• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
-Colonial wars
-Intelligent selection of allies, an end to the alliance spam
-A transport system, so you can raid trade routes, and so that the price of goods depends greatly on the quality of your infrastructure, your techs, and the overall distance traveled by rail and sea
-An overhaul of combat, especially naval combat
-A 1914 scenario
-1n 1871 scenario (Just after German unification, all the GPs were in place at this time, and the scramble for Africa was about to happen)

I would like to be able to zoom out to see the entire world.
Yes, a feature where you could zoom out and see the Earth, like in Civ 4, would be excellent.

Last edited:
They need to rework combat... for reals. It feels way, way too much like EU3, given what wars were actually like during this period. You couldn't just run an army all around all willy-nilly, especially behind enemy lines.

More diplomatic options and differences in the political parties would be really good - the crisis system would be good as some have previously mentioned. A kind of ultimatum system would be good too as well as being able to meddle in the affairs of spherelings and puppets.

Financial markets and banking would be nice too.

I do agree combat has to be completely redone with better naval battles and perhaps even air forces in the later game.

In my opinion infamy limit should be higher - about 40 and there should be a maximum infamy limit around 100 or 125, the idea being that a country can only get so . This would make the time to get back to about 25 around 80 years.
To counter this the contain war goal should be more powerful maybe splintering nations and taking over colonies - a bit like in the "Great War" mod. Perhaps the containment conditions should last until the county is below the infamy limit but also should be more flexible - the country does not have to keep to them - if it breaks them the other great powers get a contain war goal again. When a country is contained the infamy decrease should probably double or triple - I know this could be abused, but is probably more realistic.

Infamy decrease should probably be dynamic, in fact it may even be desireable to move to more of a threat/neutrality system like in HOI3, with flexible neutrality though.

Last edited:
As some have stated before, expanding the political mechanics to include stuff such as ministers (HoI3-style).

A bit like this:

politics_cabinet.jpg

That was just a simple mock-up image I made. Just to see how it looked in Victoria 2.

EDIT: Most of the ministers I just threw together from different ww1-era German politicians (I know quite a few were only Foreign Minister, but I was being lazy and just needed characters images & names)

Something to represent various local governments. It doesn't make sense that the only options are to have a 100% centralized government or to create a satellite. Also maybe a eu3 style diplomacy system where you can trust a country, be a rival, or feel threatened.

I would really like a cabinet, like in HOI3, and a visible monarch and heir. This would give the government more personality as the top executive officials and the monarch should be able to influence your country's modifiers more than now, which is not at all. It would mainly just allow a more realistic representation of the government and the political parties.

I'd like an economic expansion.
-Allow corporations to form (with a certain technology, perhaps?). These would be able to own multiple factories depending on what industry they are (or a conglomerate) and would have generated names (last names of that ethnicity, a province name or historical corporate name). Some companies would expand vertically, others would be conglomerates where as others would just expand in their chosen industry. They'd could gain experience in certain areas (ie running a steel factory). I think something to this effect would add greatly to the game. Ooh, and let me name them too! I want to see Nippon Automobile Co. dominating the world's car production.
-Add a finance sector. Preferably not a immersion breaking setup like PDM/APD (which is still better than nothing).
-Get rid of national chosen researches, rather have corporations, RGOs, factories, and POPs contribute to spontaneous discoveries. What I mean, essentially, is to make everything an "invention".

Furthermore I miss the military depth that Victoria I had. The ability to raise different quality troops (reserve is unnecessary now) was nice. Bring back the division system (it'd improve performance at the least) and brigade attachments. Add many more types of ships (aircraft carrier, submarine, and so on).

Divisions don't really work that well with the way soldier POPs work now; having to wait for your first soldier POP to reach 10,000 men would be a nightmare for many nations. It's annoying, as from a military point of view larger units are better, but from a population point of view smaller is better. Frankly, I'd say a completely new version where you can just raise units that are as big as the number of soldier POPs available in the state/province, up to a maximum number (3,000 or 10,000, doesn't really matter which) would be the best solution to the military.

More ships are definitely needed, and the inventions for them are already in the files (commented out). The problem is that, as Kale has previous put it, V2's naval combat system isn't even as sophisticated as draughts (checkers). There's only 2 stats, so differentiating between a submarine and a cruiser is pretty hard. We need visibility, we need view distances, we need blockade efficiency and shore bombardment. A naval-themed expansion would be ideal for this (V2: Jutland or something) and would also be a good place to make gunship diplomacy actually work, and blockades actually do something useful (just taking a % of export value would do).

A very good Converter to HOI3 and i would pay 50 euro for the converter only!

Although i would pay the same price for a expansion whish changes the timeline so the game starts in the year 1700, so i can fight the 7 years war, the war of american independence, the wars for supremacy of india. Make Britain superpower.. e.g

I think they made a mistake with the timelines.. eu3 is tooo long. Vic2 should have started earlyer.. also Vic2 lasts too long, because in 1910 it should have switched to hoi3

As some have stated before, expanding the political mechanics to include stuff such as ministers (HoI3-style).

A bit like this:

View attachment 56840

That was just a simple mock-up image I made. Just to see how it looked in Victoria 2.

EDIT: Most of the ministers I just threw together from different ww1-era German politicians (I know quite a few were only Foreign Minister, but I was being lazy and just needed characters images & names)

Very interesting stuff.

I just wish provinces and states could be renamed like in EU3 and a history of who controlled them and such like EU3. Also, more events/decisions to make provinces and states be renamed to historial versions of themselves when another country controls them like the Elsass-Lothringen one, examples maybe being Schleswig getting Danish names like Slesvig or the Maritime provinces becoming 'Acadia' and such if France or Québec were to control them. That would make me very happy. :)

Edit: I had another thought, with uncolonised provinces, perhaps a pool of names similar to the First Name and Last Name for generals so that places are renamed by whomever colonises them first. So places like Africa can be renamed after places in the UK or anglicized when colonised by the UK or Hispanified(is this even a word?)/renamed after Spanish places when Spain colonises them.

I really crave more infrastructure content. Railroads are fine but there should be more development options. I'm thinking of telegraphy. I't could be something like. 1. Optical Telegraph(apparently they were a big hit in Revolutionary France). 2. Electrical telegraph c'mon the telegraph were almost as important an development as the railroad was in the 19th century. 3. An improved electrical telegraph (reflecting the improvement made, sending message's back and fourth at the same time). 4. Wireless telegraphy. 5. Telephone cables. 6. Radio mast.

The telegraph should improve your administration efficiency, your tax collection, your troops combat efficiency and perhaps your education "efficiency" level.

There should be imposed a cap on administration efficiency so you can't achieve 100 % before you develop telegraphy network.

There could be a decision where you deploy the trans atlantic telegraph line between USA and (insert european GP) to get some prestige and other small bonuses.

I understand that it would be hard to implament, perhaps even needing a new tech branch.

further reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telegraphy#Electrical_telegraphs

Last edited:
-Allow corporations to form (with a certain technology, perhaps?). These would be able to own multiple factories depending on what industry they are (or a conglomerate) and would have generated names (last names of that ethnicity, a province name or historical corporate name). Some companies would expand vertically, others would be conglomerates where as others would just expand in their chosen industry. They'd could gain experience in certain areas (ie running a steel factory). I think something to this effect would add greatly to the game. Ooh, and let me name them too! I want to see Nippon Automobile Co. dominating the world's car production.
-Add a finance sector. Preferably not a immersion breaking setup like PDM/APD (which is still better than nothing).
-Get rid of national chosen researches, rather have corporations, RGOs, factories, and POPs contribute to spontaneous discoveries. What I mean, essentially, is to make everything an "invention".
Mmmm. I am just salivating at the possibility of steering British/Dutch/Swedish East India Company etc. in the colonies. The last one should also interest Paradox devs ;) (albeit that these happened mainly before V2 timeframe)
This could be interesting one... expanding just the way colonies & satellites/dominions operate. Which was kind of a big deal during that timeframe, apart from one great war.

More vicious AI (preferrably like a rabid dog) as an option. Some more challenge is always appreciated.

Also no more unloading troops while in naval combat. Very important (annoying) small feature.

Last edited:
THIS!
A more detailed economic would greatly increase the playability of this game. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but considering how many great business sims and other complex constructive games there are out there, adding more depth and possibilities to the economic part of the game would truly be an improvement.

The one feature I'd like to add is:
Detailed ownership of factories.
All POPs can theorethically own factories as share-holders in market economies.
POPs can own parts of or even whole factories as co-operatives. They can only own the place they themselves are employed though.
The state (the player) can own factories either as a share-holder or as completely owned state property.
Different forms of ownership, regulations on board room laws, foreign investments and so on could be regulated based on the economic policy of the ruling party (though it might be a bit draconic).

The next expansion is more likely to be "A Place In The Sun" and a possible third would be "The Great War" adding new start dates, but I think it would be nice to put the napoleonic era in victoria 2, the period is not well represented in EU3 and I think it would be much better in victoria

The game is fantastic as is. But if you ask me... I would like...

1. To see the "credit limit" of a country, so you know more or less exactly when the country goes bankrupt

2. Country specific army auto-naming (4th Army / 4. Armee / 4eme Armee / 4. Armiya etc...). Just like HOI does it.

3. A summary of wars: Casualties, money spent, ...

4. Rebels are ultra annoying, i'd prefer one or just a few strong rebel armies over 50 brigades of which half disappear within a week and the rest gets wiped out by a single unit of Dragoons.

5. To see the likelihood of your opponents allies to join the war if you DOW them (seems realistic to me)

6. Mooaar scenarios