Closed Thread
Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13 38 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1426

Thread: The sad state of affairs

Quote Originally Posted by ywhtptgtfo View Post
    [...]
    What was that dev diary about?
    It's the last video. I said Dev Diary because that is the format for most of the content on the front page. Sorry for the confusion.

On Probation
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Jaidal View Post
    It's the last video. I said Dev Diary because that is the format for most of the content on the front page. Sorry for the confusion.
    Oh. Sorry, I got confused. Yeah, that sounds rather strange. This is the first time I've seen the devs and publisher publicly contradicting each other in such a way.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by T.j. Arnold View Post
    It's a business, it's not all about what the forum users want. Do you truly think we are prioritized in receiving information?
    No I do not expect to get prioritized news HOWEVER I also do not expect for paradox to openly lie. They said they would tell us when they know so once more yer...........
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourMount & Blade: Warband

Just have to say I feel the pain of the developers. I am not impressed with the professionalism of Paradox in handling this case. Making public posting about possible cancellation before at least telling the developers is really not the way to handle things.

Barring something extraordinary event, I strongly suspect this game will be canceled since Paradox has already spread bad rumors about it, which will negatively impact it's box office reception. Which is a shame, since this game was the only upcoming Paradox published game I was excited about, the only game that dared to be innovative. Probably the developers aimed too high, and failed to simplify things when it was clear that the deadlines were pressing, but at the same time this doctrine of "no compromise" would have yielded a better game in the end and better sales for Paradox had they chosen to release it.

I hope the developers will continue to make games after this, they've got a lots of potential! And as well I hope Paradox will reconsider and give this game the release it deserves...
    Former team leader of
    Modern Day Scenario 2: Download v1.6
    Part of musical and art collective "b0ka"

Don't give up now, Killerrabbit. There's always the possibility of compromise.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV

On one hand I appreciate the openness, on the other it's clearly been too much effort into MM to give up now.

I'll repeat what others have said, and propose a "pre-order, be part of the beta" system. It has worked for other developpers.

AHOI-Mod Series Developer Demi Moderator Chromos's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Killerrabbit View Post
    Just have to say I feel the pain of the developers. I am not impressed with the professionalism of Paradox in handling this case. Making public posting about possible cancellation before at least telling the developers is really not the way to handle things.

Barring something extraordinary event, I strongly suspect this game will be canceled since Paradox has already spread bad rumors about it, which will negatively impact it's box office reception. Which is a shame, since this game was the only upcoming Paradox published game I was excited about, the only game that dared to be innovative. Probably the developers aimed too high, and failed to simplify things when it was clear that the deadlines were pressing, but at the same time this doctrine of "no compromise" would have yielded a better game in the end and better sales for Paradox had they chosen to release it.

I hope the developers will continue to make games after this, they've got a lots of potential! And as well I hope Paradox will reconsider and give this game the release it deserves...
    Just view the video and look at Ubik.
    (Start from 6:55 on..)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    If we were living in a perfect world and out of gratitude to the community, I knew what I would do with this game that opened many doors to some of us and brought us all to the next experience level. Some minutes ago I asked Paradox exactly about that.
    Of course, the good news is that we donít live in a perfect world, we are humans and our stories more often than not are the roll call of mistakes we committed. In real life, he who commits fewer mistakes wins.

With my fair share of mistakes, let me assure you I won already at all levels. This was the best time of my life and I owe it to all of you!

So... enjoy the final developer interview and of course, keep a foul tomato or a rotten egg at the ready to throw at the face of yours truly!
    Also PI took over the Beta now, throwing out the UV-people as Mods here...
    So no cancelling but takeover from PI side now.(My guessing)
    Maybe PI could also get the free devs that worked so hard too on this project and will finish it just without UV.
    At least that is what it looks like to me. But because of all the "trouble" it will not called MMtG maybe anymore.
    From the interviews and all the comments it looks like that UV has already focus on their next(own) game. Also they may have no contract responsibilities to develop MMtG any further if they say it is all ok. So if P says it is not all ok then you have the basics for a std argument..
    If they have that differences or not, A small studio like UV will likely have not the manpower to do 2 such projects at the same time, so they will have the need to do on at the time too.
    And Ubik already said that his programmer will work from this time on exclusively on the new project..
    And as P has already, I guess, paid them one year longer as all thought of, they would maybe not pay UV any longer anyway..

A pretty "normal" situation that could happen in big projects..
    Who is to "blame"? As most times, all parts of that story have their "reasons"..

From the outside with litlle Infos, we can just guess.
    From my point of view, we'll see a game with that nice features, developed by Fans, polished by PI.

Cheers!
    Chromos
    Former Game Developer East vs. West: - Lua AI / Political -
    AHOI-Mod - A Hearts of Iron 3 "Treasure Chest": Soon: Play WW-I up to the Cold War
    First AAR by me! -> Victory Ahoy! (A Let's Play AAR with AHOI-Mod-"Treasure-Chest")
    AHOI-Mod - Widescreen Mods (For std HoI3 from SF to TFH): See more at a glance/usable from 1280*768 on
    AHOI-Mod - Widescreen Mods (For other HoI3 Mods): See more with your fav mod -usable from 1280*768 on
    AHOI-Mod - Dynamic AI (For std HoI3 FTM): Play with an ai that is adjustible wih decsions
    Check my profile: Find out more info about HoI-III, modding and the AHOI-Mods

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    It's been a while since we heard something from k_merse or Zolotaya (not to mention ubik)... Have they been slapped on the fingers for their (mis)communication?
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus View Post
    It's been a while since we heard something from k_merse or Zolotaya (not to mention ubik)... Have they been slapped on the fingers for their (mis)communication?
    there last post was yesterday? (page 58)
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

As long as we get a Magna Mundi game, and as long as the Devs that still desire to do so are allowed to continue working on it, I am perfectly fine with Paradox taking over the development from UV.

Hi,

I'm posting just to make sure you are in the loop; our silence is an effect of the fact that there are no news. We are busy looking at the build, talking to the devs and weighing the pros and cons of different options.

I do understand that the behind-the-scenes-process of carefully looking at the options tests your patience, but I'm afraid there is no way to avoid it at present. We will not rush it, for the sake of all involved.

/Mattias Lilja
    - Strategy is our game -

On Probation
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Well, that's good news.

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    A Glimmer of Hope!
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

I knew it were not cancelled

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThronePride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Chaos View Post
    I think Paradox is gonna take over development of MM (With the lead UV people helping in areas) while the rest of UV does some other game.
    Yes, this looks increasingly likely. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing though.
    "The tension between promoting democracy and promoting human rights, when newly enfranchised peoples turn out not to subscribe to the ideals of the Enlightenment, is the dirty secret of the human rights movement. As the expanding franchise continues to expose the fissure between the two ideals, human rights advocates are finally going to have to choose between them."

Success depends on forethought videonfan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Light in the tunnel

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    Light in the tunnel
    It's just a freight train coming our way
    I alone have the right to use my avatar!

See the proof

Quote Originally Posted by Zagys View Post
    Yes, this looks increasingly likely. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing though.
    I would assume it would take a lot of time for an other team to learn the mechanics and change and fix them... Perhaps a year

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias Lilja View Post
    Hi,
    We are busy looking at the build, talking to the devs and weighing the pros and cons of different options.
    ^ ^
    I hope that among those different options there is still one in which UV stays at the game, perhaps with some help

Quote Originally Posted by Meanmanturbo View Post
    It's just a freight train coming our way
    ... just slowly enough for you to jump aboard and wheel toward greener pastures
    "Was ich besitze, seh ich wie im Weiten; Und was verschwand, wird mir zu Wirklichkeiten" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

thanks for the post paradox. Nice to know we are being kept in the loop.

You have my support as always
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

This starts feeling like an important football game that has gone to penalties, its the third or fourth round and its 3-3. Its like when one wants it to be over, one way or another. I hope a decision comes soon.
    "Beşiktaş fans call themselves «arşı and there is no doubt which turkish team have the best and most strident and endearing songs"
    ...........................The Guardian.......................

"Beşiktaş is the underdog, the working-class team, known for the ardor of its fans. The language of Beşiktaş is characterized both by over-the-top profanity and by the poetry of longing and love. One of the most important Beşiktaşfan clubs is called «arşi."

..............newyorker website................

Closed Thread
Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13 38 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast