((I hope someone from the Mercators takes the reins of the party soon. I can debate but I deliberately built this character so I couldn't do anything substantive for an election cycle or two. Who is actually left in the party that is currently active?))
Senator Moruterrar, I hope you do not mind if I cast the same critical eye over your policies as I did with the Liberals.
- If you were given a chance to alter our national policies during your tenure which of your party's positions would you enforce?
- You argue that centralisation will avoid a regression back to a feudal system and you blame decentralisation for the control previously exercised by aristocrats and petty monarchs. Would not centralisation make it easier for an oligarch of any kind, be they an aristocrat, a plutocrat, a general, or even an elected Imperatar, to seize control of Atlantis? Is this kind of consolidation appropriate given the rumours of what Tauronian, the man who founded your party, planned to do after the Pacification of the West?
- In general my constituents and I have to agree with your stance on military matters. How many regiments will be stationed in the new lands to help keep the barbarian tribes in order and protect the well-being of Azlanti settlers? Will government funds be used to build garrisons and upgrade strategic forts?
- You make reference to keeping the Great Northern Pact intact. The Liberals have argued for excluding Borxison from the alliance because they have hereditary rule rather than a true legislature and the common Atlantean seems to favour convincing the Imperatar of Borxison to peacefully transition his nation to democracy. What will be your policy towards our northern neighbour?
I look forward to your responses.
- Senator Alamander Urenahin, representing Ordika province.