• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Part 1 - Foundations

My name is Kashima Sanemoto, proud of my achievements and always a rogue at heart; I have just succeeded my father. A fool he was, getting caught in a war with the Satake, losing all but our homeland; and giving up his freedom to servitude as a vassal. I shall serve the Satake leader faithfully and with the utmost effort. I figure i can get a few provinces off of him before i can restore my clans pride.
Satakept1.png

Firstly i will appoint my ministers, my son seems to be my best choice for Master of Cermonies, but i will need him for granting titles too should i expand. I choose the rest of my ministers on their skills.
satakept2.png

My heir needs a wife, sooner the better, my line must be strong. One fool rejects my offering, but the wise Seki Morimoto accepts, his daughter Seki Mutu arrives in my court soon after. She was honest about her genius and how she loved diplomacy, and employing underhand technics. She will suit my son well. Now to find others to spawn a strong line of Kashima clansmen!
satakept3.png

My father was very devout in his shinto beliefs, even building a shrine, his only lasting work. Though it does help me, increasing my honour amongst the great people of japan. Though i need money, so i begin construction of an inn. No money means no army, and i need to be strong and well armed before i make any moves.

Last edited:
Nice to see Another Sengoku AAR pop up after ages without One a new one Good Luck You probably will not need it though Unless the Uesugi looks your way Then Luck will not be helping you.

Part 1 - Foundations Continued

I push for more marriages for my sons, yet for my only daughter i need to secure a far stronger and closer marriage. My searching pays off, i manage to marry her to Uesugi Fusasada. In what seems unusual circumstances, he is the heir to the clanship, yet father of the current clan leader. Its not for me to question their choices, but the child is only 13. This marriage will hopefully stand me in good stead for the near future with this large clan.
satakept4.png

My clan leader in his wisdom has traded hostages with the Koga-Ashikaga, securing the southern end of our clan from direct attack from our neighbour. This suits me fine as my province borders them, and gives me a freedom to look north for expansion. On the 21st March 1468, i recruit my 1st personal retinue, hand picked from my provinces greatest warriors, the shall do me proud. I will look to add to their tally as soon as i can afford to train more.

By April 26th 1469, my inn has been built, increasing my income. Soon my 2nd retinue will be mine!! Yet all is not looking good. Uesugi has been at war with Koga-Ashikaga, and only them, and Koga-Ashikaga are starting to break. Losing Chiba, Yuki and Katsushika. I respect their men for carrying on the fight against such great odds, but i fear it will not last much longer. I start constructing a marketplace, i hope i can finish it before the Uesugi look our way.
satakept5.png

January 2nd 1470- It appears someone doesnt want my marketplace built, an arsonist has potentially set back construction 90 days. My master of ceremonies knows of a group of workers who could be hired to get us back on track, for a price. I give him the money, time is of the essence.

14th March 1470- The final Province of the Koga-Ashikaga has fallen, its now time to prepare for Uesugi should they look our way. The time of peace may soon be over, preparation for war is now my main focus.

Part 2- Preparation and Distraction

Whilst my marketplace is still under construction i recruit my 2nd retinue, i also send my master of the guard Motochika to sow dissent in Koshi. I hope it will encourage Nagao to break free and distract Uesugi's attention away from us.
satakept6.png

September 30th 1470- I was a little peckish during in the night, so i decided to see how alert my guards were. I snuck down to the food supply, i got in easily, but as i came out one of my courtiers catches me. Im to quick though, and i escape before he can see my face; i think he knows it was me though.

March 27th 1471- My marketplace is completed, i immediately start work on my castle, a man of my stature must have an imposing fortess. It also might help me in any wars so im told.....

April 15th 1471- my heir produces his 1st offspring, a shame its a female, i will jope he manges to produce something of more use from his wives in the near future.

August 19th 1471- Another fire, this one far more costly, i do not have the gold to bolster my workers this time, im told to expect a 180 day delay, its wholly unacceptable!!

July 12th 1473- My castle has finally been completed, i gamble on a few more years of peace and start work on my guild hall, its all about the money. On a side note, my master of the guard seems to have gotten lost in Koshi as he has done nothing to the relations between Nagao and Useugi!

October 28th 1473- My useless heir has spawned another woman, im starting to wonder if he was a good choice of heir....

February 8th 1474- another female from my heir, he is a curse to my plans!!

April 8th 1474- At last a breakthrough, Uesugi has declared war on Ogasawara, giving us some extra time. Though we seem to be making no actions to enlarge our domain.

September 14th 1474- No longer do fires trouble my builders, this time they complain its too wet, i pay 5 gold for wet weather gear to keep them working. we also Declare war on shirakawa, my leader starts a siege in Kikuta, i hope the siege lasts long enough for my men to reach Shirakawa province to start a siege and claim this province as my own!!
satakept7.png

January 1st 1475- I arrive long before my clan leader has finished the siege in Kikuta, so i just bide my time, hopefully he will finish it quickly.

