• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Multicast

Second Lieutenant
39 Badges
Feb 21, 2012
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sengoku
  • Rome Gold
  • March of the Eagles
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • King Arthur II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Prison Architect
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka 2
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • The Showdown Effect
[MOD] Additional Objectives mod - New plots and ambitions

QLKmU.jpg

Base version is fully compatible with ash001's Friends & Foes.
Compatible versions for CK2+, Balansegang, and the Prince and the Thane.
This mod adds 1 new plot and 15 new ambitions, some for rulers, some for courtiers, and some for both. Some have events and/or decisions tied to them. A few of these ambitions have events or decisions to help you possibly accomplish the objective.

Feedback wanted! Try it out, look at the code, let me know what you think. :)

New Objectives:
Seduce Plot
Make a Friend Ambition
Earn a Nickname Ambition
Ward Liege's Child Ambition
Mentor Liege's Child Ambition
Show Bravery in Battle Ambition
Show Bravery against Infidels Ambition
Spouse Becomes Councillor Ambition
Pursue Church Career Ambition
Reign for 20 Years Ambition
10 Years of Peace Ambition
Uncover Plot Ambition
Become Regent Ambition
See Bastard Son Legitimized Ambition
Assemble a Great Council Ambition
Reduce Dynasty's Decadence Ambition

New Events/decisions:
1 Event chain for Uncover Plots. Also a decision related to this objective, but only for the player currently.
21 nickname events. (48 nicknames possible)
1 Event chain (started through a decision) for See Bastard Son Legitimized Ambition
Make a Friend ambition events (4 event chains)
1 event for become regent, though the rest of the event chain is Paradox's.
Events tied to the Seduce Plot.
A decision to see who are your friends and rivals.
15 events for Showing Bravery.
3 decisions (with event chains) to get help from a liege who is also a friend.

Click for more details on the specifics.
Seduce Plot - Two versions of this plot, one for men and one more women.
Female character can only use this plot if:
-aged 16 to 45
-Not chaste, celibate, or homosexual
-No health traits (syphilis, maimed, etc)
-No serious negitive congenial traits (hunchback, dwarf, etc)
-Target can ONLY be liege, if male and not close relative. Target cannot be celibate either.
-Neither target or plotter can already have a lover.
Male character can use this plot if:
-aged 16 to 55
-Not chaste, celibate, or homosexual
-No health traits (syphilis, maimed, etc)
-No serious negitive congenial traits (hunchback, dwarf, etc)
-Neither target or plotter can already have a lover.
-Available targets: Liege, vassals, courtiers with claims. Several restrictions based on age, traits, and blood relation to plotter. Sucess results in pregancy, the two become lovers, and some prestige for the plotter. Failing will anger the plotter's and target's spouse (at the plotter not target).
NOTE: A human player can target any opposite sex character by using the plot button on the target's character screen, similar to kill plots.

Make a Friend - Makes use of the Friend/Rival system added on 1.05. Most of the events for friends and rivals only fire for young characters, but with this ambition, older characters can make friends too, using some new events I made. Character can't be shy to pick this ambition. +1 diplomacy on success.

Earn a Nickname - Only independent characters will acquire nicknames outside of events. There aren't many events that Paradox has which give nicknames though. So, this ambition causes events to trigger that add nicknames. Different events trigger based on traits, piety, and other factors. Some events allow you to pick the nickname you want. Most events of these types of events have 4 choices, but some options are only available if you fit a certain requirement. Require 500 prestige to pick this ambition, and character can't be humble.

Show Bravery - You will complete these ambitions when certain events trigger in battle. Can't be craven for either ambition, and can't be cynical for the infidel one. You need to complete the generic bravery one before picking the infidel one. Success gives +1 martial, and prestige or piety depending on which one.

Uncover Plot - An event can trigger were you get the option to expose a plot by a plotter in your provence. The player also gets decision where they can expose plots they are backing. Sucess results in +1 intrigue and bonus relations with the target of the plot you exposed (and relations penalty with the plotter).

See Bastard Son Legitimized Ambition - Intended to be "phase 2" of the seduce plot. Once a woman has a bastard son, she can seek to get him legitimized, if she has no legit bastard sons already. There is an event chain that can be started via a decision.

Pursue Church Career - Landless male characters not close relatives of liege only, and only catholics. Success achieved on becoming a priest (that's a bishop), either through investure or by acquiring a temple holding by some other means. Success results in learning and piety, and an opinion bonus to liege.

The other ambitions should be fairly self-explainatory. The reign and peace ambitions are for independent rulers only, and the AI currently does not use the peace ambition, since it DoWs everything in sight.

Changes to existing ambitions/events/etc (Base version only):
-Allowed "Have a Son" ambition for female Player Characters
-The restrictions of the Have a Son and Have a Daughter ambition for AI have been reduced to only needing 1 daughter as female character to pursue the Have a Son ambition and only needing 1 son as a male character to pursue the have a daughter ambition
-Other plot reveal events extended to detect Seduce plot (Events 929, 7250, and 7040)
-Increased the max prestige to start the exalted ambition from 200 to 400, and increased max piety of paragon ambition from 100 to 200.
-Tweaked the AI chance to select certain objectives, such as the council positions.

CHANGELOG:
Code:
v1.08
New Reduce Dynasty's Decadence Ambition - for Independent Muslim Rulers.
Various tweaks and fixes

v1.07
-New flavorful events for show bravery
-New liege favor decisions - ask your liege-friend for help with your current ambition
-Split the Show bravery ambition into one for Muslims and one for everyone else.
-Redone artwork for show bravery ambitions
-New decision icons
-seduce plot events MTTH now influenced by target's opinion of plotter

v1.06
Seduce plots now use events, but there is a decision to enact at 100% plot power
Increase max age of target and plotter on the two seduce plots by 5 each
There is now an opinion modifier that prevents you from targeting the same character twice in row after failing a seduce plot
Tweaked chance of Show Bravery events firing a bit.  There are more traits that influence the factor, both negatively and positively.
3 new nickname events (total of 48 nicknames)
Some minor changes to many existing nickname events to be more restrictive (prevent wierdness like muslims getting 'the confessor' nickname)
Added a decision to check who are your friends, rivals, and lover.

v1.05
Updated for 1.06b (changes to plot_events.txt)
Improved compatibilty
Replaced broken 'only_capable' with properly working 'capable_only'
Target scope for seduce expanded a bit - men can now seduce women courtiers who are heirs or pretenders

v1.04
Compatiable with 1.06
Some event, localisation, and AI factor cleanup
Seduce plot now cancels on acquisition of health traits or celibate trait
Tighter restrictions on the Uncover Plot, Make a Friend, and Ward Liege's Child ambitions
The player can now expose the new plots with the Expose Plot decision
Added some small commander perks on the Champion and Informant trait

v1.03
New ambition: Assemble a Great Council
	-Independent rulers only, need 1 councilor with 25 in corresponding stat
	-success when all councilors have 25 in the stat pertaining to their job
	-success gives +100 prestige
	-currently no events or decisions related to this ambition

3 new traits: Veteran, Champion, and Informant
	-Earned through events when a character has certain ambitions selected.  Ambitions are completed when these traits are earned.
Reworked the troop leader ambitions slightly:
	-They are now named "Show Bravery in Battle" and "Show Bravery against Infidels" and they are both a bit harder to get, as the events to accomplish them no longer trigger on the first few combat pulses.  However, these two events do have a high chance to trigger and certain traits and high martial will increase the chance.
	-Success is achieved when you get the event for the Veteran trait or Champion trait, which only trigger when a character has the corresponding objective selected.
Make A Friend: Two new event chains.
Cannot pick See Spouse become Councillor if you are you spouse's liege.
Become Regent:
	-Stricter requirements.  You need to be in your liege's court (either as a councilor or courtier).
	-New event added. It uses the existing regency event chains (dueling or attempting to sieze regency), but this one will trigger for characters with the Become Regent Objective.
Earn a Nickname: 3 new events. Total of 41 nicknames.

v1.02
Added icons
Further tweaks to AI chance

v1.01
Tons of new stuff for seduce plot:
	- Added more plot decisions for seduce plot: chaste targets are now harder to seduce, certain other conditions can make it easier.
	- Men can now seduce women.  Available targets are vassals, a liege, or a courtier with a claim.
	- As the player, you can pick any opposite sex target, within certain limitiations (age, traits, etc), by using the plot button on the target's character screen, the same way you target for the kill plot.
	- Fixed some bugs related to the plot
tweaked AI chance for many ambitions
lowered MTTH on uncover plot event
slightly stricter requirements for some nickname events

Compatibility:
[CHANGED FILES]
\common\objectives.txt
\events\plot_events.txt

[NEW FILES]
\common\event_modifiers\ao_ambition_modifiers.txt
\common\opinion_modifiers\Ao_Opinion_modifiers.txt
\common\on_actions\ao_combat_pulse.txt
\decisions\ao_ambition_decisions.txt
\decisions\ao_plot_decisions.txt
\events\ao_bastard_events.txt
\events\battle_ambition_events.txt
\events\friendcheck_event.txt
\events\friendship_ambition_events.txt
\events\job_spymaster_evt20291.txt
\events\nickname_events.txt
\events\regent_ambition_events.txt
\events\seduce_plot_events.txt
\events\uncover_plot_events.txt
\interface\objectives_ao.gfx
\interface\traits_ao.gfx
\localisation\new_ambitions.csv
\common\traits\additional_objectives_traits.txt
DOWNLOAD:

1.09 Update by Onedreamer

Attachments

• additionalObjectivesModv108.zip
    133,3 KB · Views: 927
  • additionalObjectivesModv108-balansegang.zip
    136 KB · Views: 670
  • additionalObjectivesModv108-CK2Plus126.zip
    144,6 KB · Views: 1.216
  • additionalObjectivesModv108-P&tT108.zip
    140 KB · Views: 245
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. I've been hoping that someone would create some extra ambitions so that every man and his wife don't have to plot assassinations to pass the time...

