Law in Regards to the Annexation of the Urollan Provinces (Lex Caprica et Aureolia)
1. The Urollan provinces shall be annexed to the Republic of Azlanxo.
2. Ossen shall become an autonomous province within the commonwealth of the Republic.
3. The Republic shall commission the office of Praetor for Ossen:
(a) to oversee the domestic affairs of the province;
(b) to uphold order and the rule of law;
(c) to regulate its finances.
4. The office of Praetor shall abide by these stipulations:
(a) that it shall be appointed by the Imperator;
(b) that its holder shall serve a four-year term;
(d) that an incumbent serving a second term must be reappointed by the Imperator;
(c) that no incumbent may serve more than two consecutive terms.
5. The Praetor may be recalled by vote of the Senate:
(a) if evidence is presented of malfeasance, kleptocracy, or treason.
1. Every Urollan who accepts the law of the Republic shall be granted protection under it:
(a) they shall have the right to appeal to the law for redress.
2. Every able-bodied Urollan male, between and including the ages of fourteen and thirty-five, excepting those who are married, shall be impressed into the legions:
(a) to ease their assimilation into our society;
(b) to replenish our losses in the conquest of Ossen;
(c) to provide for a standing army for the Republic.
3. Following ten years of service, Urollan conscripts shall be offered discharge with full rights of citizenship:
(a) the right to stand for public office;
(b) the right to vote at assembly;
(c) the right to petition and legislate for the Republic.
1. Any citizen of the Republic shall have the right to settle in Ossen.
2. The office of Praetor for Ossen shall allocate for the distribution of land for settlers.
3. Financial incentives shall be provided:
(a) to encourage migration to Ossen;
(b) to promote trade and exchange;
(c) to foster the provincial economy.
4. Veterans of the Urollan campaign, having been discharged from service, shall be settled in Ossen.