• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Party: Mercators
((My charachter seems worthless, but soon you will be surprised :rolleyes:))

I seem to have missed what the Optimates stand for, would someone please illuminate me...

((I'll give him until tomorrow to post it before I vote then...))

((I'll give him until tomorrow to post it before I vote then...))
Here is the one he sent to me, but I wanted him to have a chance to post one with pictures and formatting so that things were on an even playing field.

Maxwell500 said:
Faction Name
The Optimates

Slider changes
3 notches to centralization
1 notch to aristocracy
1 notch to free men
Maintain current
Maintain current
1 notch to defensive
2 notches to naval
1 notch to quality
1 notch to isolationism
Maintain current

Ideas and Goals
The Optimates believe in a balanced society with a few more rights to the aristocracy, freemen with none serving another, a good defensive stance with a navy to help it, with isolation to help rebuild. They also believe that the state needs to be more centralized and to focus more on quality. They also believe that the state should not impose religion while people must still be respectful; they also believe the current stances on how trade and thought should be are acceptable.
The goals of the Optimates are to massively build up the navy while encourage trade with friendly neighbors. They also believe that a large army should be made to defend the realm and wipe out its enemies. The main aim of course is stability and progress.

(really on the fence here, usually would vote for the mercators, but there are some policies my character doesn't agree and he is not adverse to the populares)

(really on the fence here, usually would vote for the mercators, but there are some policies my character doesn't agree and he is not adverse to the populares)
Skantus Voralius, why rush to vote if you don't know for whom to vote? We have some time yet to cast our ballots, might as well see which way the debate goes, no? After all, we are both followers of Chaos - might as well keep people guessing!

((so if you vote for the Populares does that mean you guys want to be added to the official party roster? Or are any of you still independents?))

(Indeed, I was quite surprised when I appeared in the Mercators roster without saying anything, I usually prefer to keep myself as an independent/wildcard in the start and then drift towards a party as the game goes along)

I vote Populares

Last edited:
Current standing:
Populares: 5
Mercators: 4
Optimates: 1

If voting ended today, Populares would have 50% of the vote giving them 14 points to spend on their leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.