Fawr said:
Looks good. I've been hoping that someone would create some extra ambitions so that every man and his wife don't have to plot assassinations to pass the time...

That was one of my incentives for making this, and why I bothered adding ambitions that the player would never or rarely be able to use, like the church career one. I've only played ~200 years of gameplay with my mod, but I noticed a significant reduction in pointless plotting. Let me know if your experience is the same.

Zireael said:
Love the mod. If only this worked with CK2+...

Yes, if only. :p I'll put it on my to-do list.

Lundensaren said:
On the "Seduce Plot": I'm fairly sure men can seduce women as well, there are several historical examples.

Of course, but I didn't want to make something super complicated at first, so I've simplified the objective for now until I get more time to test it. If you look at my to-do list, I plan on expanding the plot to allow men to seduce women.

Updated to v1.01:
Tons of new stuff for seduce plot:
- Added more plot decisions for seduce plot: chaste targets are now harder to seduce, certain other conditions can make it easier.
- Men can now seduce women. Available targets are vassals, a liege, or a courtier with a claim.
- As the player, you can pick any opposite sex target, within certain limitiations (age, traits, etc), by using the plot button on the target's character screen, the same way you target for the kill plot.
- Fixed some bugs related to the plot
tweaked AI chance for many ambitions
lowered MTTH on uncover plot event
slightly stricter requirements for some nickname events
changed some localization text

Next up, I'll make a CK2+ compatible version.

ash001 said:
Very nice work, JGCrusader!

I'm following this closely and will give you mod a try - thinking of ways to make it compatible with the next version of Friends & Foes Mod.

Thanks. :) I don't know if there's an easy way to make your mod fully compatible with mine without either fully integrating it or making a specially compatible version though, since we both edit on_action.txt. Do you know what happens if you reference an event that doesn't exist? Does the game just ignore it? If it does, you could copy the two lines I wrote into your version of on_action.txt, but I don't know if that would break your mod since battleambition.0 and battleambition.1 don't exist without my mod.

If that doesn't work, I can make a version that is compatible with Friends and Foes like I did for CK2+.

masternr said:
That's a really good piece of work. Respect +
Cheers!

Glad you like it :)

Matthaios said:
This sounds cool. I will definitely give this a try in my next game. Would be cool if this mod would be combatible with Ad Limina Apostolorum.

I'll see if I can make a compatible version at some point.

If you don't have too much on your plate already JG, could I request a compatible mod to The Prince & The Thane? It's my favorite overhaul mod at the moment and your mod would compliment it perfectly :)

Yeah, that's no problem at all. First, I want to polish what I have a bit more before making any more compatible versions, though. I think what I'll do is change some of the flags I use for the ambitions to traits. So instead of the success condition for the battle ambitions being a character_flag (which is invisible to the user), I'll make a "veteran" trait that you earn through the event. Same for the uncover plot ambition.

I think I'll try to add a few more events and maybe another ambition or two as well.

Thanks. :) I don't know if there's an easy way to make your mod fully compatible with mine without either fully integrating it or making a specially compatible version though, since we both edit on_action.txt. Do you know what happens if you reference an event that doesn't exist? Does the game just ignore it? If it does, you could copy the two lines I wrote into your version of on_action.txt, but I don't know if that would break your mod since battleambition.0 and battleambition.1 don't exist without my mod.

If that doesn't work, I can make a version that is compatible with Friends and Foes like I did for CK2+.

That's a good question - a question I don't have an answer to yet. :rolleyes:
But I'll run a test and, for the record, I agree with you -- first, it's better to concentrate on getting your mod working the way you want it to, polished and all.
After that, no worries, I'll help you out with the integration part - just to make sure both mods make the most of each other. :)

Okay, so I've updated to a new version, with a matching CK2+ compatible version. Only 1 new ambition, "Assemble a Great Council." It will only appear when you have a councilor with 25 or higher in the skill related to his job. Success when all of your councilors are 25+. Other than that, I've added new traits to use in the place of character flags, added a number of events, and overall tweaked the balance to make everything a lot more enjoyable.

Here's the changes:
v1.03
New ambition: Assemble a Great Council
-Independent rulers only, need 1 councilor with 25 in corresponding stat
-success when all councilors have 25 in the stat pertaining to their job
-success gives +100 prestige
-currently no events or decisions related to this ambition

3 new traits: Veteran, Champion, and Informant
-Earned through events when a character has certain ambitions selected. Ambitions are completed when these traits are earned.
Uncover Plot:
-Events 20291, 2070, and 7040 now accomplish the uncover plot objective, if the character is persuing it.
-Independent characters can now choose this ambition.
-Event uncoverevents.4 now applies the correct opinion modifier
Seduce plot fixes/changes:
-Slightly more trait-restrictive (I forgot a few congenital traits, and homosexual targets)
-Player trying to seduce through the GUI can no longer seduce targets with certain traits
-When the easy target decision is available, the 50% decision is not, since easy target is a better decision.
-Lunatic and Possessed characters can now seduce their vassal's wives.
Reworked the troop leader ambitions slightly:
-They are now named "Show Bravery in Battle" and "Show Bravery against Infidels" and they are both a bit harder to get, as the events to accomplish them no longer trigger on the first few combat pulses. However, these two events do have a high chance to trigger and certain traits and high martial will increase the chance.
-Success is achieved when you get the event for the Veteran trait or Champion trait, which only trigger when a character has the corresponding objective selected.
Make A Friend:
-Two new event chains.
-Add being friends with a liege's courtier to the success conditions.
Cannot pick See Spouse become Councillor if you are you spouse's liege.
Become Regent:
-Stricter requirements. You need to be in your liege's court (either as a councilor or courtier).
-New event added. It uses the existing regency event chains (dueling or attempting to sieze regency), but this one will trigger for characters with the Become Regent Objective.
Earn a Nickname:
-3 new events. Total of 41 nicknames.
-Fixed a few localization mistakes
Continued tweaks to AI chance for ambitions.
Added AI chance for some event options.

I think I'll wait until after the next patch to do more updates or add new compatible versions, but let me know if you have suggestions or see any errors.

To make the seduce plot more useful, I would suggest making an alternate version to go along side it where target list is people outside of your own realm. Meaning that the targets would be holders of the opposite sex living in territories that immediately border your own. The result would be potential claimants being born that could easily be lured into your own dynasty so as to press those claims when they grow up. The catch is that you'd have to have an excellent (100) relationship with the target, which could be tricky if you have a history of war with that realm.

Also, I'd like to see a third person "seduce" plot that would allow you to basically steal vassals from a rival; sort of a more powerful version of the basic "invite to court" function. Only in this case, things like religious differences or council titles would no longer be an obstacle. That catch is that your first "plot backer" would have to be members of the opposite sex sent to "honey trap" your target into leaving their current liege, and thus they would become lovers & possibly end up pregnant (nothing a quick arranged marriage can't fix... assuming they aren't already married.)

And finally, a combination of the above: When seducing a married target outside you're realm, a second plot would open up to allow you to convince them to abandon their liege and join your house instead - even if it means divorcing their spouse. For a female liege, this would be the ultimate fast track to power - seduce the crown prince of a powerful neighbor, steal him out from under his wife, give birth to a couple new claimants just to be sure, and when the current king dies you've stolen his entire kingdom out from under him.

@NephilimNexus: Those are all great ideas. The first one should be easy. I'm not quite sure how to limit it to neighbors yet, but I'll look into it. As for the second one, I think that's really clever, and it's really easy to deny the ability to activate the plot unless you have certain types of backers, but I think the only hitch is you wouldn't be able to pick which opposite sex backer is used to seduce, and I think backers need to be from the target's court.

The third one sounds the best, "elope" I think is the word here. Could allow for some Rhaegar and Lyanna antics, which is awesome of course. I'll look into implementing it after the next patch.

EirikrRaudi said:
Hey Crusader! Thanks for the mod, it works great. Can I ask, is this update compatible with a save-game? We started a MP game last night with CKII+ and this mod.

Hmm, there are character flags used in the previous version that are no longer used, so there would be some weirdness at the very least. I think the only issue is that characters who completed the troop leader ambitions or uncover plot would be able to pick it again, since those flags are no longer used, and of course that would only apply to the current generation of characters. Other than that, I don't see why it shouldn't work.

EDIT: Crap. I screwed something up with the new CK2+ version. I've fixed it and renamed the new version "additionalObjectives103-CK2Plus120b" to distinguish it. If you have the original, download this new version.

Last edited:
I believe I've found a bug, but I'm not sure if it's because of this mod, or it's use with CK+; but the bug is while this page says the seduce plot will NOT work if the other has a lover, I've had a woman seduce the King of Ireland while he was married.