• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ind2bc

General
97 Badges
Jul 28, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome Gold
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
What do i do with prisoners? I take it is very easy to do something with them but i'm just missing it. I am playing warband

You'll find the ransom brokers in random taverns throughout Calradia. The slave trader is always in Tihr IIRC. It is usually better to sell to ransom brokers as there is probably one closer to you than Tihr and they give better prices except for low level prisoners. Swadian Knights are worth ~200 a prisoner to a ransom broker. Looters are ~30 a prisoner. The slave trader gives 50 denars for everybody.

You'll find the ransom brokers in random taverns throughout Calradia. The slave trader is always in Tihr IIRC. It is usually better to sell to ransom brokers as there is probably one closer to you than Tihr and they give better prices except for low level prisoners. Swadian Knights are worth ~200 a prisoner to a ransom broker. Looters are ~30 a prisoner. The slave trader gives 50 denars for everybody.

Thank you

What do i do with Counts i capture?

Depends on what you want to do:

-if you want to roleplay a charitable, good natured lord, you will release him as it is an action that builds credibility as a charitable, good natured lord. It will give credit to NPCs of the same persuasion and alienates NPCs of the opposite persuasion.

This has to be balanced against the objectives of the war: keeping a lord captive decreases the man power of the enemy therefore weaken them.

The same decision process exists when taking into consideration ransoming him or keeping him captive after receiving an offer to ransom the captive lord.

What do i do with Counts i capture?

Captured Lords can run away, though. The best thing to do is to put them into a castle or town of yours with a prisoner tower. They have lesser chances to flee from there.

Sometimes a lord of your faction gives you the task to capture an enemy lord. In this case you can "sell" your prisoner to your allied lord. Otherwise you have to wait for some time until an offer to ransom appears. Normal lords are worth around 1000 - 3000 denari. Kings are worth around 10.000 denari.