Magna Mundi the Game wird evtl. nicht herauskommen!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chromos

AHOI-Mod Series Developer
17 Badges
Feb 10, 2005
ahoimod.wordpress.com
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
Hallo!
Ich habe das gerade "getwittert", aber da mein "AHOI-Mod gezwitscher" nicht so bekannt ist, hier auf die gute alte Methode.. :)

Magna Mundi the Game wird evtl. nicht herauskommen!
Hi guys!

We are delivering now what is the gold master - I suppose I get it right this time! – for Paradox to decide what to make of it.
Let me thank all of you for these amazing 5 years of agreements, disagreements, taunts, jokes, pranks, affinities, antagonisms, sympathies, tensions and all the other emotions that permeated our posts and that, one by one, served to bring Magna Mundi to the community and to empower each one of you with a word about its future.

If we were living in a perfect world and out of gratitude to the community, I knew what I would do with this game that opened many doors to some of us and brought us all to the next experience level. Some minutes ago I asked Paradox exactly about that.
Of course, the good news is that we don’t live in a perfect world, we are humans and our stories more often than not are the roll call of mistakes we committed. In real life, he who commits fewer mistakes wins.

With my fair share of mistakes, let me assure you I won already at all levels. This was the best time of my life and I owe it to all of you!

So... enjoy the final developer interview and of course, keep a foul tomato or a rotten egg at the ready to throw at the face of yours truly!

[video=youtube;mADu-SvYiMs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mADu-SvYiMs[/video]

Hi all,

I wanted to give you an update on the current state of project Magna Mundi. Unfortunately its fate is looking grim. The latest Release Candidate was not at all where it needs to be, far from it.

We failed the latest Release Candidate due to numerous crashes, and will deliver a more extensive list of bugs to the dev team this week.

This latest submission follows a string of Release Candidates who were also failed, and the sad fact is we see just as many crashes, bugs and imbalances as we did 6 months ago, some of them brand new and some of them old and well known. This is not a good sign and a terrible sad one as well as it indicates that the development of the game is not happening in a controlled manner. The game was announced in Jan 2010 and the target was a 2011 release. We have reached a point where we no longer can see an end to this, at least not honestly.

We will see what power the developers can muster to remedy the many holes in the game, but given the recent history of development hopes are not high. It cannot go on like this, and we are at a point where time, money and patience is long gone. Only hard and sad choices remain. Choices we will not make lightly but need to make. We will keep you posted.

Mattias Lilja
Executive Producer of Magna Mundi

Grüße,
Chromos

Schade. Aber warum bitte versiehst Du so ein post mit einem "positiven" Smiley?? Das ist doch eine traurige Nachricht.

Das mache ich grundsätzlich. Eine Angewohnheit. Hat nichts mit der schwierigen Situation zu tun.
Ich denke es wird schon noch rauskommen, auch wenn es gerade nicht "so rund" läuft..

Grüße,
Chromos

Hm, das Spiel wurde offiziell abgesetzt.
Ich bin ehrlich gesagt nicht ueberrascht, die letzten Monate seit Januar haben doch gezeigt, dass da einiges schiefgelaufen ist in der Entwicklung und dem Kontakt zwischen Paradox und Universo Virtual.

Ich spekuliere jetzt einfach mal drauflos:
Meiner Meinung nach war das Spiel eh nie wirklich dazu gedacht, Gewinn zu machen. Eher eine Art Test wie weit die Ideen und Philosophie der doch sehr populaeren Mod von anderen Spielern angenommen werden. Download Zahlen sind da doch eher ein schlechter Indikator, ich habe EU III und die meisten Erweiterungen sicher 6, 7 mal runtergeladen und neu installieren muessen.

Nach ueber 15 Monaten Verspaetung und der (wahrscheinlichen) baldigen Ankuendigung von EU IV waere dieser Test jetzt eher sinnlos. Wenn EU IV angekuendigt wird sind die grundlegenden Mechanismen und Spielelemente wahrscheinlich schon so gut wie fertig, zumindest im Prinzip. MMTG haette da wertvollen Input liefern koennen, aber das kommt jetzt alles zu spaet.
Wenn MM jetzt in halbwegs guten Stand waere, haette PI das Projekt wahrscheinlich nicht gestoppt sondern irgendwie durchgezogen, um wenigstens die finanziellen Verluste zu minimieren. Aber das scheint ja, auch nach Aussagen einiger Entwickler und Beta-Tester, eher nicht der Fall zu sein.

Schade, ich fand einige der Ideen recht gut, andere weniger. Ein bisschen weniger Sandkasten taete EU III (oder IV) ganz gut, Kolonialismus und Entdeckungen waren lange ein eher schwacher Punkt.

Magna Mundi endet vor Gericht?

Wie es ausschaut bereitet sich UV auf einen Rechtstreit mit Paradox vor um "Magna Mundi the Game" doch noch herauszubringen!

Deutsche Übersetzung der UV-Meldung von Ubik etc. im AHOI-Mod Blog.

Grüße!
Chromos

Last edited:
Ist doch recht unterhaltsam, die Geschichte. Habe mir gerade wieder einige Seiten des Threads mit der oeffentlichen Bekanntgabe gegoennt. Ist natuerlich viel Spekulation dabei, aber wenn man ein paar andere Threads dazunimmt, kommt da schon einiges zusammen.

Ich denke ehrlich gesagt nicht, dass Universo Virtual / Ubik viel Erfolg mit einer gerichtlichen Auseinandersetzung haben werden, aber natuerlich ist es sein gutes Recht, das zu versuchen. Naja, ich halte die Augen offen fuer die naechsten Verlautbarungen.