• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
yes, but its cristal clear that such a system is sequel material and not expansion material. better stick to "realistic" suggestions :sleep:

In my opinion it could be done quite easily as follows:
1) You as player build the brigade as usual, but what you build is only weapons, trucks, etc.
2) Once build the brigade you have the ability to put it in a pool (training pool) and then it is slowly formed (soldiers are trained). After some time (6 months? 1 year?) you can deploy the brigade.
3) If you don’t put the brigade in the training pool you have only weapons that you can ship/delivery to any country you like. Who gets the weapons can train the brigade.

This will mimic very well some divisions equipped with foreign material and has the potential to better control military production. For example for some countries it will become impossible to produce capital ships just because they have researched the required tech. Still nowadays many countries cannot produce tanks, airplanes or even "small arms".

1) You as player build the brigade as usual, but what you build is only weapons, trucks, etc.
2) Once build the brigade you have the ability to put it in a pool (training pool) and then it is slowly formed (soldiers are trained). After some time (6 months? 1 year?) you can deploy the brigade.
3) If you don’t put the brigade in the training pool you have only weapons that you can ship/delivery to any country you like. Who gets the weapons can train the brigade.

This will mimic very well some divisions equipped with foreign material and has the potential to better control military production. For example for some countries it will become impossible to produce capital ships just because they have researched the required tech. Still nowadays many countries cannot produce tanks, airplanes or even "small arms".

I like that ideas, I and others also proposed that change in the way of how units are build.

For a more simplified solution you might like too, read on here:
Ideas about adding MP/Equipment seperation
I like that! :)
That is also going right in that direction I proposed in the "new-suggestion-Trained-manpower-being-converted-from-Untrained-manpower"-thread.
As I also fits well in the way of seperating units MP from units equipment and solve the reserve/IC/reinforce-problem to a great extend.
My suggestion:
Part of the unit file:
#Size Definitions
max_strength = 30 -> Is the overall strength of the unit, in total men, numbers of planes or a percentage number for ships so far.
max_equipment_strength = 25 -> Is the overall equipment of the unit, in total men equipment like rifles, numbers of planes/tanks or a percentage number for ships.
default_organisation = 20 -> This is the normal amount with all ranks filled
default_morale = 0.20 -> This is the normal amount with all ranks filled

#Building Costs
build_cost_ic = 1.5
build_cost_manpower = 2.90

build_cost_equipment_ic = 1.5
build_time_equipment = 120 -> Normal basic production time

nco = 100
officers = 10
build_time = 365 -> Normal basic training time

I would very much like to have even more differnt equipment modeled in the units like you described.
So having 3-4 different Models("equipment slots" wich can have different costs and stats) for up to "4 Battalions"/"4 air-wings"/"ships" would be nice. At the moment I just try to have that with an workaround in my mod.
But I think at the same time that we'll already be very happy if they put in even that 3 new values I propose above.

I would very much like to have even more differnt equipment modeled in the units like you described.
So having 3-4 different Models("equipment slots" wich can have different costs and stats) for up to "4 Battalions"/"4 air-wings"/"ships" would be nice. At the moment I just try to have that with an workaround in my mod.
But I think at the same time that we'll already be very happy if they put in even that 3 new values I propose above.

For only building the equipment that could be then a trigger like the current "build-reserves" in the lua.
Then we would only need to be able to check for equipment only units for the trade lua. :)

Cheers,
Chromos

naming of divisions by country's in stead of generic also asked for the ability to mob colours of counters with a secoundary colour per country so when you change something graphically it won't change all nations.

Wow I'm having a bad day!

Last edited:

Include the production of air units and you have me won over. US built aircraft with RAF/RAAF/RNZAF/RCAF crews...

Include the production of air units and you have me won over. US built aircraft with RAF/RAAF/RNZAF/RCAF crews...
Of course a unit could be land (division) or sea (ship) or air (squadron). The split of manpower from manifuturing should work for all type of units and could account as well for WWI where USA industrial mobilization was a failure and USA divisions were equipped with French weapons.

Keep HQs and their units in radio range! please!

Also (for the Allies) the AI nations in your faction do plan
for an invasion by gathering troops and ships for such and it
does plot a province(s) to invade so why not a popup/pause
with (if your the US say). UK will invade _Calais_ and have
a Yes/No(delay) choice with the delay chosen by the human
player of up to 100 days (example). This will keep the AI
from throwing armies away in suicide invasions and will help
at least coordinate invasions as you can prepare. Would be
for all the Allies in your faction.

add:
lower ASW for carrier CAG and make NAV the ASW aircraft (CVs
are not subhunters!). Rework the subwarfare so that uboats are
more dangerous to the UK and US both to convoy and surface ships.

Last edited:
It would be nice to design Aircrafts and Tanks like Ships: Choose What lvl of components you want to put on it. And the AI could use this method too. For example in late war when Germany is loosing while developed long range aircrafts they need short range ones to cover their troops aka Light Fighters and Bombers (INT and CAS ingame)

It would be nice to design Aircrafts and Tanks like Ships: Choose What lvl of components you want to put on it. And the AI could use this method too. For example in late war when Germany is loosing while developed long range aircrafts they need short range ones to cover their troops aka Light Fighters and Bombers (INT and CAS ingame)
I also dont know why we have three different views for the units productions. There must be someone having fun coding the gui!!
It shouldn't be that hard to have the naval view also for the other two as the code is already there?
(Didn't mention the vertical scroll bar this time.. ups.. And of course I know that it was reported that the gui is somehow a "pita" to code.. Do it anyway! Please!)

The choosing option would be new code, but still nice. So we could havef.e. BB's with 9x40 or 8x38 been built by circumstances in the game world and not only dictated by the max tech lvl.
Same to building still Sherman Tanks while Research would allow for better ones..

Cheers,
Chromos

but once build the units would start upgrading.

If the tech allows it which is a simple line:
can_upgrade = no

That upgrading should/would need a look into then too. :)
As it would be new code anyway, why not also this feature..
Best introduced with seperation of equipment and MP..

Cheers,
Chromos

Great news! I'm looking forward to play this expansion especially for the 'battle plans' part!
Only missing thing for me is a way to offer provinces under my control to another country (I know it can be done with save file editing / cheats but having to interrupt multiplayer and editing save files is not fun.)
It would be so great if the developers considered this (maybe only as an option or some special multiplayer 'cheat'), in my opinion it would make the game much more fun!

That upgrading should/would need a look into then too. :)
As it would be new code anyway, why not also this feature..
Best introduced with seperation of equipment and MP..

Cheers,
Chromos

Sounds good