+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Using the blunt side of a weapon

Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IV

Using the blunt side of a weapon

Will we be able to use the blunt side of for example the pollaxe by pressing a key to flip it over? I think it should possible to to so since weapons like pollaxes and halebeards biggest strengths is their flexibility. If we are only able to chop and thrust with the weapon we'd have a hard time fighting plate while we in reality would not.
    Gud med oss!

Crusader Kings IIMount & Blade: Warband

This'd be great and, I believe, rather easy. Many Warband mods gave you the possibility to adjust your weapon by simply hitting X. It worked great. You could butcher peasants by the dozens with the axe-part of your pollaxe and bash in some brains by smacking your opponents helmet with the hammer-part

Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

yeah some mods did include that indeed, I think that it adds a nice versatility to some weapons, but it should be very balanced. With that I mean that you don't want to turn certain weapons in super killing machines outclassing every other weapon

Crusader Kings IIKing Arthur IIMount & Blade: Warband

It would be a cool feature, my favorite weapon is the poleaxe and when modders made it possible to use the hammer end it really did make killing heavily armed enemies easier, I agree that it will need to be balanced and will probably have to be "tweeked" allot but it would be a really cool feature and provide a bigger variety to weapons and tactics

Yes! This feature would indeed be briliant, and as said by many others of you, it would create a good form of variety and flexibilty.

Hmmm i see that a cool thing, but in my oppinion can make the game weapons a little unbalanced; there are some kind of weapon for every situation, if you make a weapon available to be good in two different situations, it will be better than the other weapons wich are only good against one kind of opponent

Sounds like a good idea. Just add a toggle key to switch modes.

Magicka

Since weapons can break in WotR, maybe you could balance it in a way that using the "blunt side" damages your weapon faster,

so that the flexebility adventage of those weapons isnt too strong.
    Knowledge is Power - all the information to War of the Roses so far collected at one place.

Highland skin DLC pack

- What can change the signature of a man?

Crusader Kings IIKing Arthur IIMount & Blade: Warband

Perhaps make it so if you use "cut" damage weapons against armor your weapon breaks faster, as Blunt damage is better against armor and blunt weapons break faster when used on light armor? Im not sure how it would work out in game but I don't think it would be balanced or make sense if blunt damage weapons break against heavy armor as your sword would go blunt or break if used against plate were as the blunt side of a poleaxe would do more damage against armor and suffer less damage to its self.

I'm in support of this idea, but I think designing it for one class of weapon is sort of redundant.
    We are probably going to see different ways to stun/knock-back your opponents either using perks, or things like kicks and pushing.
    But yeah totally, a toggle that allows you to use the flat side of a poleaxe or hammer, or maybe even the pummel of your sword would be great for close quarter fighting.
    Check out my Archery suggestion - http://alturl.com/o52iz
    And my gaming channel - http://alturl.com/tyfoq

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    Since weapons can break in WotR, maybe you could balance it in a way that using the "blunt side" damages your weapon faster,

so that the flexebility adventage of those weapons isnt too strong.
    Maybe if you haave to decide if you want bth sides of the weapon or a main weapon (with only 1 side) and a sidearm. I know it doesn't make much sense that you couldn't use the other side of your main weapon because you have a sidearm, but if there would be balance problems that might be a solution (though there are probably better ways of solving such problems - i just read the idea of the weapon taking more damage when used in such a way, that would already be better :P)

Achtung PanzerHearts of Iron IIINaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesWar of the Vikings

Blog Entries
    this would be great as so many medieval weapons were dual purpose.

the only problem I see with this is that pollaxes, omplemented properly would be horribly imbalancing for a game.

how to get around that is the difficult thing...
    "We had two bags of books, seventy-five PDF files, five sheets of high-resolution linework, a hard drive half-full of photographs, and a whole galaxy of armour, swords, pollaxes, maces... Also, a quarto of latin texts, a quarto of manuscripts, a case of swords, and two dozen fechtbuch. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious history collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.
    The only things that really worried me were the fechtbuch. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of a history binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

Well, reading the replys and thinking about it, i will change my oppinion to agree things like what Orkfaeller said, of faster breaking, or something like the weapon will do less damage in his secundary mode; it will give you the sensation of a higher control upon your weapon, and you could use it like the original pourpose of the real weapon.
    Maybe something like that could help with the balancing problem.

+ Reply to Thread