• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kaede11

First Lieutenant
80 Badges
Oct 18, 2010
  • Semper Fi
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Hi MB community!

I've been playing the game for some time now and I wanted to replay it to obtain some of the missing steam achievements, but everytime I play for... let's say, 30 - 40 minutes, the "world messages" like "Some of your soldiers are ready to upgrade" dissapear and never come back.

I can't play without those, but the missing info just pisses me off. The only way I found to reverse the effects is to exit the game and start it again. Do you know any other way to fix that? maybe a key or something... having to restart the game every 30 - 40 minutes really destroys the atmosphere and immersion. Thank you.

This happens when the message log is overloaded. Waiting RL time is the only thing that clears the buffer, aside from restarting the game.

Also, this typically only happens if there are script errors that are spamming the message log. If you click 'Notes' and go to Recent Messages, you'll see all the messages that should have been scrolling on your screen. If you have a slew of script errors, you've found your true culprit and can start looking for solutions. (There shouldn't be any such script error bugs in the current 1.153 Native, so I'd guess if this is the case you are using a mod?)

Yes, I'm using Native mod compilation 1.0.

Strangely enough, I have never seen a script error message while playing this one. The next time it happens I will have a look at recent messages. I see myself restarting this mod until I get tired of it, tbh.
I'm going to post here what I found (In case i find anything).

Thanks For

EDIT:

Okay, so it happened again, clicke notes, went to recent messages and found this err: SCRIPTERROR ON CODE 921: Invalid overlay ID: 474 LINE NO 42
after this there are 5 identical messages: AT_script update_agent_hp_bar
And then another script error which is pretty much the same as before but on code 922 instead of 921 and this time in line 161; followed by the update agent hp bar message like 6 times.

So I guess that the problem is something doesn't work well with HP bars, but they're not enabled in my game so I'm just lost. Any help?

Last edited:
That's been a common complaint with that mod, that is as of yet without solution there.

I might suggest using Floris Gameplay (or Expanded) for a similar (and more featured) experience without the spammed errors.

So it has no solution. Well, thank you. I'm downloading Floris Expanded but it's a shame having to start again.