+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Culture and religion

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindImpireMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Not sure, but it's either only your capital or nothing at all, certainly nothing more than that.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesRome GoldVictoria 2

If you change your religion, neither your capital nor the rest of the country will change too. However the chances that "Spread of Protestantism/the Reformation" will proc are higher and you get some events which give you quite hard negative modifier (+RR and so on) but better missionary chance.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2

Blog Entries
    and NI will effict that greatly..
    Jesus...hmm.. Lover of my soul :-)

Restoration-of-Charlemagne-(MMU)-from-Bergyndy ARR

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Jazumir View Post
    Hehehe - if all the subjects of a souvereign automatically changed confession with him, there would have been a little less conflict during the timeframe, i suppose (or more... who knows - anyways: it aint so).
    Cuius regio, eius religio
    I should go.

Quote Originally Posted by n0thin View Post
    If you change your religion, neither your capital nor the rest of the country will change too. However the chances that "Spread of Protestantism/the Reformation" will proc are higher and you get some events which give you quite hard negative modifier (+RR and so on) but better missionary chance.
    So this means that I will have to do most of the converting job on my own? Province by province?

Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2

Blog Entries
    or load up MMU where you can do it in them all ane step:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Theoden View Post
    So this means that I will have to do most of the converting job on my own? Province by province?
    Yep. So if you were planning on going all innovative, you might want to wait out on that.

Although France and England went through a lot of trouble during the reformation, I don't recall Scandinavia being really affected that much by it all. Converting to protestantism as Sweden is quite bothersome, as far as I'm concerned, but it just never seemed like that in real life, or am I wrong here?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    MagickaMount & Blade: Warband

Sometimes most of scandinavia will just go protestant/reformd, converting is a breeze then

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZappyVlaams View Post
    Yep. So if you were planning on going all innovative, you might want to wait out on that.

Although France and England went through a lot of trouble during the reformation, I don't recall Scandinavia being really affected that much by it all. Converting to protestantism as Sweden is quite bothersome, as far as I'm concerned, but it just never seemed like that in real life, or am I wrong here?
    In dk there was a civilwar about it.. had not had one since then

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III CollectionMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club

Doesn't Sweden still have a State Religion (Lutheran)?

I came upon a monument in Sweden where Baptists remembered their persecution in the 19th century.

Blog Entries
    no.. Denmark is the only stil do to..

However the govement is working HARD on to kill it.. (the state faith), and so far it has done what no Roman Empirer never had..

Long story short, the church is about to leave the state.. (at least the part that belive in Jesus/trinity and/or the bible).

Quote Originally Posted by ZappyVlaams View Post

Then why in the world would a blob-nation want to change its religion? I mean it's worth for small nations, with few provinces, but if you have like 30 provinces, I don't think it's profitable to change your state religion for a bonus of +10% of anything, considering that you get a penalty in all your provinces and you have to convert them all on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoden View Post
    Then why in the world would a blob-nation want to change its religion? I mean it's worth for small nations, with few provinces, but if you have like 30 provinces, I don't think it's profitable to change your state religion for a bonus of +10% of anything, considering that you get a penalty in all your provinces and you have to convert them all on your own.
    Converting provinces isn't all that hard to do if you plan for it and take appropriate decisions and/or NIs and such. Also, the religion change events heavily favor you if you have changed your state religion as well so many provinces will flip for free.

In my experience, converting to Protestantism as a German or Scandinavian nation is pretty easy if you do it right at the dawn of the Reformation. Most of your provinces will convert automatically. Of course, it's even better if you arrange to be the starting country for the Reformation. (In my first HTTT game, I was the TO and I submitted to Hussite rebels in 1494. Cue split from Rome and Unam Sanctam across Germany.)

I've never seen a reason to convert to Reformed, though. By the time it fires, my colonial empires are always big enough that staying Catholic is better, and non-colonizers should stick with Catholic or Protestant depending on strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramidel View Post
    In my experience, converting to Protestantism as a German or Scandinavian nation is pretty easy if you do it right at the dawn of the Reformation. Most of your provinces will convert automatically. Of course, it's even better if you arrange to be the starting country for the Reformation. (In my first HTTT game, I was the TO and I submitted to Hussite rebels in 1494. Cue split from Rome and Unam Sanctam across Germany.)

I've never seen a reason to convert to Reformed, though. By the time it fires, my colonial empires are always big enough that staying Catholic is better, and non-colonizers should stick with Catholic or Protestant depending on strategy.
    Well, the boost in trade efficency could be nice for a small free trade country.

Well, yeah. I've never played a country that stayed small from 1399 to 1821, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramidel View Post
    Well, yeah. I've never played a country that stayed small from 1399 to 1821, though.
    Also useful for things like Poland into Space as every last ducat can count. It depends a lot on what you want to do in your game as to whether you should be trying to change religion or not. In most of my games I play the simple house rule that if the capital flips then I change just as an added challenge as for many Catholic nations there isn't a whole lot of challenge left after 1600 unless you are trying for a WC or to survive as an OPM or something similar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2