• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Britannia is a presidential dictatorship, right? "Lord Protector" sounds like a more grandiose euphemism for "President-for-Life"

Yeah, Britannia is pretty much a dictatorship. Alexander is a benevolent dictator for now though, even though he models himself after Cromwell in a few ways.

This is very odd... but I think I like it I'll subscribe!

I'm glad your enjoying it. I know it's probably a microwave meal compared to the caviar and champagne of the other AARs here!

Could you post a world map from the beginning of the game? I'd like to see Africa and the Americas in full.

Of course!
V2_MAP_ENG_1836117_1.jpg

I love it so Far I will be following this but i BEG you to make this a mod with that as the start up please it could be some intersting games witht that id be interesting as taking on the british as the french and what is the life rating of the america and Africa if it is something diffrent and is there any more added revolters in the america

Thanks for the kind words. I would try and make this a mod, but I have no idea how I would. As for revolters in the Americas, I'm think Quebec and a few others will perhaps be making an appearance.

Also, is that Ireland that's asking for an alliance?

It is, but Alexander has plans for Ireland....

I'm planning on wrapping up the Anglo-French War this evening, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to win or not.

Epic world you have there.

Is that an independent Australia and New Zealand? Your my hero XD

Thanks for the kind words. I would try and make this a mod, but I have no idea how I would. As for revolters in the Americas, I'm think Quebec and a few others will perhaps be making an appearance.

Didn't you have to make a mod in order to edit the world so you could play this way?

Is that Prussia in Central America?

Anglo-French War Part 2​

With the the defeat of English forces in France, Alexanders last hopes lie in his allies. Even with the arrival of Italy into the war, Britannia still faces a military crisis. Can Alexander salvage the war, or will he have to accept France's demands?

Governor Polk's forces occupy the French colony of Acadia, from their bases in New York. I doubt this will make any difference to the war on a whole, but a boost in morale may be just what we need.

OccupyingAcadia.jpg

Letter from Ambassador Friedman of Prussia to Lord Protector Alexander-

Alexander, I bring excellent news to Britannia's shores. After much persuasion and many meetings with President Goderich, we have come up with a plan for us to assist you in your noble cause. Our armies are making their final preparations, will be ready to strike at French forces , and occupy French territory. What we ask in return is the territory of Elsass-Lothringen. We will demand no more. The choice is yours.

Letter from Lord Protector Alexander to Ambassador Friedman-

Britannia graciously accepts your offer. Elsass-Lothringen will be yours.

Prussiajoins.jpg

The French navy attempts to block off Britannia from its vital colonies- a move which could cripple our economy. This blockade must be broken.

Navalfundy.jpg

A large scale assault on Provence has begun. The Italians face mild resistance but numbers are most surely on their side.

ItalianFront.jpg

80,000 French troops occupy Normandy and Picardie, with no armies to engage them, Northern France is lost.

31stAugust36.jpg

Our armies in Aquitaine do their best to slow down the French advance, with some success. However our forces are still scattered and disorganized. With luck France will pull back some its forces to slow down the Prussian onslaught.

7thNov36battles.jpg

General overview of war, November 7th 1836. Large portions of our territories on the mainland are under the control of the vile French!

7thNov36.jpg

Alexander knows the war is now tipping in balance of the Triple Alliance of Italy, Prussia and Britannia. To be continued....

Give up Picardie for the damned french! Then wait the truce to end and attack them with the pretext to grab Picardie and sieze their colonies instead ;) BTW nice AAR!

Give up Picardie for the damned french! Then wait the truce to end and attack them with the pretext to grab Picardie and sieze their colonies instead ;) BTW nice AAR!

I'd rather be crucified than surrender an inch of Britannia's territory to the frogs!

Aw man, France lost its Bourbon flag

They did? Now I feel silly for not noticing :laugh:

Anglo-French War Part 3​

As English armies race to liberate Aquitaine from the French, the war appears a victory for Britannia. In London, an investigation into the performance of the army takes place, it is unanimously agreed that due to the army being neglected for so long, that Britannia's forces on the continent were doomed to fail. Lord Protector Alexander falls into a deep depression after being confronted by the mother of a soldier who died at the disastrous Battle of Le Mans.

Report of all English armies. Strength of our forces in America has increased drastically.

v2_1.jpg

A humiliating defeat for Britannia.

v2_2.jpg

The 11th Army is ambushed by a force twice its size. More reinforcements have been diverted from Aquitaine to Brittany.

v2_3.jpg

A large force engages the much weaker French army at Tours. A much needed victory

v2_4.jpg

A description of the Battle of Le Mans by a soldier from Leeds-

The sound of bullets whizzing past our heads was near deafening, its a miracle I wasn't cut down. The French fire thudded against the muddy mound which I laid near. The incessant screams of my fellow soldiers filled the cool March air, blood stained the ground a deep crimson red and mixed with the mud, creating a hellish scene. All previous remnants of the glory of the English army disappeared with the conclusion of the battle as we retreated to Laval. Our pride deserted us.

v2_5.jpg

Despite the tragic defeat at Le Mans, France had lost the war. Neither Britannia nor France could afford to fight any longer. Britannia accepted the French offer of peace.

v2_6.jpg

Conclusion of the Anglo-French War. Note Prussia's gains in Elsass and Lothringen

v2_7.jpg

LordProtector.png

Extract from diary of Alexander, March 20th 1837-

The utter failure of English forces in this detestable war lies not on the back of the brave men who fought against the French, but me. I was their commander, we had no generals to command them, and I failed in my task. I abhor myself, I am beyond redemption. Never again shall a war like this occur under my leadership. I will get my revenge against the French, to restore the honor of my fallen countrymen, even if it is the last thing I do on this Earth.

