• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
can you give me a list of what countries are what like spain is SPA france is FRA i dont kown what britain is so if u could provide a list or atleast just britain i would be grateful. great AAR by the way

can you give me a list of what countries are what like spain is SPA france is FRA i dont kown what britain is so if u could provide a list or atleast just britain i would be grateful. great AAR by the way

The UK is ENG

If you want a lag of a specific country, go in your Victoria II folder here:
C:->Program Files->Paradox Interactive->Victoria II->Common->Countries

In that subfolder, there is a text file for every possible country in the game. You can find tags in these, prefacing the political party names(e.g., ENG_Conservative)

1849-1851​

The East India Company tightens its grip on the Indian subcontinent, gaining vast supplies of dye, tea and cotton, vital commodities to the economy of the Republic. In Europe, an incident between France and Britannia means war could be looming on the horizon once again. The new European powers, Italy and Germany, grow in power. Britannia watches on warily.

With much of Northern Hindustan ravaged by war, they sue Britannia for peace. The deal is accepted.

v2_11-1.jpg

On the 8th of November 1849, the Republic of Columbia is created. Due to growing costs of developing these colonies, I have decided that they should be given some autonomy, so they can better invest money where it is needed. A re-balancing of military forces on the North American continent is ordered, brigades in Columbia and the East of America are ordered to New England and the frontier with French Louisiana. A British force of 6,000 men is left to guard the Columbian capital, Vancouver.

v2_12.jpg

British spheres in South Asia, showing British monopoly in the area.

v2_13-1.jpg

The colony of Saskatchewan is absorbed into the Republic of Columbia.

v2_14.jpg

The development of the economy of Britannia is given a higher priority, new discoveries in the field of agriculture should help with this.

v2_15.jpg

Treaty of Dublin

- All majority/significant minority British areas in Ireland will be unified with Britannia
- British will be added to accepted culture
- Britannia will invest in Irish industry and assist in the development of infrastructure

Signed, Lord Protector Alexander and Prime Minister O'Callaghan of the Free Irish Kingdom

v2_16.jpg

On the 29th of October, French troops fire upon a British position in Poitiers, the British troops retaliate with significant casualties. A large army is sent from Normandy to defend from a French incursion. However, the French retreat to Moulins. Not risking an all out war, the general sets up defensive positions near Poitiers, but doesn't pursue the French troops. Alexander does not take this lightly.

v2_17.jpg

Italian forces storm across the border with Austria, winning many victories. The Republic of Columbia joins its economy with Britannia.

v2_18.jpg

In Northern France, thousands of British troops are preparing for war...

Where is the "¬" key? I can't find it.

The Second Anglo-French War Part 1​

Alexanders lust for revenge drags Britannia into war once again. Not even the pessimists predicted such horrific violence as what was to come...

Troops from India assist Persia with a reactionary rebellion.

v2_1.jpg

The British ambassador in Paris issues the French government with a declaration of war against France.

v2_2.jpg

Sweden and Germany honor the Northern Pact, declaring war against the France and their allies the Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth.

The battle of Orleans is won, perhaps a sign of victories to come?

v2_4.jpg

Whoopsie daisies! Someone is becoming a slave of Britannia for this blunder, with the loss of such a huge amount of troops, the war on the continent is reaching a critical level. *

v2_5.jpg

British troops are driven out of Oklahoma.

v2_6.jpg

Britannia is grateful for the assistance of the German Reich, President Goderich happily accepts Britannia's offer of financial aid.

v2_7.jpg

A naval battle is lost in the Atlantic, reinforcements have been dispatched form ports in England.

v2_8.jpg

In a separate war, Italian troops invade more of Austria. Italy has not been called into war, yet.

v2_9.jpg

British troops occupy Louisiana unopposed.

v2_10.jpg

A small battle is lost.

v2_11.jpg

Rare victories for Britannia.

v2_12.jpg

A force is dispatched to clear French forces from New England. A battle in France is won.

v2_13.jpg

Perhaps these new rifles will arrive in France in time, they are desperately needed.

v2_14.jpg

27,000 troops intercept a French forces occupying Syracuse, New York.

v2_15.jpg

To be continued....

* I believe I should be crowned worse Victoria 2 player ever for that battle :sad: Surprisingly for me, I lost 50,000 men in that battle, meaning I should have had around 30,000 survivors out of an 80,000 strong force, as show by the battle report. However, only 3,000 men escaped the battle, then promptly hunted down- meaning I lost ~80,000 men in one battle! That's basically all the armies I had in France lost in a single battle!

Shame! Shame! But still good update. And don't lose hope! In my USA game I was losing my a$$ to the British(a war of containment by the way). I nearly lost all of my northern border states and all of the Pacific Northwest and the Northeast. Don't lose hope!

Shame! Shame! But still good update. And don't lose hope! In my USA game I was losing my a$$ to the British(a war of containment by the way). I nearly lost all of my northern border states and all of the Pacific Northwest and the Northeast. Don't lose hope!

Thanks! The French really put up a fight, even with German troops pouring through their Eastern border. Commiserations to the French AI, they're a worthy challenger.

I think I'm nearly done with the Republic of Britannia now, new adventures await! Perhaps with the USA / another colonial revolter, but I'm still open for suggestions on who to play as next.

The Second Anglo-French War Part 2​

Despite horrific early losses, the war begins to tip in favor of the anti-French coalition. Massive parts of French North America is occupied by British forces, who begin stirring calls for independence in French North America. Britannia's ascent to glory is nearly complete.

More French armies are defeated by the brave British army.

v2_16.jpg

A renewed offense using fresh troops is launched against French positions in France and New York, a string of battles are won.

v2_17.jpg

The new troops prove to be invaluable against fatigued French armies.

v2_18.jpg

The situation in French America.

v2_19.jpg

Italian occupied territory in Austria, showing Italy's dominance.

v2_20.jpg

The German Eastern front after peace with the Commonwealth. New gains include West Galicia and Moravia.

v2_21.jpg

Another victory.

v2_22.jpg

Overall view of the war in France.

v2_23.jpg

Italy, after making peace with Austria, is invited to partition France in exchange for military support.

v2_24.jpg

The war in North America.

v2_25.jpg

France is all but finished.

v2_26.jpg

The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth is on the brink of collapse, a war with Russia could be the final nail in the coffin.

v2_27.jpg

France is fully occupied, the war is won. Note Italian gains in southern France, in a separate treaty.

v2_28.jpg

Victoire!

v2_29.jpg

Following the complete collapse of French authority in the America's, Le République du Texas et la Louisiane is proclaimed in New Orleans by President Montclaire, the fledgling state is receiving financial aid from Britannia. A rebellion in Quebec has appeared to have failed, with separatists fleeing to British Newfoundland.

v2_30.jpg

Britannia prevails!

I cant open the console. I have a spanish keyboard
P.D: Subbed, keep up the good work

Nice AAR! I dont understand the Metis Confederacy though..

I got it to work on most nations, but I can't get rid of GPs or countries with a cultural union.

Works for me still, don't really know what the problem is.

I cant open the console. I have a spanish keyboard
P.D: Subbed, keep up the good work

Thanks!

Nice AAR! I dont understand the Metis Confederacy though..

Thank you. What exactly don't you understand about them?

Writing next update now.

1853-1860​

With Britannia's ancient enemy defeated by a fatal blow, a new power rises to potentially compete with Britannia- The United German Reich. Britannia, Italy and the other great powers of Europe watch on eagerly as Germany maneuvers and manipulates the smaller, weaker states that surround it.

In the East, the Principality of Georgia, founded by Russian and Polish 'crusaders' after liberation from the Turks, attacks the heart of Persia.

v2_1.jpg

Polish Lithuanian and Hungarian troops attempt to hold back the Russian bear.

v2_2.jpg

Britannia declares war against the state of Egypt, after British merchants in Alexandria are harassed by Egyptian authorities.

v2_3.jpg

The first British landings in Northern Egypt.

v2_4.jpg

British occupation of Egypt in 1855.

v2_7.jpg

List of wars in 1855, Britannia has added 2 new objectives to its war against Egypt.

v2_8.jpg

British troops advance further South.

v2_9.jpg

Interesting, perhaps these new discoveries will reduce losses from disease.

v2_10.jpg

Liberal Rebellion of 1856, with the majority of revolters in France.

v2_11.jpg

Egypt before Treaty of Cairo.

v2_12.jpg

Treaty of Cairo

-Egypt will cede Palestine and Dumyat to Britannia
-Egypt will allow access to British merchants
-Egypt will reduce its army for 5 years

Signed Foreign Minister Calver of Britannia and Khedive Isma'il Pasha

v2_13.jpg

Italian troops occupy Bosnia.

v2_14.jpg

German influence builds and builds in Austria.

v2_15.jpg

Mughalistan cedes Indore and Gwalior in return for British modernization of the army.

v2_16.jpg

In 1857, the Danish Prime Minister petitions to join Germany, President Goderich, knowing that only if he can influence international favor will he be able to annex Denmark. A plebiscite is organised in Denmark. The camp in favor of uniting with Germany wins a majority of 73%, thus German annexation of Denmark cannot be disputed by the international community. A cunning move, with Germany gaining important naval bases in Copenhagen and Aarlborg.

v2_17.jpg

Spanish reactionaries topple the Spanish government in Madrid. Spain returns to an absolute monarchy.

v2_18.jpg

Austria is placed in the sphere of Germany.

v2_19.jpg

British conservatism grows even more popular.

v2_21.jpg

Map of South America, 1859.

v2_22.jpg

June 24th 1860, German troops, invited in by the Austrian chancellor to quell a Jacobin rebellion, annex Austria into Germany. 2 days later, Bohemia and Moravia declare formal full independence from Austria, Germans in the Sudetenland immediately request Germany to annex the Sudetenland. Germany offers Bohemia an ultimatum. The Bohemians, having no allies and no army, have no choice but to accept. Greater Germany is now unified and ready to expand into the rest of Europe.

v2_23.jpg

Diary of Alexander, 30th June 1860-

It is no surprise to me that after France has been toppled from the world stage, that a new competitor enters the stage. We are still allied with Germany, but how long until Germany's expansion conflicts with Britannia's? Perhaps Britannia's biggest challenge is yet to come...

Last edited:
Italian South America makes me unreasonably happy.
The Dutch have developed quite the impressive empire. How will Britannia respond to this?

I was very happy the way S.America turned out, I was expecting a messy patchwork but Spain stayed to the West, Dutch to the East and Italians to the North. The Netherlands are quite powerful for such a small country, they actually had a larger population than Germany at one point! For now however, the Dutch are the least of my worries. Germany's military will (in the next update) eclipse Britannia's, it doesn't help my army is split over 4 continents and many islands either. Tough times lay ahead, it appears.