• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ncm

First Lieutenant
19 Badges
Nov 16, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
6smza.png

Volumes | History | Culture | Summaries
Terminology -- Chronology & Timelines -- House of O'Neill

Eireanna, the chronicle of the House of O'Neill's rise from Ulster's petty kingdom to greatness. This AAR is dormant until its associated save's completion, and will be presented in a variety of forms. The game was played on normal difficulty DW 5.1 and Death and Taxes, with the formation of Ireland and later Great Britain as a colonialist noble republic envisioned.

Rules:

Limited cheating to overcome bugs, enact realistic events not featured in the game (i.e. install a lesser O'Neill noble as king of a vassal, as in the Napoleonic Empire) or to bypass irritating but minor issues (i.e. the inability to annex a nation requiring 102% warscore) is permissible, but will be strictly controlled and instances of it indicated to the reader.

Last edited:
Good, solid house rules. I used a similar sort in my previous game, where I split sub-Saharan Africa between the Teutonic order and the Knights Hospitaller. And set up a lot of minor noble kingdoms in other parts of Africa. And tag-switched, culture shifted Ethiopia to become Castillan, as there was almost none natives after the pagan conversions. And used missionaries on force-converted countries.

Just two questions: If you don't plan to start the aar yet, why did you post the introduction, and why do the hyper-links lead me to google?

I'm very interested to see where you go with this. I like your rules and setup.