E3 2012: A Game of Dwarves Bedtime Story Trailer released!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Regina

Lt. General
5 Badges
Jan 29, 2008
www.paradoxdevelopmentstudio.com
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
New Trailer and Screenshots Spreads Light in the Dark Dungeon Depths. Can you dig it?

Paradox Interactive and Zeal Game Studio have learned a great deal about recording footage while underground, and has used those skills to publish a brand new E3 trailer and a series of screenshots of A Game of Dwarves.Overcoming the obstacles of subterranean lighting, dirt-caked lenses, and trying to buy new film in a treasure-based economy, they have provided the world with some early looks at dwarves in motion. Now, players everywhere can see just what they’re up against in the upcoming dwarf-management title, keeping tabs on a growing population of drunken miners.

"A Game of Dwarves Bedtime Story Trailer" features gameplay, dwarves, and over the top accents, telling the magnificent story of the rise and fall of the expansive (though not particularly tall) Dwarven empire, alluding to their glorious return to power and giving us a glimpse of the dark side of the Dwarven universe.

To view the brand new E3 trailer "A Game of Dwarves Bedtime Story Trailer” click here:
[video=youtube;ZtLgmfYmNng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLgmfYmNng&hd=1[/video]

About A Game of Dwarves
You are never safe, fool! Utilizing a combination of strategy and management, A Game of Dwarves generates a unique world each time a new level starts. Enter a dwarven settlement to dig, build, and conduct research. With a careful hand, players will need to level up their poor and weak dwarflings to near immortal warriors, or master craftsmen, and make them gather rare resources deep in the earth. Defend your dwarves from terrible beasts living in the depths of the world and make sure to adapt your strategy and tactic because underground, no one knows what to expect. Tread carefully though, the deeper you dig the more dangerous foes you might unleash…

Main Features:
Explore – The randomly generated maps will always keep the content fresh and increase the sense of exploration when digging through the earth.
Build – The things that the player can build in-game are not only practical, but their designs are varied and pretty too! This allows the player to build the objects they personally think look great, while still gaining progress. Home is where the art is.
Command – With the order system the player can easily control oodles of dwarves simultaneously without the need for extensive micro management.

Read more
Facebook: www.facebook.com/AGameofDwarves
Twitter: http://twitter.com/AGameofDwarves
Forum: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com

GENRE: Simulator, Strategy, Management Game
RELEASE DATE: Q3 2012

AGameofDwarves_E3-1.jpgAGameofDwarves_E3-10.jpgAGameofDwarves_E3-9.jpgAGameofDwarves_E3-8.jpgAGameofDwarves_E3-7.jpgAGameofDwarves_E3-6.jpgAGameofDwarves_E3-5.jpgAGameofDwarves_E3-4.jpgAGameofDwarves_E3-3.jpgAGameofDwarves_E3-2.jpgAGameofDwarves_E3-11.jpg

That was a highly creative idea for the video. I didn't learn anything new but I did enjoy watching it. The new screenshots were more interesting in that they show the game itself :)

That was a highly creative idea for the video. I didn't learn anything new but I did enjoy watching it. The new screenshots were more interesting in that they show the game itself :)
Yeah, they show off some of the more dwarfy looking stonework available, most of what I've seen so far has looked more like scrabbling around in the mud (fair enough for the start of the game, but not something you'd want to last if you were a dwarf).

Yeah, they show off some of the more dwarfy looking stonework available, most of what I've seen so far has looked more like scrabbling around in the mud (fair enough for the start of the game, but not something you'd want to last if you were a dwarf).

Precisely this! It's good to see how the game evolves and that it's something you can not only feel, but SEE! Also, that dwarf fighting a mole(beast), lol great one, makes for a great target to train your dwarfs on. ;)

Great Video guys! Really gets me in the mood to make a Mighty Dwarven Empire!

I was just now looking at the screen prints above (again for about the 100th time).
The graphics looks real good. . . . . . Maybe too good.

I’m honestly starting to get concerned about that (I know I mentioned this someplace else in forum as well) but with seeing even better graphics now than before; I need to ask (or strongly suggest if there isn’t). . . . .

Will there be some lovely little check boxes to turn off some of these graphics so that lower end graphics cards can run the game without being too sluggish?