talking exactly like Reichsmarschall Göring ! But all we have are fighters with short legs, medium bombers with small payloads and a naval aviation without torpedoes...
If we have to fight against a foe like the Italians are currently facing in Ethiopia, that should be enough but we are in desperate needs of heavy bombers, capable of performing strategic strikes deep inside enemy territory. The next war will be fought on the economic side too and you're not preparing us for that, mein lieber Udet ! I have contacted the Junker Company but they can only propose us a military version of their Ju-89 transport plane. Same goes for Focke-Wulf.
- Herr Staatssekretär, we actually don't need strategic bombers. In case of a confrontation, neither France nor the UK will be a match for our Luftwaffe and the Commies don't even know what a decent airplane is. Besides, we both have read the secret memorandum about this new facility currently building up on the baltic coast. The Fieseler Company will be working on some nasty stuff up there... I guess, that's also the reason why they've got some extra research money (theoretical engine).
- May be... But first it's not done yet and second, I'm quite sure the Army will want to put its nose in it too.
And talking about the so-called "Commies", you apparently forget we trained our first pilots up there. The russian Air Force is not to be underestimated. They are even leaders in this new warfare type : airborne assault. Have you seen their last exercice near Kiew ? Very impressive !!!
- Herr Staatssekretär, the Reichsmarschall himself has been impressed. That's why he want us to do the same... just better.
- I'm working on that, Udet, but it will take time and even if Reichsmarschall Göring is close to our Führer, our ressources are limited too. Make sure this new He-111 will be ready on time and then priority must be given to the training and doctrine of use ! The last time I've seen exercices of our naval aviation, all they could do right, was to take off and land ! I'm quite sure our bomber and fighter wings aren't in a much better state and you know better than me that an airplane is only as good as its crew.
- Sehr wohl, Herr Staatssekretär."

ReichsWirtschaftsMinisterium (Ministery of Economics), Berlin - Same day
Meeting between Hjalmar Schacht, Ministry of economics, and his Secretary of State Hans Posse.

- "Aren't you suppose to be part of the celebrations, Herr ReichsMinister ?
- Ach, Posse... Still too much work. I really don't know how these NSDAP guys were doing before me. I'm quite sure they can't even spell the word "business" !
And the Military is not better : everyone wants everything and this, of course, right now. Look !
The Kriegsmarine wants a new submarine base in Bremerhaven and to fortify its facilities in Wilhelmshaven, in Bremerhaven (obviously !), in Hamburg and in Kiel. And I'm quite sure they'll want to get the same in other facilities on the Baltic Coast sooner or later. Admiral Raeder also wants Radar installations in Wilhelmshaven, Kiel and Königsberg.
In the same time, The Luftwaffe wants to build or to enlarge airbases in not less than 8 places : Münchengladbach, Bittburg, Leipzig, Nürnberg, Münster, Magdeburg, Bremen and the biggest of all, Köln !!! Of course, Reichsmarschall Göring wants radar installations too : in Bittburg, Stuttgart and Breslau. I don't even mention that both, Marine and Luftwaffe, want more AAA to protect their facilities !
Furthermore, there is also this mysterious compound on the Baltic Coast... wait... yes... Pennemünde ! A Top-secret project.
- That's all ? And what about the Army ? I'm quite sure they have their own "wishlist" too, Herr Reichsminister.
- Stop smilling, Posse, I'm not in the mood to laugh ! Of course, they want something. They "just" want to improve the infrastructure of ALL East-Prussia and a good part of Mecklenburg, nothing less !!!
- May be the Führer should tell those fine people that Christmas is over...
- Our Führer loves these "Power games" between his followers. He won't lift a finger, believe me. But I'll do it ! That's the nice part when you've got the purse...
First of all, I will maintain our industrial objective i.e. to extend 30 industrial facilities in the next 4 years. I'll give the budget for this Pennemünde Project as well as for all the Luftwaffen airbases, at least for this year. I'm quite sure Reichsmarschall Göring will be happy and it wouldn't hurt to have this guy as friend rather than as opponent.
AAA installations will also be improved : we need them to protect our military as well as our industrial facilities in the future. And because the Luftwaffe controls AAA, Göring will be pleased too.
- Sure, but what about the Army and the Navy ?
- We'll give a green light for the Submarine base in Bremerhaven and priority for 2 of their Radar installations, Wilhelmshaven and Kiel. Coastal fortifications will have to wait a bit...
For the Army, let's make a 3 years plan for their infrastructure improvement. It should work.
- Gut gezielt... But what about units production ? Have you seen the list of the Army, the one of the Luftwaffe ? And what about Raeder's wishlist ?
- Mein lieber Posse, I'm not Santa Klaus. I'll try to give every department the same budget. After that, it will be up to each branch to decide what they want to produce first.
- Herr Reichsminister : It won't be that simple, I'm afraid. These 3 departments have very different concerns. With over 50 divisions to be equipped, the Army has, by far, the biggest list of all. Units of the Luftwaffe are the most expensive and the ones of the Navy take the longest period of time to get built... They'll all cry and fight against each other to get priority !
- I'm not a strategist, Posse. I just find and give the money. What they're doing after that is not my concern ! And if the Führer want to intervene and give priority to some department, he'll certainly know what he's doing. we just serve the State, Posse, don't forget it."

Last edited:
Subscribed!!! Very interesting

KriegsMinisterium, Berlin - 1936, January the 31st - 0900
Meeting between GeneralOberst Werner von Blomberg, Defense Minister, General Werner von Fritsch, Chief of the Army, and General Oswald Lutz, Inspektör der PanzerTruppen.

- "Meine Herren, the military parade yesterday was a success. The Führer was happy and he sent us his congratulations. General Lutz, once again, your Panzertroops have made a great impression !
- Well, thanks a lot, Herr GeneralOberst. Guderian, my Chief of Staff, has worked very hard on it.
- Oberst Guderian is good man but I don't share his views about the role of tanks on the battlefield. His, and your, will to build 2 other Panzer-Divisions is for me a waste of ressources. Look all those reports. Your men might be able to drive their tanks during a parade but they still can't operate properly on a proving ground not to mention a real battlefield !
- Herr General von Fritsch, the PanzerWaffe is a brand new weapon. We need time to practice and we're learning a bit more every day. Training is our number one priority ! We are fully aware of our weaknesses but soon, we'll have them corrected.
Our major concern, however, is about material. We are in desperate need of better tanks. The PKfW I was originally designed for training and/or reconnaissance. Its armement, only machine guns, is too weak. And the PKfW II, the current backbone of our Panzerwaffe, is not much better. Besides, we also lack of motorized artillery, the only one being able to follow the quick progression of our Panzer-Division and to provide them fire support.
- We'll think about it, General Lutz. You can dismiss...
- See, Herr GeneralOberst ? Exactly like I told you ! Since our Führer told Guderian "that's the weapon I want", those guys from the Panzerwaffe think they can have everything !!!
- Stay calm, mein lieber von Fritsch. You know I'm quite sceptical too but may be they're right. Up to a certain extend, even your Chief of staff, General Beck, agrees with them either. Liddell Hart in the UK and De Gaulle in France believe in tanks too. But their Army High Command didn't support them. May be we shouldn't make the same "mistake".
Up until now, the Führer has always made good decisions for the Army. He even picked up our side against his own fellow SA in June 1934. I'm quite sure we can trust his knowledge and his instinct.
- Ja, ja... the famous "night of the long knives"... But see what happened AFTER that. the SA have been beheaded and rendered powerless but now, we've got Himmler and his SS instead. No doubt he wants to make them his own private army and this, to our disadvantage.
- The situation is under control. We still have the upper hand over the armament and training. Sepp Diettrich might be close to our Führer but he isn't a real threat ; let him play with his "tall guys" in black. And don't forget that Paul Hausser, even if he's now a member of the SS, is one of us, a former General of the Reichswehr and a very talented officer. You can trust him to "cool off" Reichsführer-SS, Himmler and to bring him back to reality. Forget about all ; you should now focus on really important issues !
- Zu Befehl, Herr GeneralOberst !
Well... All in one, the situation of the Army isn't that bad : for most of its part, our material is new and of a good quality.
However, Artillery, of all type, should receive our attention and be improved as soon as possible.
We currently have 36 Infanterie-Divisions to our disposal, within 12 Armeekorps. 21 Landwehr-Divisions and ca. 40 borderguard regiments are also available but they'll need months of training to be fully combat-ready. About 40 other ID's are planned within the next 4 years. After mobilization, that would give us a force of ca. 100 divisions.
It is also my intend to turn 4 of our existing Infanterie-Divisions into motorized ID's : the 2nd, 13th, 20 and 29th. And one among the planned ones : the 76th. Those divisions won't be as powerful as traditional ID's but they'll be the ideal instrument to exploit a breakthrough or to quickly reinforce a threatened sector.
We also have the 3 Kavallerie-Divisions of the former Reichswehr. They were supposed to be disbanded in April but now, General Lutz wants to create some light Panzer-divisions with them. We're still "debating" on that, Herr GeneralOberst.
- You mean, you're fighting against each other, gell...?
- Herr GeneralOberst. The idea as such isn't that bad... as long as the rest of the Army gets what it needs. You know better than me all the production problems we already have !
I've also had some discussions with StaatsSekretär Milch, from the Luftwaffe, to form a combined "Luftlandekorps" in a near future. The 22nd ID has been selected to be part of it and to receive proper training if this project ever came to something real. The idea of Reichsmarschall Göring seems interesting anyway ; unexpected from such a character but interesting...
- That is ?
- The Luftwaffe wants to create an Airborne Division as well as a special Air Assault Regiment. The idea is to seize strong points or airfields behind enemy lines through parachute assault and then to reinforce them with troops brought either with gliders or simply airlifted. The last part will be the role of the 22nd ID.
- Sehr gut, General, if it works...
And what about the Reserve Army ?
- The ErsatzsHeer is now fully functional as structure but it's of a little concern to us. General Fromm is leading it independantly... FührersBefehl ! Its missions are to train new units, to provide reinforcements for us and to protect the country from uprisings or airborne assaults while the Army is at the border. In a near future, with its 13 Wehrkreise (military districts), the ErsatzsHeer will have ca. 40 divisions at its disposal but equiped with old material. We're still going to receive the newest equipment.
- Sounds right...
- Noneless, we have to face 2 major concerns, Herr GeneralOberst : the lack of qualified officers and weapon specialists and its immediate consequences on training and operational capabilities. Priority has been given to solve those problems but it will take a very long period of time until we reach a decent level. The Wehrmacht has grown, and is still growing too fast !
Furthermore, if we keep this growing rate, our industry will be unable to produce enough modern equipment for all units. We then may have to choose between equiping new units or modernizing the current ones. We won't be able to do both at once. You should report that to the Wihlhelmstrasse, Herr GeneralOberst.
- Do the best you can. After all, we're not at war... yet.

Last edited:
Very interesting. Trying to keep everything historical is going to be a very taxing problem for you..........but sounds like you are up to it! Subscribed and will be following!!

PS...You might want to remove the swastica from the naval floatplane from post #4.....

Very interesting. Trying to keep everything historical is going to be a very taxing problem for you..........but sounds like you are up to it! Subscribed and will be following!!

Thanks for your interest.
Yeap... it's a difficult task since the AI has its own "logic" but that's the challenge. The first hurdle will be the spanish civil war...

Last edited:
Chapter 2 : Winterübung

Reichskanzlei - 1936, February the 15th - 1100
The Führer meets Foreign Minister Konstantin von Neurath and Ambassador-at-Large Joachim von Ribbentrop.

- "Meine Herren... As you all know it was my intend to remilitarize the Rhineland next year but some events force me to move re-militarization forward by a year.
First of all, the ratification last year by the French National Assembly of the Franco-Soviet pact of 1935. By remilitarizing know, we have a great opportunity to present our "coup", both at home and abroad, as a legitimate defensive move against this Franco-Soviet "encirclement".
Then, by waiting another year, we take the risk of a confrontation with a better armed France. Right now, the government in Paris had just fallen and a caretaker government is in charge.
And most important, the Italo-Ethiopian War, and the recent annexation of Ethiopia by Mussolini, had set Britain against Italy and had effectively broken up the Stresa Front signed last year between Britain, France and Italy to resist any future attempt made by us to change the Treaty of Versailles. More important, its primary aim to reaffirm the Locarno Treaties and to declare that the independence of Austria "would continue to inspire their common policy" is also gone.
As consequence, Mussolini is no longer seen in Europe as an elder statesman and a keeper of the peace. If, on the opposite, we show him respect and interest, we might have a good opportunity to attract Italy in our sphere of influence.
And last but not least, I also want to remind you that we need a foreign policy triumph to distract public attention from the major economic crisis which is gripping Germany since last year !!!
Von Neurath... Was meinen Sie ?
- Mein Führer, I agree with your analysis and you have my support for remilitarization but I nevertheless would advise you to be cautious and to start some negociations "backstage" to show our peaceful will. Furthermore, I strongly recommand, mein Führer, to keep the number of troops sent into the Rhineland very small so to allow us to claim that we had not committed a "flagrant violation" of Locarno. Doing this, we can avoid military response : even if the Stresa Front is broken up, Britain and France remain very close to each other and we currently can't win a war against both countries !
- Mein Führer, I strongly disagree with Herr von Neurath point of view. I can assure you that Britain and France aren't ready to go to war. After all, the Rhineland already belongs to us ! They will protest, that's for sure, as they did last year when you re-established conscription, but nothing more. I can assure you, mein Führer, that we can go for unilateral remilitarization at once... with no risks. Even if France would go to war in response to our move, the brits won't move at all. They might even be on our side !
- Meine Herren; ich bedanke mich für ihre Ratschläge. I'll let you know what we're going to do so you can elaborate the required documents."

KriegsMinisterium, Berlin - 1936, February the 17th - 0900
Meeting between GeneralOberst Werner von Blomberg, Defense Minister, General Werner von Fritsch, Chief of the Army, and General Ludwig Beck, Army Chief of Staff.

- Meine Herren... Here I've got a note from the Führer himself, informing us of his intentions to remilitarize the Rheinland and sending german troops up there. For political reasons, he wants us to use a minimal amount of troops. General von Fritsch, what could we possibly use for this kind of operation ?
- Herr GeneralOberst, we already worked out a plan for that. We called it "Winterübung". General Beck ?

WsOLlv2.png

Winterübung : the Plan
- We're going to use 3 Infanterie-Divisions : the 26. ID (General Kühne) from the VI. AK marching from Düsseldorf, the 33. (von Schobert) and 36. (Lindemann) ID's from the XII. AK, respectively marching from Hennef and Wiesbaden. All 3 divisions will cross the Rhine and will advance toward their final objectives i.e. Aachen, Trier and Saarbrücken to establish garrisons over there. In the same time, we'll send elements of 33rd and 40th borderguard regiments from the GrenzSchutz-Abschnitt Kommando 'Oberrhein' to take some positions along the Rhine in Freiburg and Lörrach.
- The Führer wants to know how long it will take to complete the move...
- Herr GeneralOberst. The initial move across the Rhine will take 2-3 days ; a river crossing is always slower than normal. 3 other days will be necessary to complete the whole operation. All in one, it's not a very difficult task.
- Unless the french want to oppose their troops ! That's my main concern, General Beck. Our country is not ready for a war. I don't know if and/or when Unternehmen "Winterübung" will start but if your troops encounter even the slightest resistance, I'm ordering you to withdraw immediatly behind the Rhine and to start delaying action from there ! Do I make myself clear, Meine Herren ?"

AussenMinisterium (State Department), Berlin - 1936, February the 26th - 1400
Meeting between Foreign Minister Konstantin von Neurath and Hans von Seeckt, former Head of the german military mission in China.

- "Heer von Seeckt. Thank you for coming ; I know you're not feeling well...
- Gar kein Thema, Herr ReichsMinister. What can I do for you ? I guess it has something to do with China...
- Exactly. In a few days, we'll have to decide whether or not to continue our cooperation agreement with China and I wanted to have your opinion on the subject before I give instructions to your successor up there, Alexander von Falkenhausen. Don't get me wrong : von Falkenhausen is a very capable man and he's doing a great job too. But I'm afraid he has too good relationships with the chinese leader Chiang Kai-Shek and this friendship might interfere with the reality of things. You know better than me that the Reichskanzlei is tending toward Japan and...
- Herr ReichsMinister, von Falkenhausen is the guy we need up there. That's why I wanted him to replace me !

viPIrFc.png

And about the sino-german cooperation, believe me, we should continue it as long as possible. It is for the benefits of our both countries ! The Chinese are as anti-communists as we are and they are also much more reliable allies too. Furthermore, they have ressources to share with us and the Japanese don't...
- That's exactly my opinion but the Führer, or better said his followers, thinks that in case of a war, the Empire of Japan would be a better ally.
- On the very short term, may be... But not in a long run. Besides, should their interests ever differ from ours, they'll ditch us without remors !
- I will plead in this sense, Herr von Seeckt. Thanks again for your advice.

OKW Hauptquartier Wünsdorf - 1938, March the 5th - 0600
Meeting between General Werner von Fritsch, Chief of the Army, and General Ludwig Beck, Army Chief of Staff.

- "General Beck. Orders have been issued : our troops will cross the Rhine and enter the Rheinland. The first part of Unternehmen 'Winterübung' shall be completed in the morning hours of March, the 7th. Are the units ready for it ?
- Jawohl, Herr General. Pre-orders have been given for days and the troops are just waiting for the order to move.
- Ok. Then... Marsch, marsch !!!"

JW3pcBW.jpg

The Versailles Treaty no longer exists...

Reichskanzlei - 1936, March the 9th - 1100
The Führer meets Joseph Goebbels, Propaganda Minister.

- "Congratulations, mein Führer ! Unternehmen "Winterübung" was a great success... as you've foreseen it. We are now a sovereign state again ! Did you see how happy the people are, watching german troops on german soil, again ?!!! I could have cried for joy !
- Ach, mein lieber Goebbels... It has to be done. As expected, France and Britain didn't react. That is, France had thought about a military response but Britain stayed by a formal, and moderate, protest at the SDN. Since France was alone, General Gamelin, their CinC, told it was impossible to response without mobilizing. With their elections coming, Prime Minister Albert Sarraut didn't want to take such a political risk. I think, on the opposite, that the Great German Reich is worth taking some risks.
Needless to say your support, as well as von Neurath, has been a great help to me. Can you imagine that when our reconnaissance learned that thousands of French soldiers were congregating on the Franco-German border, GeneralOberst von Blomberg begged me to evacuate our troops. He begged me !!! Got sei dank, I haven't listenned to him...
- GeneralOberst von Blomberg is a good guy but may be he's too cautious for a man in his position as Defense Minister...?
- Ja, ja... Göring told me the same.
- But only because the Reichsmarschall wants this position for himself, mein Führer. I don't.
- You wouldn't get it anyway, mein lieber Goebbels ; you're too precious to me in your current position as Propaganda Minister ! Talking about that, there's still plenty of work to do. I just disolved the Reichstag and you have to ensure that the next elections, on March the 26th, will give the results we expect !
- Mein Führer, we can always "get the proper results" but, as you can see on this graph, communists and liberals are still quite popular among the population..."

ISO0cV4.jpg

- "Ach, Commies ! Diese Schweinehun... Did you know the Soviets were the only ones, at the SDN, asking for sanctions against us ?!!! We need to get rid of those people !!! And liberals aren't any better.
- Mein Führer, I share your point of view but there's no need to be upset. I feel confident that, with some extra money, the Propaganda Ministry could change that. People are versatile, you know... Versatile and easy to manipulate.
- Mein lieber Goebbels, you know exactly that our economic situation isn't that good. "Winterübung" bought us some time but that's all.
We are short on raw materials, mainly steel, and, worst of all, low on cash. Furthermore, the Abwehr is just restructuring and needs money too. There are rumors of agitation in Spain and we have to know what's going on over there. I'll see what I can do but don't expect much. Schacht, our Ministry of economics, has the reputation of being a magician but in reality, he's merely an illusionnist.
- Think about the Olympic Summer Games in August, mein Führer. I'm quite sure they'll improve our financial situation. Besides, such an event is also a great opportunity for us to improve our image to the rest of the world. Trust me on that point : I know what I have to do...

pu3xO0H.jpg

The Olympic Games and their expected benefits
- I almost forgot that you're an illusionnist too, mein lieber Goebbels.
- A magician, mein Führer. The magician of the crowds..."

Last edited:
Keep it coming....this is getting good..........

The separation between the text and images makes this a lot more interesting to read, almost like a history textbook. Keep up the good AAR quality, because so far things are looking good.

Fun reading!!!

Keep it coming....this is getting good..........

Enjoying the dialogue. Nice touch.

The separation between the text and images makes this a lot more interesting to read, almost like a history textbook. Keep up the good AAR quality, because so far things are looking good.

Fun reading!!!

I wasn't quite sure about the style. I'm glad to see you're enjoying it.
I love reading AARs but sometimes it's quite hard to follow when there's too much text and not enough pictures. That's why I have some even if it's just "to get some air".

