+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: News from 1.03 beta

Darkest Hour Game Designer Fernando Torres's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder_Box View Post
    Are the new graphics on the user interface included in the patch?
    As I said, there will be an Official Graphic Pack. The graphics are a bit too heavy to be included in a patch.

Just for clarification, I removed all comments and the screen of the casualty tracker, it is still in the middle of development.
    A discussion about a half implement feature in alphastage is not helpful.

There will be a proper Dev Diary when things are far enough to become public, and please don't ask me why we announced the thing, when we are not ready to talk about it... :P
    Last edited by ewphoenix123; 09-06-2012 at 15:34.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Darkest Hour
    ✪ ☭ ✠
    a 1914-1963 Grand Strategy Game

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2
    500k club

This is music to my ears!
    My attempt on an AAR! (Just begun!)

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-A-Swedish-AAR

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
    A discussion about a half implement feature in alphastage is not helpful.
    Come on man
    Mod:
    Byzantium - Imperial Restoration for Darkest Hour
    Wilhelm Scream for Crusader Kings II

§1 - Posts made by this user are subject to intense editing shortly after posting... Hooray for indecisiveness!

1.03 in sight?
    "Hmm... a Tsar, raised by the will of the people? Sounds legit." -- KotoR45

Need ministers for a mod project or just because?

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Iron CrossMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler: Cold War

it owuld be really really cool if there was some sort of watered down chain of command like from hoi 3
    I wanna be Korean or Japanese.

"If it's an exploit for para's then it's an exploit for EVERY unit in the game and therefore the game itself is an exploit." -jju_57

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIIron Cross
    Victoria 2

This patch looks to be godly but... you guys were way too ambitious. We've had to deal with 1.02 problems for nearly a year :| I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that being less ambitious with your patches, giving a faster time for getting fixes to game breaking problems would be much appreciated. This 1.03 is too good and too long of a wait :P Torture

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionHearts of Iron III CollectionIron Cross

Time to start thinking of a new AAR for 1.03...

Quote Originally Posted by vcgetdown View Post
    This patch looks to be godly but... you guys were way too ambitious. We've had to deal with 1.02 problems for nearly a year :| I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that being less ambitious with your patches, giving a faster time for getting fixes to game breaking problems would be much appreciated. This 1.03 is too good and too long of a wait :P Torture
    I agree. More frequent but smaller patches would be a better option.

Let me remind you that:
    1) development cycles can sometimes require months and they can't be interrupted at will
    2) we are simply not allowed to publish many patches
    Last edited by ^_AC_^; 10-06-2012 at 11:22.

will we be able to bomb aircrafts at airports?

Its great overall and grafics anyway, one change i dont like are extra 2 tech slots for IC-rich states.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankist/45 View Post
    Its great overall and grafics anyway, one change i dont like are extra 2 tech slots for IC-rich states.
    You can change that any time in misc.txt
    Mod:
    Byzantium - Imperial Restoration for Darkest Hour
    Wilhelm Scream for Crusader Kings II

§1 - Posts made by this user are subject to intense editing shortly after posting... Hooray for indecisiveness!

It's not that simple, because this affects balance.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods

Very good news

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Finnish View Post
    You can change that any time in misc.txt
    AI buildplan and research could be messed up, because possibly they are designed for more tech slots.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k club

It seams 1.03 is going to be awesome!
    DH team delivers.

Quote Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
    when we are not ready to talk about it... :P
    Can we ask about the other things though?
    Specifically, 7 tech teams.
    How exactly it is implemented? The guy asking on the facebook has brought up the important question about balance.
    In my experience in AAR 7 tech teams plus decreased research rate lead to a being pretty hard to keep up with a historical research dates, especially as a minor with limited supply of cash and bad tech teams (level 4-5). Will that be an issue?

I'm worried about minors, too. For major countries this change will be beneficial, but other countries will have to rely on blueprints, so it would be a good idea to increase the blueprint bonus.

Changes to tech slots:
    1. Min tech teams - 2 (from 1)
    2. Max tech teams - 7 (from 5)
    3. Research mod - 0.4 (from 0.5)
    4. Money cost for each skill-level - 0.1 (from 0.12)
    So, minors will also have 2 tech slots as minimum. All countries have at least twoTTs.

For now, we've seen a good behaviour. Actually, we may have to increase the difficulty of some techs for the 1933-1936 period.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast