+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for mod with vic2 map

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Looking for mod with vic2 map

Hi!

Do someone know is exists a mods for EU3 with the map from Victoria 2?
    I saw the Steppe Wolf mod, but with the map it changes too much of gameplay.
    Maybe there is something more?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

There is this http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-map-based-EU3

Unfortunately there is no link anymore.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodio View Post
    Unfortunately there is no link anymore.
    Oh. I see... That is a dark side way... ;(

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You could always just take Steppe Wolf and remove the parts you don't like.
    EUIII: DW Mods
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

"A language is a dialect with an army and navy" - Max Weinreich - Meyer Lazarevich Veynreykh - "אַ שפּראַך איז אַ דיאַלעקט מיט אַן אַרמיי און פֿלאָט"

Quote Originally Posted by MrTaxman View Post
    You could always just take Steppe Wolf and remove the parts you don't like.
    So everything but the map itself?
    Darkest Hour Helpful Links:
    How to modify the Darkest Hour Technology Tree:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-the-tech-tree.
    A collection of Blank Graphic files for Darkest Hour.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?645555-Resource-Blank-Gfx-files

EU4 Mod Links:
    Cheat Mod:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post17580322

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

You would need to leave the province history (or they'd be totally empty), and probably do some reassigning to new tags (I haven't played Steppe Wolf, so I am saying how I would go about trying to use that map)
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

"A language is a dialect with an army and navy" - Max Weinreich - Meyer Lazarevich Veynreykh - "אַ שפּראַך איז אַ דיאַלעקט מיט אַן אַרמיי און פֿלאָט"

Steppe Wolf have got around 2000 years of history in it's provinces. I am currently making it playable for vanilla though.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?645555-Resource-Blank-Gfx-files

EU4 Mod Links:
    Cheat Mod:

Quote Originally Posted by Supeerme View Post
    Steppe Wolf have got around 2000 years of history in it's provinces.
    Impressive. Seriously impressive.

I am currently making it playable for vanilla though.
    From one player to another - thanks!
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The problem is that EU3 is not optimized enough to basically let you play a game with V2 map.

The problem is that if you add so many provinces, it pretty much screams for more tags, because having so many more provinces divided among vanilla number of tags, makes the game pretty dull (not to mention that it breaks the economy and tech to some extent). To adjust for changes compared to Vanilla, if you want to cover the whole world, it takes so much new content that you will end up with game thats not playable, due to SEVERE slow down.

Naturally, its possible that im wrong, and you could end up with the greatest mod ever, i certainly wish you best of luck.
    Там тебе привольней, песня
    Ты туда и улетай!

One of the advantages of the V2 map is that North America isn't horrible. The "projection" is just a caricature of North America. I was working on a mod focusing on North America but the very first thing that I had to do was to try to adapt the V2 map from steppewolf. That took too much work so I gave up.

I began working on converting Vicky2s map to EU3, keeping the same number of provinces as EU3. It's a long process, lots of time in gimp. I figure if the map projection is converted, then people who want more provinces can start a MPM mod based on it.

I did start this...
    but I figured it'd be more effort to balance the new provinces tax/mp/trade_goods than to just merge them into EU3-eqsue provinces.

is where i got with the re-drawing. positions editing and province shape was the bit that got me.
    Last edited by Shadowkano; 08-06-2012 at 11:46.

Did you get the coastlines, terrain and watercolormap (or whatever its called) right?

Cuz thats the hard part, i can do the positions of the whole world in pretty much 1 or 2 days of work.
    Ты туда и улетай!

Initially I did have problems with the coastline being pixelated in inland seas.

I borrowed Dangvang's V2 Map Fertilizer for the watercolourmap.

I dont have access to the file at this moment (using another pc as im moving) but, come monday I'll upload some SS. Thought my 'bucket account had some but they appear to be awol.

Edit: I'm gonna redraw the map, the African trade posts seem to big compared to reality. That in itself doesn't take too long, liberal use of the scenario editor lets me correctly place EU3 provinces with their Vicky2 counterparts. Once I have Moscow in Moscow etc, I can fill in the others to make a basemap.

A working Terrain.bmp, ingame SS: havent modified the provinces, so its a holy mess in that aspect:

The Meds inland sea, no fuzzy borders. Terrain.bmp successfully indexed to EU3's.

Last edited by Shadowkano; 08-06-2012 at 14:52.

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Did you get the coastlines, terrain and watercolormap (or whatever its called) right?

Cuz thats the hard part, i can do the positions of the whole world in pretty much 1 or 2 days of work.
    I can have a map knocked out by Wednesday, work constraints and my own pc being in storage, if you fancy doing the positions, we could knock out a map mod in no time. Revisions will be easier once the bones are laid down right.

please don't make it stand alone, that what killed the other V2 map mods.

EU4 Mod Links:
    Cheat Mod:

I have my own diabolical plans.
    Ты туда и улетай!

DAO Lite is the Vicky projection (albeit centred around the med) with EU3's base number of provinces. That hasn't killed any other mods off

Ive gotten this far in about 10 minutes, hardest bit is the constant alt-tabbing. I'm trying to redraw borders so they dont look too jagged. this isn't a problem in V2 itself, since land is transferred as a whole region (which are generally well "rounded" with some exception)

Sea zones are gonna be the annoying part, I plan to leave those last.

Edit: On closer inspection, most sea zones have the same definition as EU3's, so ill only have to merge non-defined seas into their defined neighbours.
    Last edited by Shadowkano; 08-06-2012 at 16:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowkano View Post
    DAO Lite is the Vicky projection (albeit centred around the med) with EU3's base number of provinces. That hasn't killed any other mods off
    I meant trying to make it it's own game, Steppe Wolf was one of them until paradox forced the mod creators to change it. Nice to see you tackle this anyway.

EU4 Mod Links:
    Cheat Mod:

I meant trying to make it it's own game, Steppe Wolf was one of them until paradox forced the mod creators to change it. Nice to see you tackle this anyway.
    Well, since the provinces are different, and the terrain probably needs adjusted later on, plus DanubianCossack's dastardly schemes, I'd say it should be ok.

I dont wanna make a stand alone 1.) because i dont have the necessary programming background and 2.) because this is illegal as everything related to EU3 - including engine - is owned by Paradox.

Creating a stand alone game without access to engine is pretty much impossible, at best you could create a VERY complicated mod, but no matter how great and complex, it would always be a simulation of a stand alone game, deep down it would still be EU3. And then there is the fact that the amount of work needed for something like this is probably measured in years, which is not economic having in mind that you would never get a cent for it.

On the other hand, if Paradox was interested in licensing its engine, it would be a whole different issue, but since they are not, nothing we can do about that.
    Ты туда и улетай!

+ Reply to Thread