+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Naval supply limit

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III CollectionMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club

Naval support limit

Over the last 20 game years (1499-1520, France) I have seen my naval support limit gradually going down from 54 to 42.

There hasn't been much change in my and vassals territory in Europe (I dipplo-annexed the vassals Provence and Savoie during that time).
    I did do some colonising in the Caribbean.
    More than half of my provinces turned Reformed and Protestant (I did use the edict of Nantes and a religious tolerance NI to minimise the consequences).

Over that same period my land support limit has grown, as well as my income.

Any idea what causes the reduction in naval support limit?
    Could it be a general economic deterioration of my vassals?
    Last edited by springel; 09-06-2012 at 12:19.

By naval supply limit, do you mean naval forcelimit?
    Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory - Sun Tzu

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III CollectionMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Rogov View Post
    By naval supply limit, do you mean naval forcelimit?
    I mean the support limit :-)

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by springel View Post
    I mean the support limit :-)
    I mean what i mean, don't I?

Well naval support limit is dependant on religion i suppose, so if it is wrong, it is decreased. You don't get naval support limit from vassals, so that is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    Well naval support limit is dependant on religion i suppose.
    That might explain it.

Where can I find all these religious modifiers?
    I know Protestant is good for Production, Reformed is good for Trade and a bit for Colonisation, Catholic is good for Colonisation and a lot of Papal stuff, but is there a complete overview somewhere?

I was planning to change religion when the large majority of my provinces had gone over, but what are the general arguments fore and against for France? I am already too little narrowminded to get any Missionaries.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

That might explain it.

Where can I find all these religious modifiers?
    I know Protestant is good for Production, Reformed is good for Trade and a bit for Colonisation, Catholic is good for Colonisation and a lot of Papal stuff, but is there a complete overview somewhere?

I was planning to change religion when the large majority of my provinces had gone over, but what are the general arguments fore and against for France? I am already too little narrowminded to get any Missionaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eu3 wiki
    naval forcelimit = 0.5 * (sum of base tax + additions such as workshops and CoTs) * %modifiers

Other factors affecting the naval forcelimit:
    Only non-colony (pop 1000+) coastal provinces are counted.
    Contribution of provinces of a different culture group (even if accepted) or non-state religion is halved.
    Contribution of provinces with no land connection to the capital (even on the same continent) is quartered.
    Contribution of provinces on a different continent from the capital with a land connection is divided by 20.
    http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Na...it#Force_Limit

Ah, so it all comes from the effect of non-state religion coastal provinces.

Thank you.

Any advice on the going Protestant or Reformed decision?

Ah, so it all comes from the effect of non-state religion coastal provinces.

Thank you.

Any advice on the going Protestant or Reformed decision?
    I don't advise it. Unless you realy need uber fleet. And anyway, fleet does not cost too much. If you want to have strongest fleet in the world, then you should revoke edict the nantes and convert all heretics.

Waiting for The Miracle anubisfike's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

As you said yourself, reformed is good for traders and protestant is good for land empires that can focus on production. If you think either of these are more important than the curia/slight colony bonus then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    If you want to have strongest fleet in the world, then you should revoke edict the nantes and convert all heretics.
    Convert heretics and then revoke Edict you mean? (according to the decision-description it can only be revoked if there is at most one heretic province in France, or France is not Catholic).

Anyway, I don't have any missionaries to do the conversion; I am too far in the decision tree.

+ Reply to Thread