January 2nd 1477- My siege is in full swing, my clan leader having taken Kikuta, has come to support me. Yet back in Kashima it seems i have yet another delay in my guild house's construction. I pay 5 gold so that they whip the slaves and make them work whatever the weather.

May 14th 1477- My guild house is completed on time, thinking of future war hot spots, i decided to build an earthwork and palisade. This works well as we can see that in Shirakawa they are part way through building a guild house also. The siege is almost over and soon i will have my 2nd province!!

October 17th 1477- I win the siege of Shirakawa, and claim it as my own. Many see me as ambitious, and i am, i will be the greatest kokujin in the clan!! I immediately start work on the guild house, unfortunatly the other was destroyed in the siege.
satakept8.png

Now i have the base for a major push on new territories, i hold a northern and southern province, i will claim more, it is my destiny!!

Last edited:
Part 3 - A New View

My name is Kashima Takamoto, Son of Kashima Sanemoto. Kokujin of Kashima and Shirakawa. I am content with what i have, the satake are keeping us safe. They make no move towards Uesugi and have exchanged hostages with Utsonomiya, are next largest neighbour. I will claim more land if it become available, but make no mistake, i will not risk our future for it.
Satakept9.png

My brothers think they have a right to my titles because i have no son, but with my daughters i will secure strong relations with Uesugi, its the best chance i can hope to achieve with my pawns. I marry my eldest in a mistake to a Shoni boy, oh well, it may work out somehow. My 2nd daughter i marry to Uesugi Naoie, Son to the Uesugi leaders brother. A weak link, but it may well be a lifeline.

Success! My youngest daughter is betrothed to the heir of Uesugi Clan Leader, i can only gain from this match up.
satakept10.png

The war in the west of Uesugi is almost over, Ogasawara has but 2 provinces left and no hope of surviving unless they subjugate. Thinking os survival i sent my master of ceremonies to sow dissent with Nagao vassals in Uesgi lands. Nagao Tadakage, Kokujin of Tone and Katushika has a poor relation to his leige lord, i intend to play with his allegiances a little....
satakept11.png

Japan world map - August 19th 1478
japanmappt1.png

As you can see Toki and Shiba have grown and border Uesugi lands, hopefully this will keep them occupied as all 3 cannot grow together peacefully. Yamana and Otomo look strong too, maybe potential players in the race for shogunate. But they are surrounded by wolves who will not hesitate to tear them to pieces.

Last edited:
Nice Going but Your sowing Dissent in the Wrong Place. You should do it to the Nagao Daimyno further south. He's powerful enough to actually break free and cause some real damage. And Once one goes other's follow. Apart from that doing well. You didn't copy the Idea of Expanding by running your armies into provinces before your clan leader gets there from me did you. Either way it's a brilliant tactic though you should really aim for a Daimyo title quickly so you can have vassals otherwise your power is very limited.

Part 4 - Utsonomiya and Soma

I thought we were peaceful with these people, but they declared war and wiped out the Osa clan, a single province clan. It seems their leader was a dear friend of my lieges and we are to throw ourselves at them with fervour and vengeance! I march my army from shirakawa towards Shioya, hoping to catch them unguarded as the bulk of our army hits them from the south, maybe i can claim a couple of provinces for my fathers memory and dreams.
satakept12.png

My army lands on 7th March 1479, to a small garrison army. I attempt to take the province quickly, but the defenders were stalwart, maybe a few months of starvation and thirst will make it easier.

My army storms the castle on december 8th 1479, once captured i leave a garrison and march on Tsuga, hoping to beat a levy of soldiers of Satake. My father would be proud!

Tsuga is a sorely contested province, i arrive 1st, but have to fight 2 small retinues before i can start my siege properly. Yet all is not lost, my liege lord has obliterated the Utsonomiya's main army; making the war a done deal, and i double my land count. This should keep my brothers quiet!! A retinue of Utsonomiya cavalry lay seige to my castle on Soiya, but im not troubled, they cannot storm it and the siege wouldnt go on long enough for them to win by starvation.

The retinue besieging Soiya was recalled, and with my liege lord coming to support my siege it only lasts another couple of months and i claim Tsoga as mine. Meanwhile Uesugi has been picking on Takeda, and has nearly beaten them, time to rest, recuperate and build.
satakept13.png

Many years pass in peace, i constantly sow dissent to Uesugi's vassal Daimyo's. Satake declares war on Soma, almost secretly, as i dont even get the memo and arrive late. But im lucky, they have been skirmishing and didnt settle in for sieges. I manage to get to Nameketa, but a strong garrison means im in for the long haul.
satakept14.png

The siege of Nameketa lasts 5 years, even with 3500 troops of my liege lords. The Soma were brave, but our warriors were fearless. I petition Satake for a Daimyo title, he agrees i deserve one and will grant me the next one. I am old now, at 51 years old im past my prime for wars, I hope for a peaceful end to my life tending to my gardens. I may not have produced a son but i have fought hard for Kashima pride. I wonder if my brothers would have fared much better, we will never know.

Japan Novemeber 3rd 1491
japanmappt2.png

Shimazu and Shoni were winning their war with otomo until Shimazu declared truce, not sure if shoni can take it to otomo now. Shiba destroyed Toki in a long bloody war that has decimated the men in this region, it will take generations to recover. Shiba and Uesugi are so big now that tensions are running high between them, a war would benefit almost everyone who is sharing a border with either.

July 9th 1496
Japanmappt3.png

Shiba clan has just imploded, bad bad news, now we do not know where Uesugi will aim their next expansion, im sure glad ive had my builders work on my castles, we may have a need of them soon. Date have declared war on us, my troops were stationed far from where i need them, it will be a long march and an even longer war for my weary bones.

Last edited:
I'm Learning how to play.
Somewhat like shogun total war but much more indepth?
subscribed

Thandros - Yeah i noticed i was in the wrong place at 1st, but then i looked at who had poorest relations and was aiming at those people.

Dragonizer - Played shogun total war 1 and 2, this is much more fun.

No update tonight, but will have them thursday and friday.

Date War

Im unlucky in this war that Namekata is the 1st province the date will pass through, and the soon lay siege to my castle with 5500 men. I cannot hope to break the siege on my own. I take a gamble and decide to not lift the siege but plow on into Date land. I head straight for their home province, Date. Im praying that my liege lord takes the chance to smash the majority of dates army which is besieging Namekata and swing the momentum of the war in our direction.
satakept15.png

The march was hard, in Asaka my brothers will gave out. He succumbed to his age and war wounds.
satakept16.png

I am just a stop gap leader of the Kashima cause, yet I Kanemori will show that i too am a great leader. I Take Date and Igu, handing the former to my heir. My liege will not grant me a daimyo title as i hold half of what i need. He is a fool! I petition again and to my surprise he will grant me the next title!! But it was not to be....
satakept16-1.png

I am Kashima Mastune, and i will not be held back by satake! I petition immediately for the daimyo title i should rightfully hold, but its rejected. I am outraged, but i will just bide my time....

I break the siege my father had started, i had 2 of my own lands under threat and i must break the date hold on the castles. I break the sieges smashing the date armies, i win every siege until date concede and are forced to subjugate to satake. But there is no rest for the wicked....

Last edited:
The War To End All Wars - Uesugi

*Side note - So much going on that i may skip/forget to add every detail*

Uesugi has tried to spring a surprise war on us, they hope to hit us hard and fast with overwhelming odds. I will stick with satake for as long as i can, for our best chance is together. My homeland of Kashima is under siege with no chance of breaking as Uesugi's forces penetrate deeper with each passing day.
satakept18.png

I must push on and into Uesugi lands, and hope that the many clans they are at war with can distract them. Sowing dissent is a long shot but i do it all the same, we need some major luck to escape from this.

March 22nd 1503 - Kashima falls, the dishonour is great, but vengeance will drive us on!

Satake Clan August 27th 1508:
satakept19.png

Uesugi is getting closer and closer to my lands, i cannot hold sieges as they just mass armies and march on us. I dodge attacks and restrain from full battles. the time may soon come to break away, i march my armies to key provinces in preperation...

2 more provinces fall, i own more of the clans land than anyone else, its now or never, for the sake of my future i break away from satake.

Last edited:
Yeh Mate your doomed. From Experience in the area Just north of the Uesugi if they attack you your doomed. Unless you get lucky and Someone plot attacks them meaning they are outnumbered in a war. Then you may Survive.

Satake Grudge Match

Satake immediately declare war, but i have 3 of their provinces under instant siege. With Uesugi bashing at the Satake too, my siege forces will make all the difference in claiming the remaining lands. Satake barely put up a fight and before long they have 2 provinces left. Uesugi takes 1 whilst i move troops in to complete the siege i hold in the last. It was a short bloody war, but i gained a tough soldier trait that encouraged my men to go above and beyond. With the war almost over i must find a way to appease the Uesugi's hunger for land, it seems marriages are in order.
satakept20.png

Japan October 8th 1513
japanmappt4.png

Last edited:
Thandros it got real close, if i hadnt of broken away 2 of my own provinces were next in the firing line, i out numbered satake and out positioned them. Uesugi is at war with Yamana and Oda, and 2 small clans, hopefullu Oda and Yamana will keep them occupied while i make short work of the rest of the north.

What is up with IKKO-IKKI to the north?
Those are some serious troop numbers.
Trying to play seems to be stuck in dip. map?