• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rancher

Lt. General
25 Badges
Apr 2, 2010
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV
Due to lack of time I have now completed the first tutorial in the single player section and have started the second several times. I have flown my helicopter to that rusty tanker about 3 times now and the crew tell me that if they have to go again there will be a mutiny Either what havent I read properly or how do you get through the training without going through every scenario a hundred times:confused:

The first tutorial should end when you get within visual distance (roughly) from the tanker. When you continue the campaign from this first tutorial, you should move on to tutorial two (sub hunt) and then three (air operations), before the "real" missions start. I am not sure I fully understand the problem. You can always go to the main menu, select continue campaign, and select the next available mission.

Sorry My explanation was poor I have completed 1. and have gone on to 2. due to lack of time I did not complete 2. and when I returned to the game it seemed that I had to plug through 1. again to do 2.. And so on.
Also I cannot access the page that allows me to register the game and have access to the tech forums. When I go to "my games" all I get is aseries of pics of my already purchased and registered games

Last edited:
When you have completed one mission, you should have the next one listed and selected as default when you select"continue campaign". It would really surprise me if this doesn't work correctly for everybody. Also, when you have completed tutorial 1, and then select "next mission" in the victory screen, you should automatically go to the next mission.

Note that all missions, including tutorials, can also be played as single games. Then they will not give achievements or count towards campaign completion. Only when you play tutorials 1-3 as part of the campaign will you advance through it (there are also 3 extra tutorials outside the campaign).

As for My Games, you should see a "Manage games" section near the top where you can select the game from a dropdown menu and enter your code (this is displayed in Steam).

Thanks all, I think these problems now reconciled

I've got a problem with another mission. On Arctic Cod Conflict, you're prevented from firing on the enemy until they shoot at you first right (at least that's how I remember from the demo)? When I play it now though, I'm not able to attack even after they've opened fire. I try again, thinking maybe I need to let them actually kill one of my units...so I send my P-8 east to become Flanker-bait, but that didn't work either. I simply couldn't retaliate, even when Russian AAMs were flying in all directions towards my F-35's.

I have noticed an occasional delay between incoming missiles and the GUI noticing you are allowed to engage. If you set your units to automatically engage cleared targets (settings), they should always fire automatically at aircraft at the optimal range.