+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2012: New Expansion for Hearts of Iron III Announced!

Colonel Paradox Dev Team Regina's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

E3 2012: New Expansion for Hearts of Iron III Announced!

Paradox Helps You Relive “Their Finest Hour” Later This Year. Victory at all costs. Yes, it is true. It’s time to dust off the field marshal's baton and take command of any nation in World War II; the largest conflict in history.
    Because one of Paradox Interactives and Paradox Development Studios' most expansive games will get even bigger this fall. Hearts of Iron III, the deepest and most expansive simulation of World War 2-era politics, science and warfare, will see a new expansion that offers players a greater connection to the period's history and new ways to jump straight into the action.

“Their Finest Hour” is the third expansion for Hearts of Iron III, and comes three years after the original game's release – further evidence of Paradox's commitment to building and growing their games well after the launch period, adding features and ideas requested by their active and involved international online community.

You can expect the expansion Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour to land with a bang later in 2012.

Announced features for Hearts of iron III: Their Finest Hour include:

- Expanded espionage system with new and reworked missions, including new covert operations that can be performed on the map.

- New 'battle plans' mode where you can load historical plans, or draw your own and share with your allies in real-time in multiplayer games.

- New unique elite units for each major nation's army - Gurkhas, Rangers, Imperial Guards etc.

- Deeper naval invasions system including the development of specialized landing and assault crafts to improve the effectiveness of your assault.

- More detailed control over strategic warfare and a generalized lend-lease system to support your distant allies with your industrial might.

- Leaders are now able to gain traits, and assigning them to duty is more important than ever with the new combat tactics system for battles.

- A new custom game mode for both single and multiplayer. You start with a clean slate and can instantly produce units, research technologies and affect political alignment before the game begins. This allows you to model interesting 'what-if' scenarios and speeds up the early years for those who would like to jump straight into the action with no slow build-up.

- Two new detailed battle scenarios, the Russo-Finnish Winter War and the Spanish Civil War

Read more
    Forum: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...arts-of-Iron-3
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/Heartsofiron
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/HeartsOfIron3

About Paradox Development Studio - Strategy is our game
    Paradox Development Studio has been a leading developer of globally renowned, PC-focused strategy games since 1995. Today the Stockholm-based studio is the center of a vast community of fans and modders both, with a reach that spans the entire globe and a strong presence in the United States and Europe.
    One of the first developers to coin the term "Grand Strategy", Paradox Development Studio is the creative force behind successful franchices Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Victoria, Crusader Kings, Svea Rike & Sengoku. Continuing to re-invent and advance each of these, as well as create all-new titles, is just one way the studio keeps it's 400,000+ member community coming back for more.
    Just as important is the studio's passion for rich strategy, shared only by their fans, and their legacy of providing games so deep and challenging that each offers hundreds of hours of gameplay.
    Join us on our Forum: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com
    Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ParadoxDevelopmentStudio
    Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/PDX_Dev_Studio

About Paradox Interactive
    Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global publisher of PC-based strategy games. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established PC franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron and Magicka.
    2012 will be Paradox Interactive’s most ambitious line-up of titles to date with such anticipated releases as War of the Roses, Starvoid, A Game of Dwarves and Dungeonland. It is also expanding its presence in the free-to-play arena with upcoming games such as Salem: The Crafting MMO.
    For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com and follow www.facebook.com/ParadoxInteractive and www.twitter.com/pdxinteractive

E3 2012 Screenshots for Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
    Click image for larger version

Name:	HeartsofIron3_TheirfinestHour_Screen1.jpg
Views:	11688
Size:	868.1 KB
ID:	55594Click image for larger version

Name:	HeartsofIron3_TheirfinestHour_Screen2.jpg
Views:	10555
Size:	491.6 KB
ID:	55595Click image for larger version

Name:	HeartsofIron3_TheirfinestHour_Screen3.jpg
Views:	15441
Size:	686.9 KB
ID:	55596Click image for larger version

Name:	HeartsofIron3_TheirfinestHour_Screen4.jpg
Views:	10494
Size:	773.5 KB
ID:	55597Click image for larger version

Name:	HeartsofIron3_TheirfinestHour_Screen5.jpg
Views:	14324
Size:	561.3 KB
ID:	55598Click image for larger version

Name:	HeartsofIron3_TheirfinestHour_Screen6.jpg
Views:	10439
Size:	686.6 KB
ID:	55599Click image for larger version

Name:	HeartsofIron3_TheirfinestHour_Screen7.jpg
Views:	10004
Size:	692.2 KB
ID:	55600Click image for larger version

Name:	HeartsofIron3_TheirFinestHour_Screen8.jpg
Views:	9551
Size:	295.2 KB
ID:	55601Click image for larger version

Name:	HeartsofIron3_TheirFinestHour_Screen9.jpg
Views:	9957
Size:	634.5 KB
ID:	55602
    Paradox Development Studio - Strategy is Our Game
    Do you want to show your support for us at PDS - the developers behind EU, CK, Hoi, Vicky & Runemaster?
    Feel free to "Like" us at Facebook: www.facebook.com/ParadoxDevelopmentStudio

excellent!

edit: two errors in one word... i appear to be overwhelmed...
    Last edited by comsubpac; 06-06-2012 at 17:26.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    MagickaSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2

What comsubpac said! Fantastic!
    A "man" using Apple Maps walks into a bar...or maybe a hotel. Or possibly a church....

Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4
    i7 3820@3.6 GHz
    32GB DDR3 1866Mhz
    2 x GeForce GTX680
    and
    '94 Audi RS2 (309 out of 2891)
    a damn Saab

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

My wallet is ready...

On one hand I'm pretty excited, on the other hand I'm afraid, the game might run worse than now...

So will it bring more/better multithreading?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

New perks for espionage. Neat.

But how exactly the elite units thing will work? Won´t revive what was already discussed in the threads, but I´m a bit skeptical on that one. What will they have? Better morale and ORG? Better stats? More chance for combat events? And above all how many can be recruited?

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Good. Very good, in fact. But what do those highlights have to do with "Their Finest Hour"?

Clarification: I'm very pleased by the news, just a little bemused by the title!
    "Nature always obeys her own laws"
    - Leonardo da Vinci

But we can expect new patches for For the Motherland, until and after new expansion release?
    Or FtM become obsolete after 3.06 public patch?
    Simple English User

Awesome!

Oberkommando HOI4 Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Beagá View Post
    But how exactly the elite units thing will work? Won´t revive what was already discussed in the threads, but I´m a bit skeptical on that one. What will they have? Better morale and ORG? Better stats? More chance for combat events? And above all how many can be recruited?
    each nations unit is different. they are limited in number by a percentage of your other army, so you cant just replace your entire infantry with Gurkhas. for actual stats you have to wait for a future dev diary.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanik View Post
    But we can expect new patches for For the Motherland, until and after new expansion release?
    Or FtM become obsolete after 3.06 public patch?
    3.06 will be the last one for FTM unless it has some big problem (which I dont think, we are being careful and doing several public beta versions first)
    Reject reason to make the impossible possible!

HoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi

- Deeper naval invasions system including the development of specialized landing and assault crafts to improve the effectiveness of your assault.
    YES! Finally!
    My spambot broke, now I have to write everything myself.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Workers of the world, igni-* err... unite!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

<3 Awesome Can't wait for it. Will there be any beta testing or something on this one later?
    There's foxes in the hen house,' cows out in the corn. The unions have been busted, their proud red banners torn'

General
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper Fi

Great news
    Are you going to alter the way resistance cells work to make them actually useful?
    Blue Max Alternate History Mod for Hearts of Iron 3

Shut up and take my money already!!!!!
    Sorry, I don't have time to talk about our AI atm, but I was not aware of there being an AI in Empire Total War.- Johan

Damn, was hoping for an extension of the end date, but the new stuff does sound pretty good. Looking forward to the dev diaries.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDiplomacy
    Europa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

New 'battle plans' mode where you can load historical plans, or draw your own and share with your allies in real-time in multiplayer games
    So only in MP? No improvements to coordinated actions with AI allies?

Otherwise sounds fantastic, really looking forward to it!
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea - Robert A. Heinlein.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

very nice, just hope that the Navy system gets overhaul same time the invasion gets pimped. Any word on that?

that would really make my day.

great game made better all the time loving it
    <iframe src="http://www.gamersgate.com/ggtag/2061" width="225" height="198" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" title="GG Tag"></iframe>

Good stuff. Hopefully, the AI will be able to use the new features.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

new combat tactics system for battles
    You're mean. Teasers, teasers everywhere.

Strategic warfare and covert operations look great additions for making the game deeper. Italy's screenshot is really amazing btw. Not talking about the battle plans mode

When are preorders enabled?
    Why do you sound surprised? I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America - Liz Lemon

Quote Originally Posted by ve3609 View Post
    Shut up and take my money already!!!!!

Count me in

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/shut-up-and-take-my-money
    Midnight Sun: Denmark AAR 1936 - In progress

Aut Vincer Aut Mori

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast