• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

andypandyr

Recruit
78 Badges
Jun 29, 2011
  • Rome Gold
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Ancient Space
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Starvoid
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • East India Company Collection
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Gettysburg
Anyone have some good advice on the most efficient way to Transport Troops/Armies , also I'm trying to board Troops on ships but nothing happens , what are the numbers of Troops you can put on different types of ships.. ?

Just started playing the game so any help is appreciated !

Also is there another nice easy starting country besides Castille or England ?

To transport troops by ship, you need to use transports. Big ships, light ships, or galleys won't work.

Move transports out of their ports and move armies into whatever sea province the transport are in. 1 transport = 1 regiment

The fleet display actually tells you how many regiments any given fleet can carry. Only Cogs and Flytes can carry troops, one regiment of any type per transport ship.

France, although you've got to focus on Burgundy soon. The Ottomans should be doable as well with the most recent beta patch.

Also note that if you have 5 regiments who are all beat up really badly and only add up to a total of 2000 troops, you'll still need 5 transports to move them, unless you combine them together.

Also note that if you have 5 regiments who are all beat up really badly and only add up to a total of 2000 troops, you'll still need 5 transports to move them, unless you combine them together.

You mean that if I have a single army with 2000 soldiers, it will require only 1 transport ship?

No, he means you need a transport for every regiment, no matter how many man there are in one regiment. So 5 regiments of 1000 men each will require 5 transport ships, just like 5 regiments of 1 man each (in which case I hope you get them on board before they are intercepted ;) ).

No, he means you need a transport for every regiment, no matter how many man there are in one regiment. So 5 regiments of 1000 men each will require 5 transport ships, just like 5 regiments of 1 man each (in which case I hope you get them on board before they are intercepted ;) ).

That's what I thought too. That "unless you combine them together" kind of confused me, that's all. Thank you! :happy:

If you have two regiments that are down to, say, 500 men each, you can combine them into one regiment of 1,000 men. Then transporting those men by sea would only take one ship instead of two. But you lose the ability for them to reinforce back up to 2,000 men in the original 2 regiments.

If you have two regiments that are down to, say, 500 men each, you can combine them into one regiment of 1,000 men. Then transporting those men by sea would only take one ship instead of two. But you lose the ability for them to reinforce back up to 2,000 men in the original 2 regiments.

You mean that if I choose to create an army from 2 regiments of 500 men, I will have 1 regiment of 1000 men? Or is it another option that allows me to merge 2 regiments into a single one?

PS: I am referring here to a regiment as a military unit, and an army as more military units (regiments).

You mean that if I choose to create an army from 2 regiments of 500 men, I will have 1 regiment of 1000 men? Or is it another option that allows me to merge 2 regiments into a single one?

PS: I am referring here to a regiment as a military unit, and an army as more military units (regiments).
Yes, there is a button to merge two half strength regiments into a full strength one. I never use it because regiments fill up free of charge again while raising new ones costs money.

Yes, there is a button to merge two half strength regiments into a full strength one. I never use it because regiments fill up free of charge again while raising new ones costs money.

OK, but then why use that option? Are there any other advantages, except that it requires less transport ships?

I guess the idea is to strengthen up your regiments for battle. Although I'm not sure if it still is a good idea with the current combat rules. It would have made sense with the EU2 system where you always needed to pay for more soldiers as there was no reinforcement system. But as things stand now I cannot think of a situation where it would seem a good idea.

I guess the idea is to strengthen up your regiments for battle. Although I'm not sure if it still is a good idea with the current combat rules. It would have made sense with the EU2 system where you always needed to pay for more soldiers as there was no reinforcement system. But as things stand now I cannot think of a situation where it would seem a good idea.

If you have a large force, but lost some soldiers in one army because of a revolt, it can be cheaper to consolidate the regiments of that army and build a few new regiments than increasing the army support slider for a few month - which requires the extra payment for all your armies.

If I am at war and lose lots of men in a battle and manpower pool is empty. I can consolidate those men and hire mercs without going over my demesne limit. Its much faster to resuply your army this way in some cases, especially in 5.2 Beta.

Will my army be stronger if i have 3 full regiments then 10 almost empty regiments with a total of 3000 men?

Last edited: