Paradox Helps You Relive “Their Finest Hour” Later This Year. Victory at all costs. Yes, it is true. It’s time to dust off the field marshal's baton and take command of any nation in World War II; the largest conflict in history.
Because one of Paradox Interactives and Paradox Development Studios' most expansive games will get even bigger this fall. Hearts of Iron III, the deepest and most expansive simulation of World War 2-era politics, science and warfare, will see a new expansion that offers players a greater connection to the period's history and new ways to jump straight into the action.
“Their Finest Hour” is the third expansion for Hearts of Iron III, and comes three years after the original game's release – further evidence of Paradox's commitment to building and growing their games well after the launch period, adding features and ideas requested by their active and involved international online community.
You can expect the expansion Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour to land with a bang later in 2012.
Announced features for Hearts of iron III: Their Finest Hour include:
- Expanded espionage system with new and reworked missions, including new covert operations that can be performed on the map.
- New 'battle plans' mode where you can load historical plans, or draw your own and share with your allies in real-time in multiplayer games.
- New unique elite units for each major nation's army - Gurkhas, Rangers, Imperial Guards etc.
- Deeper naval invasions system including the development of specialized landing and assault crafts to improve the effectiveness of your assault.
- More detailed control over strategic warfare and a generalized lend-lease system to support your distant allies with your industrial might.
- Leaders are now able to gain traits, and assigning them to duty is more important than ever with the new combat tactics system for battles.
- A new custom game mode for both single and multiplayer. You start with a clean slate and can instantly produce units, research technologies and affect political alignment before the game begins. This allows you to model interesting 'what-if' scenarios and speeds up the early years for those who would like to jump straight into the action with no slow build-up.
- Two new detailed battle scenarios, the Russo-Finnish Winter War and the Spanish Civil War
About Paradox Development Studio - Strategy is our game
Paradox Development Studio has been a leading developer of globally renowned, PC-focused strategy games since 1995. Today the Stockholm-based studio is the center of a vast community of fans and modders both, with a reach that spans the entire globe and a strong presence in the United States and Europe.
One of the first developers to coin the term "Grand Strategy", Paradox Development Studio is the creative force behind successful franchices Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Victoria, Crusader Kings, Svea Rike & Sengoku. Continuing to re-invent and advance each of these, as well as create all-new titles, is just one way the studio keeps it's 400,000+ member community coming back for more.
Just as important is the studio's passion for rich strategy, shared only by their fans, and their legacy of providing games so deep and challenging that each offers hundreds of hours of gameplay.
Join us on our Forum: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ParadoxDevelopmentStudio
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/PDX_Dev_Studio
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global publisher of PC-based strategy games. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established PC franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron and Magicka.
2012 will be Paradox Interactive’s most ambitious line-up of titles to date with such anticipated releases as War of the Roses, Starvoid, A Game of Dwarves and Dungeonland. It is also expanding its presence in the free-to-play arena with upcoming games such as Salem: The Crafting MMO.
For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com and follow www.facebook.com/ParadoxInteractive and www.twitter.com/pdxinteractive
E3 2012 Screenshots for Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour