• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
((I hope someone from the Mercators takes the reins of the party soon. I can debate but I deliberately built this character so I couldn't do anything substantive for an election cycle or two. Who is actually left in the party that is currently active?))

Senator Moruterrar, I hope you do not mind if I cast the same critical eye over your policies as I did with the Liberals.

- If you were given a chance to alter our national policies during your tenure which of your party's positions would you enforce?
- You argue that centralisation will avoid a regression back to a feudal system and you blame decentralisation for the control previously exercised by aristocrats and petty monarchs. Would not centralisation make it easier for an oligarch of any kind, be they an aristocrat, a plutocrat, a general, or even an elected Imperatar, to seize control of Atlantis? Is this kind of consolidation appropriate given the rumours of what Tauronian, the man who founded your party, planned to do after the Pacification of the West?
- In general my constituents and I have to agree with your stance on military matters. How many regiments will be stationed in the new lands to help keep the barbarian tribes in order and protect the well-being of Azlanti settlers? Will government funds be used to build garrisons and upgrade strategic forts?
- You make reference to keeping the Great Northern Pact intact. The Liberals have argued for excluding Borxison from the alliance because they have hereditary rule rather than a true legislature and the common Atlantean seems to favour convincing the Imperatar of Borxison to peacefully transition his nation to democracy. What will be your policy towards our northern neighbour?

I look forward to your responses.
- Senator Alamander Urenahin, representing Ordika province.

Last edited:
I also have a small query for the leader of the Populares. ((It is in reference to this post))

Senator Moruterrar, you say that, "We [the Populares] are confident that our existing navy can manage any assault on our coasts and we still wholeheartedly defend the merchants of Aztlanxo with our warships if ever pirates should threaten their trading enterprises." However, we have no such fleet. We have no warships with which to defend our merchants. Seven cogs does not amount to a fleet that could manage any assault on our coasts, let alone a serviceable navy that could stand even the slightest resistance. Could you please reconcile your party's stance with reality?

I, too, am eager to hear your response,
Marcellus Smigt

Last edited:
((I don't think the Mercators have anyone eligible for the election who is still playing the AAR.))

((Can't Pavo Trasharingatonason run?))

Senator Moruterrar, you say that, "We [the Populares] are confident that our existing navy can manage any assault on our coasts and we still wholeheartedly defend the merchants of Aztlanxo with our warships if ever pirates should threaten their trading enterprises." However, we have no such fleet. We have no warships with which to defend our merchants. Seven cogs does not amount to a fleet that could manage any assault on our coasts, let alone a serviceable navy that could stand even the slightest resistance. Could you please reconcile your party's stance with reality?
(( I believe that is quoted word for word from Graetius' platform. Just checked. Indeed, from page 5: "We are confident that our existing navy can manage any assault on our coasts and we still wholeheartedly defend the merchants of Aztlanxo with our warships if ever pirates should threaten their trading enterprises." So while I agree with your arguments, I think it is unfair to challenge LeeroyJenkins on this point because when cavebear wrote this we had every reason to believe that Atlantis DID have a war fleet (we were +3 naval and coastal nations always start with some kind of navy), and I think LJ can be forgiving for the copy paste because of the need to make a quick platform. If he changes that before Monday I think we should let it slide as an OOC slip up rather than a point on which to challenge the party ))

((It's fine by me to let that one go, so long as it is clarified before Monday. If it's left unchanged, I will stick the knife in, but seeing as it is probably just an honest mistake, I don't think we should unfairly capitalise on it...))

((It's fine by me to let that one go, so long as it is clarified before Monday. If it's left unchanged, I will stick the knife in, but seeing as it is probably just an honest mistake, I don't think we should unfairly capitalise on it...))
(( Agreed. And I will join you with that knife :) ))

((I will address any problems addressed with the platform tonight or tomorrow morning. However I think there is something we need to address. We have recently experienced a massive shake-up in players I think it would be beneficial to the game if we started making a list of the players, their characters, and their party or lack there of. I'll start
LeeroyJenkins, Ilriyo Moruterrar, Populare.

((I will address any problems addressed with the platform tonight or tomorrow morning. However I think there is something we need to address. We have recently experienced a massive shake-up in players I think it would be beneficial to the game if we started making a list of the players, their characters, and their party or lack there of. I'll start
LeeroyJenkins, Ilriyo Moruterrar, Populare.
I back this but I am going to make it efficient: I'll do a little census during the vote. ;)

((Dropping out of the RP, sorry for my inactivity and such, just don't have the time and motivation I had in SoTA. Thanks for having me though))

Varus Elzaran
Culture: Azlanti
Patron: Pantheistic

The newest Senator from Aranxo, Varus Elzaran is the third son of a small aristocratic family and has recently returned from the wars of subjugation in the West, where he served as a captain of infantry. His time in the army against the nomadic hordes was successful if not of high distinction or heroic valor; instead, he utilized basic if functional tactics and managed to bring most of his men back alive. Once demobilized, they served as a crucial support base during his Senatorial election and he remains popular with former soldiers. Though his family's clout was instrumental in securing his captaincy in the army, they have since distanced themselves from him and his anti-oligarchic views.

Political Leanings: Somewhat hawkish, expansionist, pro-republican.

((Is this all right?))

((perfect))

Welcome, Senator Elzaran; I look forward to working with you over the coming years.

I too would like to welcome Senator Elzaran. It makes me glad that I am no longer the newest member of the Senate.
I hear that you fought in the West. Did you by any chance fight in Ordika province against the Herasi hordes?

Okay, only two parties are up for the vote this time, voting will be from Monday through Thursday. The only parties you can vote for are the Populares and Unio Libertatis.

To vote you must cast a ballot like this:
Vote: Party
Player Name
Player Party Affiliation (if any)

You can include any role playing or in-character stuff as well in your post, but the ballot is so that I can extract information quickly and easily from your post when counting votes. Good luck to everyone.

Vote: Unio Libertatis
Name: Marcellus Smigt
Affiliation: Unio Libertatis

----

I, Marcellus Smigt, am standing on behalf of Unio Libertatis. Here is a reminder of the 5 key points I am standing for:

I will declare war on corruption
I will promote the freedom of trade
I will invest in our navy
I will promote a muscular foreign policy
I will uphold the rights of man

Vote Unio Liberatatis and help bring liberty, justice and freedom to Atlantis and her people

Thank you, Senators, for your kind welcomes. I too look forward to working together for the betterment of Azlanxo and Atlantis.

As I have discussed privately with Senator Smigt, I will be joining the Senate as a Liberator. I believe that our great republic is best served by guaranteeing that it has vibrant democratic traditions to govern it, a strong military to defend it, and citizens with wide-ranging personal freedoms to uphold it. Azlanxo is at its best when it is strong, republican, and free, and I will cast every vote on behalf of my constituents with that aim in mind.

Regarding your question, Senator Urenahin, my infantry regiment did not push into Herasi territory. We fought during the initial invasion of Osson, then served as part of the colonial garrison during the post-conflict settlement. Though garrison duty is not particularly glorious or exciting, it was necessary to ensure our settlers' security from native retribution.

---

Name: Varus Elzaran

Wonderful! Welcome Varus, both to the Senate and to Unio Libertatis!

Name:Vulpis Aurelois

A courier enters the Senate, handing a letter to the speaker, who opens it, and reads out the contents to the rest of the Senate.

Vote: Populares
Name:Auron Desimodius
Affiliation: Populares

"The people entrusted us with a term, of which we were in charge for only half of, due to the saddening occurrence of my dear friend Graetius' death. I beseech the people to entrust the Populares to finish the next four years and formally bring our term to an end. The four years we were in tenure were successful, as we defeated the Urollan tribes harassing our western borders and established the Northern Pact with our neighbours to the North. With the Populares, we promise another four years of grand success, our trade will continue to be good, especially with our allies, and our nation will prosper."
-Auron Desimodius

((Just to end it))

Pavo Krispin walks slowly down an alley, when he hears a small child crying, he turns and spots a little girl huddled in a corner sobbing. He approaches her cautiously, but in an instant she springs with a blade and stabs him repeatedly. He collapses...dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.