• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(422512)

Second Lieutenant
3 Badges
Dec 11, 2011
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Pillars of Eternity
Can the South German Federation be formed if Germany is already created? Here's the scenario: I create Germany as Prussia, then I release and play as Bavaria. Then I become a great power. If I wrest Baden and Württemberg (and possibly Alsace-Lorraine) can I form the SGF, or is that a strictly pre-unification country?

Can the South German Federation be formed if Germany is already created? Here's the scenario: I create Germany as Prussia, then I release and play as Bavaria. Then I become a great power. If I wrest Baden and Württemberg (and possibly Alsace-Lorraine) can I form the SGF, or is that a strictly pre-unification country?

Since Baden and Wuerttemberg are part of Germany too that would be impossible unless you released them aswell. However, you also need Sigmaringen which will probably not be released with Wuerttemberg.

I believe you do not need Alsace-Lorraine, though.

Since Baden and Wuerttemberg are part of Germany too that would be impossible unless you released them aswell. However, you also need Sigmaringen which will probably not be released with Wuerttemberg.

I believe you do not need Alsace-Lorraine, though.
I mean as Bavaria, I use the "free people" or "acquire state" CB to get Baden and Württemberg free from German control.

Well, before you go and try the borderline impossible, no. One of the requirements for the SGF, and in fact, any German unification decision, is that GER doesn't actually exist. So you couldn't really do it from there.

Even if you could, there's little reason to try and form it. They, for some odd reason, don't seem to get any of Bavaria's events, decisions, and they can't hold Mozartfest in the place of Baden.

Pre-unification with this exception:

1. If SGF exists before GER is created, it'll spawn cores.
2. Once GER created, those Cores can be released / rebeled / free people'd.

I did a bavaria > sgf > germany game the other day. Why go through all that stuff and not just start as bavaria and do it right? Once you form the sgf, you pound austria (take bohemia, moravia or more) sphere them, then drop prussia/ngf out of gp status and sphere them and you've got yourself a gross germany (pun intended).