D'oh, now the Carlists are out of power in Spain. I'm surprised France and Spain weren't allied, since they were both absolutist Catholic states threatened by the democracies. Maybe if you decide to make a mod from this, that could be an idea.

What will be the Republic's next move?

D'oh, now the Carlists are out of power in Spain. I'm surprised France and Spain weren't allied, since they were both absolutist Catholic states threatened by the democracies. Maybe if you decide to make a mod from this, that could be an idea.

What will be the Republic's next move?

The funny thing is that they've been allied since the start of the game! When I did a small test run of the game Spain joined France and I lost the war pretty bad, but this time nothing came of the alliance.

The republic's next move will be to limit Spanish and French expansion into the America's, eventually integrate Scotland and its colonies into Britannia and subjugate Ireland.

Eventually, when Britannia gets too powerful or I get bored, I will move on to the next country. I'm currently considering Poland Lithuania- will be quite challenging considering Prussia and Russia are looming ahead, or The Republic of the Netherlands as it comes into blows with other colonial powers. Either way, there will be some interesting challenges laying ahead!

I'm going to guess that the PoD was sometime during the 100 years war. Great AAR!

I'm going to guess that the PoD was sometime during the 100 years war. Great AAR!

Thanks! France and England have been fighting over Northern and Western France for 100's of years, however Alexander is preparing a final blow against the French.

1837-1838

Britannia emerged a victor from the Anglo-French War, but at what cost. Lord Protector Alexander works in his office day and night with his group of advisers and friends, plotting and scheming, preparing plans for a large plot to assure Anglo domination over the North American continent, France and even India. Alexanders determination for revenge and glory would be the driving force behind Britannia for many years to come.

An interesting development. I shall keep a close watch on these dissenters.

v2_1.jpg

Britannia must block the advancing Spanish from penetrating deep into the heart of America. The eventual annexation of the Cherokee nation will be the first part of our American plan.

v2_2.jpg

Prussian ambitions threaten to plunge us into war once again. As a precaution our troops have been ordered to mass on the border with France, colonial brigades are poised to strike into Acadia and Quebec and blockade of Southern France from Malta is under preparation.

v2_3.jpg

A general assessment of the Eastern front of the War of Prussian Aggression. Polish-Lithuanian troops storm into East Prussia, while Prussian troops edge dangerously close to the capital Warsaw.

v2_4.jpg

Japan defends against a Sino-Russian onslaught.

v2_5.jpg

Letter from economist Oliver Blake to Lord Protector Alexander-

After much studying of the world market of dye, it appears a vast proportion of it originates from the Indian subcontinent. Gaining access to this vital market would not just give a massive boost to our fabric industry, but also cut off all other European countries. I recommend placing either Hindustan or the Mughals into our sphere, or launching a military operation to secure these sources of dye for ourselves,

Regards Oliver.

v2_6.jpg

I have received word from the Prussians that they are running out of vital military equipment, to stop France regaining its lost lands I have decided it is in Britannia's interests to supply Prussia with aid.

v2_7.jpg

Map of North America, August 7th 1838. Various changes include annexing Tennessee and Kentucky from the Cherokee, French take over of Quebec, Spain securing more of Mexico and Scottish dominion of Newfoundland.

v2_8.jpg

Last edited:
it's gonna be interseting to see what north america will turn out like (hopeing the borders dont get ugly). and i wish prussia good luck but what have they gone to war for, humiliate, acuire state cut down to size i really whant to know

it's gonna be interseting to see what north america will turn out like (hopeing the borders dont get ugly). and i wish prussia good luck but what have they gone to war for, humiliate, acuire state cut down to size i really whant to know

If you look at the image of the Diplomacy screen, you'll see that Prussia wants the westernmost state of Poland.

1837-1838​

As war rages on in the East, Alexander continues his policy of military expansion.

Britannia's first technology is researched. This will allow us to colonize faster or we can use it to help improve our educational system in our most populous regions.

v2_1.jpg

Prussian occupied territory in Poland and Lithuania, in the south a Commonwealth army prepares to confront the superior Prussians.

v2_3.jpg

Scotland petitions for annexation into Britannia. The offer is declined until final preparations can be made for Scotland's absorption.

v2_4.jpg

The minister of Health and the minister of War convince me that reforms to the health care system can boost the amount of fit, healthy soldiers Britannia can field. I decided to implement it all over Britannia, causing a boost in population growth.

v2_5.jpg

The Prussians capitulate to the French, losing Alsass and Lorraine. The French had occupied most of the Rhineland. Surprisingly, the Prussians had Britannia's commitment to join the war all the way through, yet never called upon us. An interesting move.

v2_6.jpg

Just a small update today, but got a much larger update ready to post tomorrow!​