PLEASE GIVE ME MOAR!! ;) im loving this so far, can't wait for the war

Very interesting, good fun reading. I just hope for your sake you manage to conduct affairs to your satisfaction without losing the war!

That's the challenge ! Every half-way decent player can win (as Germany) against the AI. Playing "historical"/RP add some difficulties...
So far I could see in my previous games, I always get some baaaaad surprises. Spain being one of them...

Last edited:
Chapter 3 : The spanish quagmire

AussenMinisterium (State Department), Berlin - 1936, July the 20th - 0600
Meeting between Foreign Minister Konstantin von Neurath and Admiral Canaris, Abwehr Chef (Head of Intelligence)

- "Guten Morgen, Admiral. Sorry to have you there so early but we need to know what's going on in Spain.
- Herr Reichsminister : on 12 July 1936, in Madrid, members of the Falange murdered Lieutenant José Castillo, a member of the Socialist party. The next day, members of the Assault Guards, the police force, arrested José Calvo Sotelo, a leading Spanish monarchist and a prominent parliamentary conservative. It seemed that the original target was Gil Robles but he could not be found apparently. Calvo Sotelo had protested against agricultural reforms, expropriations, and restrictions on the authority of the Catholic Church, which he considered Bolshevist and anarchist. He instead advocated the creation of a corporative state. Apparently, Sotelo was shot by the Guards without trial.
The killing of Sotelo, a prominent member of Parliament, with involvement of the police, aroused suspicions and strong reactions among the government's opponents on the right. Massive reprisals followed. It seems the conservative Nationalist generals were already in advanced stages of a planned uprising and the event provided a catalyst and convenient public justification for their coup, and in particular that Spain would have to be saved from anarchy by military rather than democratic means.
With the agreement of the leader of the Carlists, Manuel Fal Condehe, the uprising began on July, the 17th in Spanish Morocco and exactly one day later in Spain itself starting. I guess they expected the control of Spanish Morocco could be achieved and forces sent to Iberia from Morocco to coincide with the risings there.The uprising was intended to be a swift coup d'état, but so far we know the government retains control of most of the country.
In Spanish Morocco, on the opposite, as well as in the Canarian Island, the rebels, led by generals Goded and Franco, seem to have the upper hand. General Queipo de Llano has managed to secure Seville for the rebels, arresting a number of other officers.
- What a mess !!! And now ?
- Herr Reichsminister, we don't know exactly for sure what the situation really is. Remember we just began to recruit agents up there. We currently have... Nobody !
- Go on, Admiral...

F0WHvsB.jpg

The Nationalist Uprising
- The rebels, they termed themselves "Nacionales", which means Nationalists, failed to take any major cities with the critical exception of Seville which provided a landing point for Franco’s African troops. The government retained control of Málaga, Jaén and Almería. Cadiz was taken for the rebels with the help of the first troops from the Army of Africa.
It appears that Republican leader José Giral ordered the distribution of weapons among the civilian population. This facilitated the defeat of the army insurrection in the main industrial centres, including Madrid, Barcelona, and Valencia. The Republican Government is still controlling almost all of the east coast and central area around Madrid, the city itself as well as Asturias, Cantabria and part of the Basque Country in the north.
- And now ?
- Now, Herr Reichsminister ? We basically have a country split in half : the Nationalists control an area containing 11 million of Spain's population of 25 million. They had secured the support of around half of Spain's territorial army, joined by the Army of Africaand a little under half of Spain's militaristic police forces, the Assault Guards, the Civil Guards, and the Carabineers. Republicans control under half of rifles, and about a third of both machine guns and artillery pieces as well as 10 of their 18 tanks.
Naval capacity is fairly even, with the Republicans retaining a numerical advantage but with the Navy's top ships in Nationalist hands. The Republican navy suffered from the same problems as the army: many officers had defected or had been killed after trying to do so. The Republicans retains about two-thirds of air capability however, the whole of the air service is very outdated.
- The good question is now : what are the other european powers going to do...?
- Herr Reichsminister. France sure will want to be on the Republicans side but the french gouvernment will have to discuss this issue with the brits before doing anything. Staline will also want to help his socialist "brethrens" but how, this remains uncertain too. And Mussolini will surely back-up the Nationalists even if it's only to show France and Britain that Italy is still a mediterranean power.
- Well... Thank you for the briefing, Admiral. I have to inform the Wilhelmstrasse now. I wonder what they're going to decide..."

