• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(502245)

Recruit
1 Badges
Jun 6, 2012
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
Hi to all fans of this great game that is to me a perfect mix between 2 of my favorite all-time games : Master of Magic and Civilization. Too addictive is it's main drawback :p

My concern is that i still can't find the manual, so i was very surprised to lose a game unexpectedly yesterday. The Master Mage won, with no victory accomplishment described.
I suppose that he achieved something like studying all the spells or completing a special "final building", but i would like to be sure in order to counter act in another game.

So, if someone can give me the 4 ways to win, i will be very grateful (for the moment, the total annihilation of all AI players is my only way to win, that can lead to endless games...)

Long live the Queen (or King, if any :p )

EDIT : sorry i just found the wiki, maybe the link will be helpfull :

http://warlockmota.wikia.com/wiki/Victory_Conditions

Last edited:
  1. Conquest
  2. Capturing 50% +1 of all the holy sites found in all worlds
  3. Defeating the avatar of a deity once you've ticked them off enough (the opposite of the one that you've been supporting)
  4. Casting the Unity spell (available after all other spells have been researched)

I've only ever won by conquest. If I have the powerful units needed to go into the other worlds and survive, I already have everything I need to defeat every other mage. That means I never capture enough holy sites to pledge myself to one deity to the point that it's opposite comes calling, while also not enough to fulfill the 50% +1 requirement. And my games never seem to get far enough for my opponents to research Unity. If a game goes longer than 150 or 175 turns, it's because I'm needlessly stretching it out.

I think what happened to you is an enemy mage researched Unity and cast it successfully. I think it takes 20 turns or something to complete (never actually saw it) so you can block it with a global dispel.

I know there are multiple victory conditions that can be fulfilled, but really, only conquest matters. It can be achieved far easier than the others and takes the least amount of time. If you're in a position to win in some other way, victory by conquest is likely a foregone conclusion anyway. It's one the main weaknesses I find with the game. Trying to win in some other way is basically just arbitrarily increasing the level of difficulty and the time it takes to finish. Nothing wrong with that either. I'll probably be doing it myself soon. And if there were Steam achievements available for each of the different victory conditions, I would have tried them already. :)

Thanks for all those comments.

Now starting Impossible level...well i will conquer the world with my rats (that wipe out so brightly versus Great Fire Elies)

I wish for new victory conditions to be added, being motivated by Steam achievements as well :p

I think what happened to you is an enemy mage researched Unity and cast it successfully. I think it takes 20 turns or something to complete (never actually saw it) so you can block it with a global dispel.

To be more precise, the one-turn spell which very easily blocks the Unity spell is named "Counterspell".

You must have researched "Counterspell", of course, especially because the A.I. players do not cast it to block the Unity spell of another A.I. -- in my experience, I have never seen it done by them. Consequently, the human player might have sole the responsibility to "counterspell" it in order to avoid a defeat.

Last edited: