• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
((We have a bit of a problem, starting tomorrow Cave will be off for two-months))

((Not sure. With cave headed off at the head of the army and that damn CTD back, maybe as his own character.))
((Since he is leaving for such a long period of time killing off the character would be simple given the war, if he gave his consent to let him be killed off. Then have the second in command succeed him since he s second in the party.))

((Since he is leaving for such a long period of time killing off the character would be simple given the war, if he gave his consent to let him be killed off. Then have the second in command succeed him since he s second in the party.))
((He has suggested it, but he said he would rather not. Maybe maim him a bit? ;) ))

((He has suggested it, but he said he would rather not. Maybe maim him a bit? ;) ))
(( It's not that I want his character to die but since he will be gone for two months in game time will have passed so much Graetius would probably have died of old age and it seems strange to allow such a great character to just quietly sit in the background and do nothing.))

In light of recent suggestions, I have amended the proposal to exclude married Urollan males from conscription.

- Caesennia Caprica

((I'd say we should maim him, and, if he's not like 127 he could make a miraculous recovery possibly. Or, Auron could simply act in his name, or then have Graetius bow out gracefully in eight years))

After hearing the strong sentiments of support from the other Senators, and seeing that Caprica agreed with his amendment, Vulpis rises from his seat...

It's good to see so many of my comrades in thorough agreement on this very complicated and important matter, and even better to see this proposal improved and likely to get voted on in the coming days; as our troops begin to muster and head towards the Urollan lands, I will take my leave knowing that the nation I proudly serve is led by such strong and wise leaders!

(( I guess its up to Cave to decide, though I think from an in-universe perspective death just makes the most sense. Let Graetius die in a blaze of glory rather than simpering out.))

(( Exactly which is once again why I see no problem with Graetius dieting.))

(( I was thinking of making an IC proposal to limit terms for Imperators - no consecutive terms and no more than 2/3 terms in a lifetime. Felt it was in line with the egalitarian ethos sweeping this congress. I'm super busy this week so I won't have time to make or defend the proposal IC, but if people like the idea maybe someone else can pick it up. I like the idea generally, and on the short term it would solve the cave problem because he could disappear for the campaign then wouldn't be able to run for the next election, and hopefully by the 3rd election he'll be back to run. ))

((It's a tough break though :glare: ))
(( It is and it sucks, but from an in-game stand-point it's what I think makes sense. Once again it's not my descision it's Cave's or if he doesn't make it I imagine Mr. Capitalist.))

"I would like to bring an issue to the Senate over how long an Imperator should be able to be in office for. Currently, there is no restriction, and as such, an Imperator could manipulate those that may be political allies, or may get monetary gains from continuing to support an Imperator re-running indefinitely. It would be in the interests of the Senate to consider that the Number of times somebody can be an Imperator is limited, and thus an abuse of power can not come into fruition."-Auron Desimodius

Azlanxo Constitution for the Terms of Imperator
(1) An Imperator may be ousted out of office by a vote of No Confidence where at least 66% of the Senate declares No Confidence
(a) The reasons for calling a Vote of No Confidence have to be justified, and can not just be used as a political weapon due to the current Imperator being not to your likings, or being a political enemy.
(ii) A vote of No Confidence can not be called until the Imperator has served for at least 2 years, to prevent misuse of the No Confidence Vote.
(iii) No more than 2 Votes of No Confidence can be declared during a term.
(iv) If a Vote of No Confidence is denied(66% is not attained), then another vote can not be declared until another 2 years have passed where the Imperator
has served.
(b) The Imperator is not allowed to participate in the Vote of No Confidence as it is a vote by the members of the Senate to decide whether the Imperator can remain in office, and the Imperator would thus be biased in such a vote.
(2)An individual may not be Imperator for more than 3 terms
(a) If an individual is ousted out of office after more than 50%(4 years) of the term has been served, it shall still be regarded as a term having been served.
(b) If less than 50% of the term has been served, and an Imperator is ousted out of office, then it shall not be regarded as a term having been served, and as such they are still able to serve three terms.
(c) An Imperator can not serve for more than two consecutive terms.

((Seems I wasn't the only one that came upon the idea of the limiting))

Last edited:
(( It is and it sucks, but from an in-game stand-point it's what I think makes sense. Once again it's not my descision it's Cave's or if he doesn't make it I imagine Mr. Capitalist.))

((yeah- sorry about the smiley it's the only one that looks closest to this one- :/ ))

"I would like to bring an issue to the Senate over how long an Imperator should be able to be in office for. Currently, there is no restriction, and as such, an Imperator could manipulate those that may be political allies, or may get monetary gains from continuing to support an Imperator re-running indefinitely. It would be in the interests of the Senate to consider that the Number of times somebody can be an Imperator is limited, and thus an abuse of power can not come into fruition."-Auron Desimodius

((Seems I wasn't the only one that came upon the idea of the limiting))

I approve of this bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.