+ Reply to Thread

Thread: History in mod?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries

History in mod?

Is it possible to get the played country's history shown in the end page after a game (whether dead, final, or resigned) on a mod? If yes, how to enable that?
    AURORA UNIVERSALIS, my total overhaul mod for EU4: starting in the beginning of the first millennium BC and covering the following 1500 years, including four bookmarks with Egyptian pharaohs, Assyrians, the Diadochi, Romans, and barbarians.
    399AD, my total overhaul mod for EU3: fight as the Late Roman Empire or as barbarian tribes in the turbulent century preceding the fall of Rome.
    EIS TÊN GASTERA ENALLONOMENOS, my simple supply line mod for EU4: establish, secure, maintain, and defend supply lines in enemy territory to provide troops with provisions, or risk becoming out of supply, suffering manpower losses due to increased attrition. Avoid getting "kicked in the stomach"!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Blog Entries
    No one really knows anything about this, or is my question just too basic or stupid? (I don't mind asking stupid questions so feel free to tell me )

Does any mod present the history of the played country at the end page? And if so, how does it do it?

Or do all mods do that, only not mine?

Or is it not possible for mods, only for vanilla?

Really interested in hearing more about this.
    AURORA UNIVERSALIS, my total overhaul mod for EU4: starting in the beginning of the first millennium BC and covering the following 1500 years, including four bookmarks with Egyptian pharaohs, Assyrians, the Diadochi, Romans, and barbarians.
    399AD, my total overhaul mod for EU3: fight as the Late Roman Empire or as barbarian tribes in the turbulent century preceding the fall of Rome.
    EIS TÊN GASTERA ENALLONOMENOS, my simple supply line mod for EU4: establish, secure, maintain, and defend supply lines in enemy territory to provide troops with provisions, or risk becoming out of supply, suffering manpower losses due to increased attrition. Avoid getting "kicked in the stomach"!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    It seems it works in some mods, but it doesn't in others... don't know why, sorry
    CAMPEONES LIGA ESPAÑOLA 2014
    Mi blog... de todo un poco

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pirro View Post
    It seems it works in some mods, but it doesn't in others... don't know why, sorry
    For which mods does the history work?

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    EUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by AKronblad View Post
    I believe I have seen it (at least sometimes) with OOT, if I understand exactly what you're referring to.
    EUIII: DW Mods
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

EUIV: AoW Mods
    [MOD] Occultus Orbis Terrestre for euIV - Idea only. The current OOT team is awesome.
    A TOP SECRET PROJECT - TO BE RELEASED SOON

"A language is a dialect with an army and navy" - Max Weinreich - Meyer Lazarevich Veynreykh - "אַ שפּראַך איז אַ דיאַלעקט מיט אַן אַרמיי און פֿלאָט"

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    In MEIOU I think it works
    CAMPEONES LIGA ESPAÑOLA 2014
    Mi blog... de todo un poco

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2
    500k club

Could this be caused by the modified start and end dates?
    Formerly GM of Caliphate on the Edge
    Formerly GM of The Twilight of Antiquity
    Faisal, King of Arab Syria, rightful sovereign of Antakya and al-Iskandarun in WiR 1920 Mk. II

Kingdom of Bosnia in EURPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTaxman View Post
    I believe I have seen it (at least sometimes) with OOT, if I understand exactly what you're referring to.
    What I'm looking for is the After-Game page in which the history of the played country is shown. I believe it is divided up into the different regents.

Do you have any clue why it sometimes work in OOT, and sometimes doesn't? (Does OOT have the vanilla time period by the way?)

Blog Entries
    The MEIOU guys are really active.!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...6#post13948846

Got a lot of response from there. So it works in MEIOU, which has an amended time period too (though not as extreme as mine... )

It is most likely something else that causes this problem: some setting some where?

Does it really work for all other mods but mine? Has no other modder experienced this problem? And hopefully solved it?

How about other mods with alternative time periods?

Captain
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The MEIOU guys are really active.!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...6#post13948846

Got a lot of response from there. So it works in MEIOU, which has an amended time period too (though not as extreme as mine... )

It is most likely something else that causes this problem: some setting some where?

Does it really work for all other mods but mine? Has no other modder experienced this problem? And hopefully solved it?

How about other mods with alternative time periods?
    I have not seen it working in mods that use alternative timeline; timeline outside the one in Vanilla.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro View Post
    I have not seen it working in mods that use alternative timeline; timeline outside the one in Vanilla.
    But as far as I could understand MEIOU has start and end dates outside of vanilla's. At least that is what they wrote there.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

But as far as I could understand MEIOU has start and end dates outside of vanilla's. At least that is what they wrote there.
    Maybe he means timelines that do not include the vanilla period, e.g. 476-1100 or something like that. Not sure why that would make a difference though.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Maybe he means timelines that do not include the vanilla period, e.g. 476-1100 or something like that. Not sure why that would make a difference though.
    Many thanks, jdrou. Have you looked into this consideration of obtaining history for a mod before, and what otherwise could cause a problem?

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Not something I've really looked at. I don't usually pay attention to the end page but I don't think I've seen any problems when running my personal mod. It's mostly relatively minor stuff though; no map or graphics changes and the start date is same as vanilla.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Not something I've really looked at. I don't usually pay attention to the end page but I don't think I've seen any problems when running my personal mod. It's mostly relatively minor stuff though; no map or graphics changes and the start date is same as vanilla.
    Ok, many thanks for feedback. Will continue my quest for history.

+ Reply to Thread