• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

spiller68

Lt. General
43 Badges
Feb 21, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
after looking around i feel a bit sad because crusader kings and hearts of iron are both getting expansions, and victoria 2 by the look at it isant even getting a new patch. so im asking the question what would you want in a new expansion or patch?

At least a very very tiny little thing: the ability to name brigades. Even better, country (major power) specific brigade names straight from a file.

And also colonial wars, IIRC these were in Victoria 1, right now the game forces you to wage massive wars to gain a couple of provinces in Africa.

ruler names. It would be awesome if you added that. but it would be hard, very hard.
you'd have to add many kinds of governments and change according to the ideology (so if you are communist or a monarchy etc)

even more awesome would be if you added a system (along the lines of Rome) where you'd have whole governments, so teh senate etc.
for countries like greece, events where you could choose who you want to be the next King. think about the possibilities! the awesomeness! but to be realistic I think this might be too much work.

I'd take anything, really... as long as we get a new expansion!

Wouldn't mind anything that has to do with naval stuff, if I could choose.

Another big overhaul to the economy/trade/industry with better AI and localized market and real transportation.

This is just my dream, I perfectly understand why this isn't likely to ever be included in any expansion. But, who knows, maybe it will be possible to add some simplified system that can bring some balance to the economical system.

More sophisticated diplomacy and an actual balance of power system.

The ability to do something to occupied factories. If not the possibility to completely destroy them, then at least the option of putting them out of use for a couple of years.

I really want an expansion, which begins with the unification of Germany on the 18. January 1871.

This would mean that all the countries that actually took part in the "Great Game" for colonies and global dominance, all would be in existence. Vic2 would now be focused around the rivalry between the actual eight Great Powers (Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Austro-Hungary, USA and Japan) that fought for global hegemony during the New Imperialism era.

A lot less scripting would also be required as the new great powers (Germany, USA, Italy and Japan) would be ready to take on the old great powers (UK, Russia, Austria and France) from day one.

A lot less cores for minor Italian or German states in Europe, as Germany and Italy would be full nation states like France. No more South German, North German, North Italian or South Italian culture pops, there should simply be one culture per nation (ie. German pops and Italian pops). Just like the French nation has a single culture pop in the game. There is no North French, East French or South French culture pops. This would also prevent Italy and Germany from being "carved up" into smaller states following defeats.

This would leave plenty of room for more colonial nations and cores for the Great Powers to sphere and release in eventual peace deals.

1. Perhaps regional markets
2. Ruler names and traits, something like cabinets, to allow us to experience Gladstone, Lincoln and Bismarck in action.
3. Better naval system (max. cap on the size of fleets and a reward for mixing screens and capitals)
4. A differentiation between limited and total war (of course Great Wars, were a great step in the rigth direction), if I want some colony in the middle of nowhere, conflict shouldn't take place, on any large scale, in Europe, but mainly in the colonies, even if the war was between two nations that were close to each other, like France and UK.
5. A EU3 like mission system, or a system with long term national goals
6. Some more opportunities for customizing your nation (again like EU3) perhaps national ideas, or something, this could be combined with national goals, or you could do something cool with national values, like (I think) PDM did.
7. Better diplomacy system + Espionage: Defensive Alliances and all kind of secret treaties etc. Expanded diplomacy also includes more ways to handle infamy, as it is the player can hardly do anything to affect it. In one of the other treads, someone mentioned a "Crisis-system", which sounded way cool. (EDIT: It was SecretMaster who brougt it up here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?611629-Ridiculous-Alliances/page3)
8. The internal politics of foreign countries should matter more. Again AHD was a great step in the rigth direction with foreign investment. But when a country nationalizes the means of production, and I get a CB to vassalize them and win, WHY on gods green earth do the communists STAY in power. The government should either be replaced with: a) a government of my own regime type, b) a laissez-faire government, because this would be in my imperialist interest. Also, while we're at it, sattelites should be made more interesting somehow.
Also, there should be a large influence bonus, when trying to influence governments of the same ideology/regime-type. Especially proletarian dictatorsships, should have an easy time sphering each other, as it is now, I can't see why a proletarian dictatorship should "spread the revolution" except for Role-playing reasons. The only thing they achieve, is the lack of opportunity form them (and others) to invest in said country.

They are listed in ascending order of importance (nr. 8. is what I think is most important Nr. 7 second most important etc.) I hope some of this will be implemented in a future expansion, this game is awesome as it is, with the addition of some of this, it would really hit the top.

Last edited:
I'd love for them to give us more content for victoria, especially an earlier starting date.

But most of all I want them to communicate with us and tell us what the hell is going on. I don't know why companies keep doing this. As I understand there has been very little communication as far as victoria 2 goes. Why?