+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sword of Islam - Dev Diary 2

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Faber81 View Post
    So these opportunities can vary the success of the plot or if they fire it's a 100% kill? I'm not in control of my plot anymore?
    Id guess that the probability these oportunities have of succeeding depends on the actual plot power you accumulated, but Im also intrigued by how thisll work.

Edit: Just saw that Doomdark explained a bit about this issue. Sounds cool!!!

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Doomdark View Post
    Currently, yes.
    Purely from a common sense point of view I'd suggest fabricated claims should by definition be weak. The point is they're flimsy, dubious claims which have been somehow scraped together or simply forged entirely.
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

You are less in control, but you still get the choice if you want to go through with the actual murder or not, when a plotter or you yourself see an opportunity.
    I see, nice addition, it makes plots a little less predictable and more dynamics. Thanks for the quick answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleight of Hand View Post
    Purely from a common sense point of view I'd suggest fabricated claims should by definition be weak. The point is they're flimsy, dubious claims which have been somehow scraped together or simply forged entirely.
    ... Maybe make it so fabricated claims are weak, but that weak claims can be futher fabricated to become strong claims?

Crusader Kings IIMagickaSengoku

Blog Entries
    I wonder how the AI will respond to this patch? Do you think the Muslims will grow weaker or even stronger than before after this patch?

You are less in control, but you still get the choice if you want to go through with the actual murder or not, when a plotter or you yourself see an opportunity.
    Sounds like this could add quite a bit of tension. For example, if you find out someone outside your realm is plotting to kill you, you can plot to kill them back but there is then a bit of luck as to whose plot fires first.

Maybe, since theyre adding a plot to obtain claims, they could integrate both mechanics? Something like: to execute the plot you need to send your chancellor to fabricate claims at the corresponding county, and the strength of the claim depends on the plot power you accumulate?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Weak claims can only be pressed against .. [snip] and .... titles currently in a succession crisis
    Bugger! Succession crises are already the bane of my games without more jumping on the rebel band wagon.
    'Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick-insect got stuck on a sticky bun' - Capt. E. Blackadder.

He who binds to himself a joy, Does the winged life destroy;
    But he who kisses the joy as it flies, Lives in eternity's sun rise. - William Blake

The Empire needs YOU.. Come and post something nice about my AAR. The House of Habsburg. Victoria Revolutions VIPR01. Winner of the WritAAR of the Week Award 13 January 2008.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses

Excellent work Paradox, it looks amazing. Now shut up and take my money.

Also, as a question Doomdark, won't it be easy to plot to get a claim on someone?
    Last edited by SicilianSaint; 08-06-2012 at 14:58.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSengokuMount & Blade: Warband

Great job, Paradox. Making DLC an option, thus not forcing it unto consumers and whilst at it making the game playable cross-DLC is the way to go.
    Last edited by Ekstrakt; 08-06-2012 at 14:56.
    Nevermind.

If it was up to me I would also make them weak, but I understand that for balance reasons the fabriacated claims being strong will still allow for slow and steady fabrication expansion, making them weak would make it almost pointless to fabricate them. Since inheritance trough assassination is already the favorite method of expansion, to weaken claim fabrication would only worsen the situation. This new system is basically to prevent ICS (infinite claimant spawn), having a list of 30 people with claims on your titles, all waiting to be invited to someone's court and having their claims pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Loderingo View Post
    Sounds like this could add quite a bit of tension. For example, if you find out someone outside your realm is plotting to kill you, you can plot to kill them back but there is then a bit of luck as to whose plot fires first.
    This would be nice, exept you can still just push a button a couple of times and have them killed instantly. Asssassination plot reworked, awesome! Auspicious time to remove the infamous diplo-assassination?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Great stuff, however this makes the Muslim dynasties appear an hell to manage.
    The Eternal State - a DH-KR Ottoman AAR - Dropped due to health reasons

Struggle for the Mediterranean - a BOR Punic War MP AAR
    - Dropped due to AGEOD leaving Paradox

One of these days I will actually finish an AAR

"Holy Roman Empire. Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. But it doesn't have any oil so no reason for military intervention" -Voltaire.

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Will there be new culture buildings?
    INTER PERITVRA VIVIMVS.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses

Also, can we get a mod/admin to delete those messages by Atarmwwjz..

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quick Question (that i'll probably get the answer to in a few days because of steam): Will the Sword of Islam be available on Steam? It's not showing up yet... it might be because it's not released yet... but i want to make sure. thanks

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by jakeshortj View Post
    Will the Sword of Islam be available on Steam?
    Absolutely -- all of the other DLC packs are, and it's the only way Steam players could get SoI.

And I surely hope so, Mel_E. More nicknames too perhaps?
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

"""" a Sultan should have four, or he will take a monthly prestige hit """"

this is not importnat for sultan !!!

I think this is not good idea ... but everythings good ...
    Waiting for next week ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_E View Post
    I think they mentioned something about this in the thread of the DLC announcement, Ill check if I can find it.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindImpireMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by solam View Post
    """" a Sultan should have four, or he will take a monthly prestige hit """"

this is not importnat for sultan !!!

I think this is not good idea ... but everythings good ...
    Waiting for next week ...
    Note that the game should not be about what good Muslim rulers should do (according to the Koran perhaps), but what they historically did, wanted and had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_E View Post
    Yep, here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by DamianGrim View Post
    Can I ask, will you make cultural buildings for more cultures? (And, maybe, not only in the Castles, but in the Cities and Churches as well?)
    Yes, it's one of the subjects of another dev diary.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast