• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One could cut the tension with a Norran sickle. Graetius slowly looks around the forum, at the consternated faces, the darting eyes, the concealed smiles...

Oh Vulpis my dear friend, the Imperator has simply had one to many to drink, I doubt he is even talking about you, isn't that right Graetius?

For a split second Graetius looks like he is about to strangle Illyrio. It takes a moment for the Imperator's blazing eyes to glaze with understanding.

But of course my cunning spider! I was merely jesting, a jape for the one of the most cunning soldiers in Azlanxo! Men! Bring this esteemed gentlemen a drink!

Two servants scamper into the forum and thrust a large bronze goblet into Senator Aureolis's hands

In fact, empty the cellars! You Senators work so hard... you deserve a break, no? The Imperator should never have to drink alone!

Graetius waves his hand and servants immediately materialize from the shadows. They distribute libations to the members of the Senate. All are too afraid to refuse the offer. Graetius's looks around again, a vivacious joviality... except for his eyes... cold eyes that burn with a mad frenzy and betray Graetius's otherwise amiable visage. Graetius snatches two wineskins from a passing servant and presses one to Illyrio.

Come drink with me, my dear friend! All of you drink! Your Imperator commands it! The blood of Ozur commands it!

Graetius quickly upends his wineskin, spilling a fair amount of it on his white and purple robes. Noticing for the first time the presence of armed guards, no doubt carryovers from Graetius's "disbanded" mercenary company, on the edge of the forum, many senators look down and sip the cheap wine from simple copper goblets. Finishing his wineskin, Graetius addresses the troubled Senate...

In eight years, you all won't recognize Atlantis! I will take this once great city and raise it so that no man and no God can tear down what I have built! The continent shall soon bow before my army! Vulpis and I leave for the western front in the morning! I shall depart as your revered leader but I shall return as a legendary hero! At last, the Atlantean dragon spreads its wings and takes flight!

With a mighty laugh (some would later call it a roar) , Graetius stumbles out of the Forum and, accompanied by his armed guards, heads back to the Imperator's palace, no doubt hoping partake in more acts of gluttony and debauchery before the night was through. The Senators can only stare at each other speechless... was this really the same man they elected to be the first Imperator of Aztlanxo?

((I officially love this AAR now))

Thank you, my Imperator! A toast to our new leader! May this campaign he will soon undertake bring greater glory, not only to his person, but to all of Atlantis!

Vulpis eyed the drink carefully, then the other Senators downing theirs, before taking a quick sip from the bronze goblet... he carefully scanned the room, eying the guards that had been watching over the entire ordeal. His own personal retinue was waiting outside, by his horse; here in this strange, new world, this realm of intrigue and betrayal, Vulpis found himself alone, surrounded by potential rivals and allies... he loved it...

((And thus, the drunken orgy that would the Imperatorship of Graetius began in earnest))

... was this really the same man they elected to be the first Imperator of Aztlanxo?
Thank you, my Imperator! A toast to our new leader! May this campaign he will soon undertake bring greater glory, not only to his person, but to all of Atlantis!

Vulpis eyed the drink carefully, then the other Senators downing theirs, before taking a quick sip from the bronze goblet... he carefully scanned the room, eying the guards that had been watching over the entire ordeal. His own personal retinue was waiting outside, by his horse; here in this strange, new world, this realm of intrigue and betrayal, Vulpis found himself alone, surrounded by potential rivals and allies... he loved it...

((And thus, the drunken orgy that would the Imperatorship of Graetius began in earnest))

Solangus sits quietly, holding the wine in his mouth whilst waiting for the roaring of Graetius to fade away. Making sure that he is out of earshot.

Once he is sure, he spits the wine out of his mouth

"Bleh! Norran wine." he says

Solangus turns to his servant and hands him 3 gold coins

"Boy, go buy a barrel of the cheapest Eurpan wine you can find, surely it will be better than this."
The servant bows and runs off, eager to get out of the Senate. Solangus turns back to his comrades, he looks around, first to his fellow Mercators, he takes time to look at their faces. Some appear to be filled with dread, others can barely hold back smiling. He then looks toward the Populares, many of them showing varying expressions of disbelief.

Solangus rises, the anger on his face growing ever clearer as he does so.

"Gentlemen of the Populares" he says, each word dripping with contempt "I applaud your choice in Primicerius, surely that man will only bring great things to our nation." Solangus scoffs "Now if you excuse me gentlemen. I must drink, I rarely do so but quite frankly, having seen that unfold in front of me I need one now more than ever."

Solangus bows and leaves the senate.

((I officially love this AAR now))

((Hear! Hear!)

Last edited:
"Boy, go buy a barrel of the cheapest Eurpan wine you can find, surely it will be better than this."

Supporting our repressive eastern neighbour are we? Shame on you. What is wrong with the fine wines and beers produced with out own borders?

Auron observes the drink for a few moments, before drinking it.

"I thank you for drink Graetius." Auron offers a smile, before his gaze turns to Solangus, who he notices spitting out the drink offered.

Before Auron can say a word, Solangus has left.

"Well, seems we're having an eventful day in the Senate." Auron smirked.

Last edited:
Name: Solavichi Othollo

Culture: Azlanti

Patron Deity: The Paladin

Solavichi is a regional lord and warrior of western Azlanti. For more than 240 years the Othollo family have defended the Western border against Urollan raids and nomadic settlement. Solavichi's own father was killed in a such a raid, and his eldest child died only two years ago in a revenge action.
Known as "The Lion of the West" Solavichi until recently took no interest in the political games of his capital. Yet, with Urollan raids increasing in vigour ,size and ferocity he desperately needs the support of the Azlantian Army to prevent the Western provinces being over-run.

((Here is the extent of Atlantis' grasp as of now:))

EU3_1.jpg

Vulpis, punctual as ever, makes his way into the still largely empty Senate Chamber (most Senators were probably sleeping off their hangovers... the Imperator almost certainly was...); he scans the room, and, with a slightly louder than usual voice, says...

Is our tribune of war ((Mr. Capiatlist)) here yet? I want to know the full state of our armies! Before our great leader goes off to war, or before I take command of any force myself, I would like to know that we actually have the capacity to wage a successful war!

*The Previous Night*
Solangus rises, the anger on his face growing ever clearer as he does so.

"Gentlemen of the Populares" he says, each word dripping with contempt "I applaud your choice in Primicerius, surely that man will only bring great things to our nation." Solangus scoffs "Now if you excuse me gentlemen. I must drink, I rarely do so but quite frankly, having seen that unfold in front of me I need one now more than ever."

Solangus bows and leaves the senate.
Illriyo's eyes narrow to cat like slits and he thinks to himself*
"Indeed he will, I will need to keep an eye on you Mr. Solanums

Present time

So when will the tribune((Mr. Capitalist)) release the names of the "Great Men" chosen for this administration. The suspense is killing me"
Illriyo says drolly as he takes his seat.

((I believe it is for the Imperatar to release things like what he is planning to do, who he's appointed, and what we are facing. I just play the game. That way he can lie, scheme and control what you know.))

((Also I am at work.))

The tribune? I had the impression that it was the Imperator who appointed his advisors? Well, please correct me if I'm wrong

((No, that's right. I called Capiatlist a tribune (because I don't know an Atlantean equivalent) because I wanted to remain in character and ask about the state of the army and navy))

Vulpis glances over at the Illriyo with a look that could be described as benign or indifferent, perhaps tinged with annoyance

The tribune will do so when he is good and ready... besides, has the Imperator finished deciding his posts for his term? I assume you would know, being a confidant of his...

The tribune? I had the impression that it was the Imperator who appointed his advisors? Well, please correct me if I'm wrong
He does but I was under the impression that the tribute released the names after being given to them by the imperatar.
((I thought it was like my last AAR Shadow of the Andes where the game runner releases the names of the "cabinet" my bad.))

((No, that's right. I called Capiatlist a tribune (because I don't know an Atlantean equivalent) because I wanted to remain in character and ask about the state of the army and navy))

Vulpis glances over at the Illriyo with a look that could be described as benign or indifferent, perhaps tinged with annoyance

The tribune will do so when he is good and ready... besides, has the Imperator finished deciding his posts for his term? I assume you would know, being a confidant of his...
*Illriyo shrugs*
"The Imperatar is his own man, it is not for me to question him on such things, I merely assumed he had chosen by now".

Status
Not open for further replies.