Reichskanzlei, Berlin - 1936, July the 25th - 1030
The Führer meets GeneralOberst Werner von Blomberg, Defense Minister, and Reichsmarschall Herman Göring, OberBefehlshaber der Luftwaffe.

- "Meine Herren. I'm quite sure you've heard about the recent events in Spain. For 3 days, General Franco sent a request for assistance to both Germany and Italy. So far I know from Ulrich von Hassell, our ambassador in Rome, the Duce decided to respond positively and even if I'm wary of provoking a Europe-wide war, I think we should do the same, this for different reasons.
First, if Franco wins, this will result in a third authoritarian gouvernment at the french border, increasing threat and pressure. The current civil war in Spain will also increase the internal tensions between right and left factions in France. As consequence, political opposition against us will be weakened. After our move into the Rhineland, it's an excellent political distraction and it couldn't have come to a better moment !
Furthermore, if we keep a "low profile", at least now, Britain and France will mainly focus on Italy : the situation could be similar to that of the Abyssinian conflict, bringing out clearly the actual, opposing interests of the powers and thus preventing Italy from being drawn into the net of the Western powers and used for their machinations. All the more clearly will Italy recognize the advisability of confronting the Western powers shoulder to shoulder with Germany.
Meine Herren, I'm waiting for your suggestions... Göring ?
- Mein Führer. If you want us to be discreet, I would strongly advise you to keep our involment hidden from both foreign and economic ministries. As General Franco merely asked for air support, it shouldn't be that hard. On a very short notice, we could send some transport airplanes from the LuftHansa to Marocco under cover of the Rohstoffe-und-Waren-Einkaufsgesellschaft (Raw Materials and Good Purchasing Company). We'll call it Unternehmen 'Feuerzauber' (Magic Fire). Once done, it will be easy to increase our help in the future. I was thinking of Generalmajor Hugo Sperrle to be the CO (Commanding Officer), a very capable man.

ChMjW8T.jpg

Ju-52 transport planes
- Sehr gut. Von Blomberg, what about the Army ?
- Mein Führer. Right now, for discretion purposes, it will be impossible to commit ground forces. But we can send material and war equipment i.e. ammunitions, guns etc, etc... so we can be ready to intervene. The second problem will be to determinate the chain of command over there. I'll ask General von Fritsch und General von Beck to work on an expeditionnary force to be sent in Spain.
Besides of all the political advantages you've mentionned, mein Führer, it will be a good opportunity to test our weapons and tactics in a real war environment and to get some fighting experience. A great test bed !
- Sehr wohl, meine Herren. Let's start Unternehmen 'Feuerzauber' immediately ! There are rumors of a so-called "non-intervention Commitee" under the initiative of french Prime Minister Leon Blum. If this happens, Germany will sign it of course, to save the apparences and to show our peaceful intentions, but I'm firmly decided to support Franco. Meine Herren, ich bedanke mich...

AussenMinisterium (State Department), Berlin - 1936, September the 8th - 0930
Meeting between Foreign Minister Konstantin von Neurath and Admiral Canaris, Abwehr Chef (Head of Intelligence)

- "Guten Morgen, Admiral. Any news from Spain ?
- Guten Morgen, Herr Reichsminister. Yes indeed. Things are moving up there but its quite hard to have an accurate picture of the situation. Since July, we have managed to infiltrate agents on both sides but not enough I have to admit.

2Ac71pq.jpg

Stalemate
As you can see on this map, the situation is still confused. The Nationalists are making progress in the North but the Republicans seize every opportunity to counter-attack furiously. The City of Bilbao has been taken and retaken numerous times.
On the Central Front, the Nationalists have taken Madrid but the Republican started a major counter-offensive south of the capital. In this area, the situation is a stalemate.
In the South, the situation is also quite serious for the Nationalists. The Republicans have also launch a counter-offensive to liberate Malaga and it is doubtful that the Nationalist could stop it. They are in full retreat...
It seems that the Nationalists have had the upper hand but the tide is turning. Surprisingly, Britain has finally decided to back-up the Nationalists. I was expecting France to do the same but nothing happened...?
- My modest contribution, Admiral. I've told their ambassador that a french intervention would be viewed as, I quote, "a very unfriendly act" by the German Reich and would jeopardize our economic relationships. Germany buys a lot of french steel, you know... It appears then that this threat was sufficient to keep France out of this mess. At least officially : we all perfectly know that foreign volunteers, the so-called "International Brigades" are forming and training in France...
- Very well done, Herr Reichsminister, but now the Soviets are getting involved. They're sending tanks, airplanes and military advisors to help the Republicans. Still, as communists as they might be, the Soviets want to get paid, in gold ! Long live the socialist brotherhood...
Nevertheless, with the soviet help and british back-up, it won't take long until the Republicans regain the upper hand. I know it's none of my business but may be we should do something. After all, this General Franco is on "our" side since he's fighting communism.
- Your wish will surely be granted soon, Admiral. The Führer thinks exactly the same and he has already decided to support him. I was waiting the confirmation of the soviet intervention to brief him on the situation. Now that the Italians are sending material and troops - their Corpo Truppe Voluntarie - over there to support General Franco, I simply can't imagine we stay outside of this now. How are we going to intervene remains the sole question.

PropagandaMinisterium, Berlin - 1936, September the 15th - 0945
Meeting between Joseph Goebbels, Propaganda Minister, and Hjalmar Schacht, Ministry of economics.

- "Guten Morgen, Herr Schacht. What can I do for you ? As you know, I'm very busy : our Party Congress just ended with asthonishing success and I don't have a lot of..
- Herr Dr Goebbels !!! That's exactly why I'm here ! Are you, Partei Bonzen, all became soft in the head ?!!!
- Hey !!! Watch your language, Herr Schacht. Remember whom you're talking to !
- You'd rather listen what I'm talking ABOUT !!! What's the Hell is this new politic coming from ? Ok, I agree that the remilitarization of the demilitarized Rhineland constituted the restoration of German honour but what about the rest ?
What about this so-called "self-sufficiency" ? Can't you even read the figures I provide ? Even a 7th grade child could understand them !!! The only point where we're self-sufficient is coal/energy production. We are highly dependent on foreign sources for our raw materials, oil supply and steel ! We just keep our head above the water thanks to our economic agreements with the USSR and your Party Congress just said we should fight and stop bolchevism ! This is pure madness !!! What if they now refuse to sell us what our industry needs ?

kUIA78K.jpg

Nürnberg and Party Congress
- Mein lieber Schacht. As bolchevists as they might be, the russians need cash too. Now more than ever.
They need cash and they also need technology : we have both to offer them... Now, I would strongly advise you to calm down and to go back to your work. You're doing an excellent job but don't pull the string too much... Besides, the Führer knows what he's doing. Always !!!

Reichskanzlei, Berlin - 1936, November the 1st - 1100
The Führer meets Foreign Minister Konstantin von Neurath and Ambassador-at-large Joachim von Ribbentrop.

- "Meine Herren, I congratulate both of you for the astonishing job you've made. The signature of the Axis Rome-Berlin last month and the on-coming signature of the Anti-komintern Pact with Japan is a major victory of the german diplomacy !

UwOQIp1.jpg

Axis Rome-Berlin has become a reality
- Mein Führer, you know that I'm a strong proponent of the Axis Rome-Berlin and I've worked hard on this sense with Ulrich von Hassell, our ambassador in Rome. Our back-up to Italy after the Italo-Ethiopian War has paid off. This will be a perfect response to the Franco–Soviet Treaty of Mutual Assistance.
- Mein lieber von Neurath, it's not only that but it's also an opened door to much more. Should we ever try something against Austria, like in 1934, Italy will now be on our side... and I will rely on you to lend an aura of respectability to my foreign policy.
- Of course mein Führer, but as Foreign Minister, I also have to express my concerns about this Anti-komintern Pact with Japan which could damage our relations with the USSR. On my opinion, China would be a much more reliable partner...
- Ja, ja... I've already read your report, von Neurath, but we need a strong ally and not only an economic partner. I should remenber you that Japan has the 3rd biggest fleet in the world.
By the way, von Ribbentrop, when should the signature take place ?

Rr3e1QQ.jpg

United against Bolchevism
- On the 25th of this month, mein Führer. General Oshima Hiroshi will sign for japan.
- Sehr gut. Now we're going to seriously think about this spanish affair...

Last edited: