• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am working my way through the ministers and leaders. Still a major work in progress, and expect the German minor states to be varying in leaders and ministers lol. What tags/id numbers did you have in mind for the various factions in this scenario anyway?

I am going to make user-created countries now. It seems like it will be easier. The list of countries to start out with will be:

Baden
Bavaria
Wurttemburg
Saxony
Mecklenburg
Prussia
France

Will be adding in Spain, Northern Italy, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands later.

Last edited:
I can't actually figure out how to make NEW countries (help would be appreciated if this is possible). So I am just going to mod existing countries that will end up getting blacked out anyways. Over the course of working this out, I think I stumbled upon how to make new countries. Oh well.

Baden = AFG
Bavaria = ALB
Wurttemburg = ARG
Saxony = AST
Hessen = BHU
Mecklenburg-Schwerin = URU
Prussia = UPR
France = FRA

Will be adding in Spain, Northern Italy, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands later.

You could always use some of the user - defined tags (U00-U99). What about a Northern Confederation puppet of Prussia?

I like your idea, I hope it will work out!

Tim

Last edited:
Tim,

Yes I think that is the route I am going to go. Also I thought about a Northern German Confederation as a puppet of prussia that I could lump all the other 21 states into but I decided instead to just go with the bigger ones to start out with. If I am missing one that is more important than the ones I have included please let me know. Right now I think its going to work this way:

Player can choose to be

Prussia, with puppets Mecklenburg and Saxony to form the "Northern German Confederation"
Either Bavaria, Baden, Wurttemburg which will all be allied in "Southern German States" alliance
Second French Empire of Napoleon III

Thanks! Actually if you could find/make icon files for all the German states for me that would be all I need right now! Also, the Austrian empire was actually Austria-Hungry by this time period. I will just be using the Austria - Hungry assets already in the game :)

I would suggest not having a Southern German alliance as a separate from the Prussian led alliance. Saxony and Mecklenburg can be puppets of Prussia, but then the southern german states should just be non-puppet allies, as they participated in the war alongside the Prussians. If you had 2 alliances it'd cause a bit of confusion i think, considering they all went to war against France on the same side. Baden and Wurttemburg were sent Prussian commanders to lead their forces anyway.

Just my opinion, but I'm good for whatever.

Interesting½!

I would suggest not having a Southern German alliance as a separate from the Prussian led alliance. Saxony and Mecklenburg can be puppets of Prussia, but then the southern german states should just be non-puppet allies, as they participated in the war alongside the Prussians. If you had 2 alliances it'd cause a bit of confusion i think, considering they all went to war against France on the same side. Baden and Wurttemburg were sent Prussian commanders to lead their forces anyway.

Just my opinion, but I'm good for whatever.

Good point Kaiser, two separate alliances would be tough. Yes, I was planning on making the Southern German states Non-puppets. From your suggestion, I think I will just make them three separate countries that Prussia can bring into its alliance when the war with the French starts with events and such. Maybe some flavor events to send them Prussian generals since, as you pointed out, some of them led their forces.

So, what are you going to do about the map? Vanilla?

Kannon....not sure. Right now the plan was making new countries for the German states and then carving those provinces out of 1914 Germany in the Vanilla map and putting them under the new countries control. What is left over (of 1914 Germany) will go to Prussia. Would there be a better way? If you were asking if I was going to modify the map at all (make new regions, or change borders to accommodate that crazy German confederation map), I don't think so, at least to start. Maybe eventually, but I want to start with the plan I have now unless there is a better/easier way.

What about having those independent states in an alliance with Prussia, or forcing them with an event (like 99% AI chance succes or so) to get into the alliance. The remaining provinces that historically were part of the Northern German Confederation (if there are some left after those independent states are created) should get the remaining lands.

Have you thought about forming the German Empire when the Second French Empire sort of surrenders? You could do this when for instance the Sedan / Verdun provinces are captured? And then the French Second Empire dissolves, the Versailles event kicks in, unifying Germany, while France goes republican. I would also create a seperate event for the Commune and have you thought about adding a lot of partisans after the fall of the Empire? Maybe some events that are persistent so that Germany is occupied in dealing with those etc. and cannot go full out against Commune and the rest of the republic.

Tim

Right now I am thinking Prussia will be the leader of the Northern German Confederation alliance which at the beginning of the mod only Prussia, Saxony, and Mecklenburg are part of. (The latter two being puppets of Prussia.) Bavaria, Baden, and Wurttemburg will all be separate nations that Prussia will either choose to ally with or not through an event. So, eventually all of those nations will be in the North German Confederation until the battle of Sedan (maybe an event for the capture of Napoleon III) and then basically everything you said after that is kind of what I was thinking. I will try to have an event chain that is as historical as possible but that will be later as I am still building the framework of the mod right now.

Last edited: