• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The fact that you have to use a mod for it not to be completely useless is very disappointing. It essentially cost me nothing since I had some spare blue coins, but otherwise I would never have bought it.

It's a good thing that's not a fact then.

It's a good thing that's not a fact then.

Are we really doing this? Obviously it's not 100% completely useless. If you're going to be pedantic, nothing is ever completely useless. But fact of the matter is, it's far from the worth the cost, even such a low one. Being the customer, I believe I'm entitled to judge the usefulness of something, thanks.

At first I was disappointed by the apparent limitations too. But I spent more time experimenting with it, and it's pretty easy to overcome the age costs by combining traits--If you create a complicated enough character, you can be 16 and have double-digit strengths. I'm glad they did it this way--otherwise it would just be abused like some kind of cheat.

At first I was disappointed by the apparent limitations too. But I spent more time experimenting with it, and it's pretty easy to overcome the age costs by combining traits--If you create a complicated enough character, you can be 16 and have double-digit strengths. I'm glad they did it this way--otherwise it would just be abused like some kind of cheat.

You know I think that if people want to cheat then can just do so. If you are worried on the MP then give them the ability do disable it.

Why even bother buying it when you can edit anyone you want in the vannila game with a little know how? Yes, it is complicated at first, but a few edits down the line and its easy...

I love the DLC my self. (I love uniting Italy with the Massimo dynasty!) I just wish I could alter characters I wasn't playing in a game.

It's a great RP immersion tool. If I do plan on uniting Italy, I might start off in Capua with a Massimo bastard heir who lead a popular over throw of the Norman Lord f the city (as happened historically a little before the game starts)

I think it's a neat DLC, but I agree it should have a bit more use beyond creation... you can create your first character, and that's about it. Maybe if we could use it to tweak maybe our first born, or one person... I dunno. Or maybe tweak multiple characters at a time, so you can custom build your surroundings.

It was completely what I expected, they said what it was going to do. They never said you could just edit things from the character. So I'm not not disappointed, and in Multiplayer is quiet fun to have.

Can't say I'm having problems with it. It's not perfect and the age penalty is a little harsh sometimes, but it does what I expected it too. Paradox just needs to tweak it a little and add a few extra 'looks' and it'll be fine.

I mostly bought it because I wanted to try some making some super characters with random cultures, but the age restriction killed that.

To be honest, it's because of the age restriction that I liked it; if not for that, the DLC would be no more than a paid cheat. This way, it's much more interesting - and balanced - to create your dinasty.

I'm not really a fan of a large chunk of single-player games starting from fictitious characters, while on the other hand I wouldn't mind the ability to 'correct' or adjust some representations I don't agree with, e.g. which family should be regarded as the count-equivalent or duke-equivalent or king in some complicated land where the rule was contested, or if I believe the character should have different stats. Then I can 'fix it' for my own game and there's no need to mod it or anything like that. Besides, it's optional, so...

And I've bought the DLC but never used it.

Excommunicated is a good one because it makes you twenty years younger and you can get rid of the trait before you unpause the game.

That sounds like a bargain - but whenever I start a game, I don't have the 50 piety required to lift excommunication. As far as I can tell, Earls start with 10, Dukes with 15 and Kings with 20. How are you starting with enough piety to make use of such an option before even starting play?