+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gott mit uns - A flavour Mini-Mod (events and decisions)

Serenissimo Leone Marco Dandolo's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Gott mit uns - A flavour Mod

Salve!

I publish this little mod, which I used in several MP-games with a friend. I added some events and decisions regarding the so-called “Vormärz” in Germany before the March Revolution in 1848.

My goal was not a historical-deterministic variant, but to create some more flavour. The events will not change much and are not game-changing or –breaking, they don’t add more consciousness or liberal percent than the regular “Liberal Revolution” ones. But I wanted to give everything a more personal, historical face, not a generic one.

My approach is the following: it is nice to have some historical notifications. Why does Britain gain for everything prestige, what is with the other nations? Isn’t it just fine to get some prestige score or research points? Why is Carroll’s “Alice” so important, but not Manzoni’s “Promessi sposi” or Heine’s “Wintermärchen”? Why only Wagner, what is with the other composers?

Victoria has a splendid atmosphere, when it comes to that point. I want to enrich and enlarge it. Because of that, I began with German flavour events, because they seem to be the most difficult (many states, and a cultural boom in the 19th century). Please notice, that I have in mind to extend this mod, but because of my RL, I have sometimes much freedom to work on it, and other times I am forced to be away for months.

But I’m looking forward to extend it every time a bit. This time it is the “Vormärz”, but it will be more. At least, I want do the same for Italy.

The events have high ID numbers, in hopes that this little collection may work with other mods. Feel free to use the files. Ah, and a last thing: English localisation only.

PS: I tried every event and decision and they should work fine. However, this is my first (published) mod, and there may be dragons errors. So, please don’t be too harsh with a humble little exiled Venetian, and contact me if something is wrong.

Content

- 50 historical events regarding Germany: music, literature, political und social events like the protest of the Göttingen Seven, the first Beethoven festival, the construction of Cologne cathedral and the Weavers' uprising in the 'Vormärz' period (until ca. 1850)
    - more accuracy of the historical states in Germany. Baden, Hesse-Kassel and Württemberg were rather liberal, Bavaria and others had a constitution and landed voting.
    - some decisions for German states

Screenshots (fired manually)

Content

###########
    # Content #
    ###########

Events

# Events 200001-3 The cathedral of cologne
    # Event 200005 A german anthem
    # Event 200006 The first 'Beethovenfest'
    # Events 200007-13 The Goettingen Seven
    # Event 200014 Introduction
    # Event 200015 Kneeling controversy
    # Events 200016-18 Free press events
    # Events 200019-20 Grimms Woerterbuch
    # Events 200021-23 Heines Wintermaerchen
    # Event 200024 Beethovenfest response
    # Events 200025-28 Beethoven festival scandal
    # Events 200029-32 Germanistentag
    # Event 200033 Goethedenkmal
    # Event 200034 Constitutional Conflict of Hesse-Kassel
    # Event 200035 Kosmos (Humboldt)
    # Events 200036-45 German composers
    # Event 200046 Mondnacht
    # Event 200047 Spitzweg
    # Event 200048 Brentano
    # Event 200049-52 The Weavers

Decisions

Frankfurt: Goethe monument
    Württemberg: Schiller monument
    Bavaria: Maximilianstraße and Neuschwanstein
    Baden: Reintroduction of the free press
    Prussia: Cologne cathedral
    Heligoland: If Britain has good relations with Germany, it secedes Heligoland
    Gruenderzeit: The decision is available for every germanic state, but has not the same benefits as the austrian (only 3 life_rating for the capital )
    Museum: Every nation, that has the 'excavation-modifier' can build a museum in the capital.

Pictures

Yeah, I like pictures.

History

Attempted for more accuracy and changed some German states from absolute to constitutional monarchy. Baden, Württemberg and Hesse-Kassel were among the more liberal states, Bavaria and some other had at least landed voting. The city states are now democracies, but only with weighted wealth.

Venetian government names.

Other changes:

Events

Hanover has not to be in the British sphere of influence, if the 'Victoria-coronation-event' should fire.

Commons

Prussian blue for Prussia.

Not much. Only the change from "Prussian constitutionalism" to "Constitutional Monarchy". You can delete the "text" file, if you want.

The standard edition was expanded with the "Koldewey" update, expanding archaeology.

The next expansion was "Restaurazione", the italian counterpart to "Vormärz". It expands heavily on Italian culture and the Risorgimento, with events reaching from the "Canto degli Italiai" (National anthem) to Italian interwar aviation. Please keep in mind that some events, like the First Italian War of Independence, are only occuring in the APD-Mod download!

Here are the Downloads:

Download Gott mit uns (Restaurazione) for A House Divided

Download Gott mit uns (Restaurazione) for A Pop Divided

Important note: This mod works with APD 3.2.5; the next update will be made for POD.
    Last edited by Marco Dandolo; 10-03-2013 at 17:04.
    E' meglio vivere un giorno da leone che cent'anni da pecora.
    - It is better to live one single day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep.

Serenissima Italia - An Italian Ambition for EUIV
    An overhaul mod for the whole Italian peninsula. Keep the Medici in power, play Calcio, meet Venetian Senators, be guest at the Palio and be prepared for a whole, new Italian experience!

Serenissima Italia is part of MUNDUS NON SUFFICIT, the first Major Overhaul Mod for EUIV!

51 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IILost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nice mod, thanks for it
    Commander Shepard: You must have had some kind of interesting experience.
    Urdnott Wrex: Well, there was this one time the Turians tried to wipe out our entire race. That was fun.

Thanks to you for trying it!

I'm looking forward to a new expansion until the weekend. It will be named "Koldewey" and focus on Archaeology. In Victoria, Archaeology is only a random thing with random events. You will see two new inventions, enabling more possibilities than ever. As my philosophy is a greater spectrum of flavour, expeditions will not only be send to Egypt. Archaeological events will also follow more plausible causes, like these two new technologies, excavation efforts and new institutions, like the museum - which is included in the Vormärz - or an archaeological society.

An example to illustrate the difference between the old modifiers for the discovery of Tut-Ankh-Amun and the new ones:

The old event:

Code:
    #Tutankhamun's Tomb
    country_event = {
    	id = 19046
    	title = "EVTNAME19046"
    	desc = "EVTDESC19046"
    	picture = "Egyptian"

trigger = {
    		has_country_modifier = egyptian_excavations
    		NOT = {
    			has_global_flag = tutankhamun_found
    		}
    	}

major = yes

mean_time_to_happen = {
    		months = 2000
    	}

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTA19046"
    		prestige = 30
    		years_of_research = 1
    		set_global_flag = tutankhamun_found
    		any_country = {
    			remove_country_modifier = egyptian_excavations
    		}
    		remove_country_modifier = egyptian_excavations
    		clr_global_flag = egyptian_excavation_rights
    	}
    }

The new event:

Code:
    #Tutankhamun's Tomb
    country_event = {
    	id = 19046
    	title = "EVTNAME19046"
    	desc = "EVTDESC19046"
    	picture = "Carter"

trigger = {
    		has_country_modifier = egyptian_excavations
    		NOT = {
    			has_global_flag = tutankhamun_found
    		}
    	}

major = yes

mean_time_to_happen = {
    		months = 2500
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.8
    			invention = modern_archaeology
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.9
    			invention = early_archaeology
    		}
                    modifier = {
    			factor = 0.9
    			has_country_modifier = mesopotamian_excavations
    		}
                    modifier = {
    			factor = 0.9
    			has_country_modifier = inca_excavations
    		}
                    modifier = {
    			factor = 0.9
    			has_country_modifier = maya_excavations
    		}
                    modifier = {
    			factor = 0.9
                            has_country_flag = had_arch_exhibition
    		}
                    modifier = {
    			factor = 0.9
                            has_country_flag = museum_build
    		}
                    modifier = {
    			factor = 0.9
                            has_country_flag = archaeological_society
    		}
                    modifier = {
    			factor = 0.9
                            has_country_flag = famous_archaeologist
    		}
    	}

fire_only_once = yes

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTA19046"
    		prestige = 100
    		years_of_research = 1
    		set_global_flag = tutankhamun_found
    	}
    }

I saw that the POP-Demand-Mod has also Mycenean excavations and will try to bring this in harmony, so that it is possible to combine both archaeological experiences.
    - It is better to live one single day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep.

An overhaul mod for the whole Italian peninsula. Keep the Medici in power, play Calcio, meet Venetian Senators, be guest at the Palio and be prepared for a whole, new Italian experience!

Serenissima Italia is part of MUNDUS NON SUFFICIT, the first Major Overhaul Mod for EUIV!

Well, it has been a while. Unfortunately, shortly after finishing the new update in June, my PC thought it was time to say goodbye. After months, I finally have a new PC and rescued my disk with the last update. Well, if anyone is interested, here it is:

This expansion is called the Koldewey update, in honour of one of the great german archaeologists (the guy in Mesopotamia who brought the monumental Ishtar Gate to Berlin, in tenthousand little pieces, and reconstructed it there; Germans are very good, when it comes to jigsaw abilities).
    You may guess, that this is an archaeological expansion, and you are right. So, dear, ladies and gentlemen, sit back and enjoy the show!

Renewed and balanced old events

We will do a journey to different places of the earth, and because of that, Egypt is not the one and only spot. I had to adjust the Pharaoh's events a little bit (like my example above), but I also added some new things, to give some fresh wind.

Introduced new events, regarding new und untouched archaeological places

Egypt is an archaeological paradise, but is it the only one? Well, what about the jungles of Guatemala, and its mysterious Maya pyramids? Or the legendary tower of Babylon? And last but not least, there is also the gold of the Inca, in the high mountains of the Andes.

Archaeological support is a national interest. Not only for research, but also for prestige. Every event chain has a "special treasure", like Tut's tomb in Egypt. You may find pyramids and steles in Guatemala, or tablets and palaces in Mesopotamia, but at the end, you also may find the special artefact, which is considered groundbreaking, like El Mirador or the Tower.

New decisions

Like in Egypt, you can encourage an expedition to a country, or enforce it, if you have the power to do that. Be careful, not everyone is happy to let strangers in there country, and you are also able to bribe your way.

If you have at least one excavation ongoing, you may establish a museum in your capital, which will better the prestige of your nation and the life-rating in your capital, but also the possibility of positive archaeology-related events.

Archaeological technology

The update introduces two new innovations: early and modern archaeology. Early archaeology is the stage of tomb raiding and treasure hunting, like it was in the first half of the 19th century. It only needs Idealism and is a requirement for some expeditions. Modern archaeology is the more scientific approach and a little bit tricky, because it doesn't have any base chance. Not luck, but your engagement in the world will give you a chance to develop this technology. The following screen may give you an idea:

New random events

A country which has strong ambitions on this field of science will encounter some interesting events like exhibitions, archaeological societies or famous archaeologists. These events give - additionally to the bonus - also some modifier points to excavation events. A country with good archaeologists, museums and a scientific traditioon will experience more positive exacavation events (at least, the modifiers will tend to do so).

Events related to archaeology

Some major events have now influence on archaeological events. If the Panama Canal is build, the local workers will tell about the ruins in Mesoamerica; without the Panama canal, there will be no Mayan excavations! And the Peruvian Machu Pichu event will gather interest in the whole world, because it starts the Incan excavations...

Mycenean excavations integrated

I integrated the Mycenean excavations, which are part of the POP Mod. I highly appreciate Naselus' and Co. work, and usually play it together with these changes. I don't want to rob anything, but I think that there are other players out there, who combine the POP mod with others, and in that case, I wanted to make it a bit more easy to do that. I hope that won't be a problem; I changed the Myceanean events a little bit, and used some new pictures, to distinguish them from the egyptian ones.

Luck against experience

One of my goals was, that I wanted to give the events and decisions some valour. Finding artefacts won't be only luck, because some modifiers will have an effect on success. To show that, I cite this event, to show how it works:

#El Mirador
    country_event = {
    id = 201026
    title = "EVTNAME201026"
    desc = "EVTDESC201026"
    picture = "Mirador"

trigger = {
    has_country_modifier = maya_excavations
    NOT = {
    has_global_flag = mirador_found
    }
    }

mean_time_to_happen = {
    months = 1000
    modifier = {
    factor = 0.9
    invention = modern_archaeology
    }
    modifier = {
    factor = 0.9
    has_country_modifier = mesopotamian_excavations
    }
    modifier = {
    factor = 0.9
    has_country_modifier = inca_excavations
    }
    modifier = {
    factor = 0.9
    has_country_modifier = mycenaean_excavations
    }
    modifier = {
    factor = 0.9
    has_country_flag = had_arch_exhibition
    }
    modifier = {
    factor = 0.9
    has_country_flag = museum_build
    }
    modifier = {
    factor = 0.9
    has_country_flag = archaeological_society
    }
    modifier = {
    factor = 0.9
    has_country_flag = famous_archaeologist
    }
    }

Finding El Mirador is a pain, but good archaeological work AND luck will help to find it. Remember, that mayan excavations start after the Panama canal, giving lesser time to excavate it than the Pharaoh.

Easter eggs

Well, I think you may guess in which direction this stuff may go. Beware of the jungles and mountains of South America!

Other important things

This mod should work with Vanilla and AHD. It is highly recommended to start in 1836, because otherwise, it can lead to wired outcomes (think of some historical german events of the "Vormärz!").

Content

### Events 201000-201070 ### Koldewey ### by Marco Dandolo [70 new Events!]###

# Events 201000-19/37-39/70 THAT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM! (general)

# Events 201000-02 Mayan and Incan ruins discovered (triggers decision)
    # Events 201003-06 Archaeological access to Maya ruins
    # Events 201007-09 Archaeological access to Peru
    # Events 201010-12 Archaeological access to Mesopotamia
    # Event 201013 Exhibtion
    # Event 201014 Invitation to an exhibition
    # Events 201015-17 Local excavations (for countries without archaeology!)
    # Event 201018 Archaeological society
    # Event 201019 Famous archaeologist
    # Events 201037-39 Sensation aftermath
    # Event 201070 Aftermath for Agamemnon's mask (APD)

# Events 201020-36/40-69 Excavations

# { UPDATED OLD EGYPTIAN EXCEVATION-EVENTS! }
    # Event 201020 New egyptian excevation-event
    # Events 201021-32 Mayan excavations
    # Events 201033-36 Mesopotamian excavations
    # Events 201040-69 Incan excavations

Decisions

One decision to establish a museum, and three for each new region (Guatemala, Peru, Mesopotamia).

Pictures

Added new pictures for the APD archaeological events. You will see proper pictures for minoan, mycaenean and palaeoanthropological events.

Some last words

I tested the mod two or three times in a full game, without troubles, using the Validator and the experiences of a friend, with whom I play in MP. Until now, I didn't find any bugs, but remember that I'm only an amateur. Thanks for your interest.

And now - fetch your fedora!

Gott mit uns (Koldewey) DOWNLOAD
    Last edited by Marco Dandolo; 25-01-2013 at 15:29.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

YES, this will make germany much more epic, one quick question though, is this compatible with APD?
    I can forgive, but i can´t forget.

Reality is just for people with a boring imagination...

Every nationalist who hates foreigners hasn´t understood his own ideology.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of Prussia
    500k club

Wunderschön!
    Imperium 1.4 (Mod for Victoria II)

Austria: efficient like the Germans, musical like the Italians and refined like the French.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarius1997 View Post
    YES, this will make germany much more epic, one quick question though, is this compatible with APD?
    Didn't notice it the last year?

Well, I don't know what the team changed since June 2012; the last time when I checked it, there where only some minor things I had to change. The important changes are in the sections from the original game, which I edited details. I will play the last update from december in the next week, maybe I make a new version which you can merge directly with APD. It's not much work, after all.

@Andrelvis: Gern geschehen!
    Last edited by Marco Dandolo; 11-01-2013 at 21:40.

Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Dandolo View Post
    Didn't notice it the last year?

Well, I don't know what the team changed since June 2012; the last time when I checked it, there where only some minor things I had to change. The important changes are in the sections from the original game, which I edited details. I will play the last update from december in the next week, maybe I make a new version which you can merge directly with APD. It's not much work, after all.
    I was mostly in the EUIII forums when you uploaded the first version, so that´s why i didn´t notice it.

Yeah, thanks, this with APD just sounds epic.

Well, only some flavour, nothing special; I've seen that Andrelvis did something similar by converting VI events to VII.

By the way, is there a good mod out there which resembles the Swiss confederation until the Sonderbund war, or is something like that integrated in APD? That would've have been my next goal.

There was one some time ago, but it hasn´t been ported to the newest version of APD so far.

EDIT: Here

Thanks for the link; seemed rather ambitious, and wasn't really finished, if I understand it correctly. Maybe I should consider something different.
    Well, I will first make an update for APD, than I'll decide what I do next.

Yeah, it was pretty ambitious, and would have made Switzerland interesting. It´s pretty sad that it was never finished.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of Prussia
    500k club

Marco Dandolo, would you mind if I incorporated your mini-mod into the next version of Imperium?
    Imperium 1.4 (Mod for Victoria II)

Austria: efficient like the Germans, musical like the Italians and refined like the French.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Astonishing idea, EVERY major country should have this kind of treatment! This should be included in every serious mod Try suggesting it to neaselus and the others from PDM

@Andrelvis: Yeah, no problem. You may also adjust the effect of some events. If you mention me in the thread, everything is ok. I've got to make a list for the new events of the last update, so you may have a better overview.

@Purfa: Well, I'm looking forward to do the next for the italian states, to give some flair (Manzoni's promessi sposi, Leopardi's death, Verdi's operas), instead of doing the Sonderbund war. I tend to do something new instead of doing something where others began. I'm not sure if Naselus is interested, because at the moment, the historical events are german-centric (whereas the archaeological ones are not), and before any suggestion, I want to expand this event collection to some other european cultures. I'm also convinced, that Naselus would see some changes, regarding the event effects, to balance everything better with the rest of the APD mod, so, I will have to do some work before thinking of that. But thank you for proposal, it honours me.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

About Italy, also remember to add Pompei's discovery!

Fiorelli's studies will be available with the Archaeology inventions of the last update.

Allora, I updated the last version, including APDs palaeoanthropological events and the minoan events (I did this on Saturday, you may have the files, if you downloaded it later), integrating them in the archaeological scope and updating them with some better fitting pictures; the egyptian ones are somewhat annoying.
    This step was undertaken because the future updates will work on the fundament of the APD mod. The next update "Restaurazione" will be APD only, because some events will be affected by events (e. g. the Hungarian war of independence) and decisions (e. g. academia della crusca) which are already existent in this modification. The second motive regards the fact, that I may follow Sarius and Purfas counsel and attempt to be added to the tweak list; but first, I should complete the next round of flavor events, because I'm not satisfied with my work, yet. And the most important thing remains, that they are interested. I'm not the man who thinks, that he may play in the Seria A, when I've won against a regional team...

The APD conversion of the current mod should follow in this week, after some testing. The Validator didn't find any errors, but I'm always a pessimist when it comes to the practical use.

The last week was quite busy, and the APD conversion is done. But instead of releasing it now, I want to add the last changes. Like I said, we will see some flavour for Italy, and what would be an italian flavour update without the movement of '48? In that case, it was very important to keep the balance, because Austria should win in 80% of the cases, and so I had to find some compromise, reflecting these interesting times in a better light, without destroying the gameplay. In that case, the upcoming expansion should make the game much more interesting for an austrian or an italian player, because like the events in the first update, we will see some events which will have an effect on other countries in that scope. I also want to underline, that the events won't determine a certain historical line; in fact, the AI has different choices, leading to different ways, and the First War of Italian Independence may not occur. Sometimes, there would be only the venetian uprising, more often there will be also the 5 days of Milan and the Sardinian intervention... and the infamous Roman Republic, dethroning the pope, and an invading France.

Brave Italians don't have quite a chance, but the world will remember these days of heroism. If they had only a general like this one...

But as you may have seen, Austria is not defenseless, getting two valuable generals, if these rebells dare to fight against the legitimate rule. As said, that is still flavour, but as you may know, there is also a hungarian revolt... and if another great power decides to intervene - well, in that case it's the same as in vanilla.

Mazzini: a criminal or a fighter for freedom?

Well, I'll do some testing now.

Added the list of content for Koldewey.

The new expansion "Restaurazione" is ready, and the Validator is happy. Nevertheless, the testing isn't over, yet, because I wasn't able to play the last days. In return, here a screen of an interesting, cultural event.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast