Closed Thread
Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 45 70 ... LastLast

Thread: The sad state of affairs

Quote Originally Posted by skinkyskating View Post
    edit: What are the chances they will have it polished in a month?
    Pretty good. The progress we have made in the last six weeks, alone, has been major.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

I have been following the paradox forums for over 4 years now only because of magna mundi. I support this cause and if cancelled I cannot express the disappointment. This game is more than a game, it is a teaching tool of history. I am a high school teacher and I am not kidding when I say I was planning on having kids in my classes play this game to help them learn history. The grand strategy mod they released was better than any other paradox game ever released. If these two groups can't figure it out it; MM should be taken elsewhere and released under another publisher. Also, naming the thread "sad state" is not just unprofessional; but immature. I don't care if you guys don't get along - when you have people around the world watching your threads you do not throw people under the bus like that; especially for a group of people who have put their heart and soul into this only to have you publicly denounce them.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku

All I can say is:
    "I have had one aim in regard to France in the last fourteen years, since the making of peace: to get her to forget the war... I want you to forgive Sedan as you have forgiven Waterloo."- Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by dskod1 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing this 'list' of problems that Paradox has. That way we can all see the problems of the game for ourselves. Hope to hear something from paradox soon. Big thanks to the development team for trying to answer the many questions many of the fans have.
    I have seen the list, although I don't believe I can share it here.

There were five specific MP-related bugs reported. I asked for clarification (what nation, what province, what mission, that kind of thing), and am still waiting to hear back as I write this.

The biggest issue is OOS, more or less instantly, in MP.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by ottotim View Post
    ... This game is more than a game, it is a teaching tool of history. I am a high school teacher and I am not kidding when I say I was planning on having kids in my classes play this game to help them learn history. ...
    As I said to the other teacher: Thank you for your compliment, and I am personally honored you would use this game as a teaching tool in your classrooms. This is one of the best compliments I believe we can receive, and I am humbled multiple teachers feel this way.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    March of the EaglesVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Zolotaya View Post
    As I said to the other teacher: Thank you for your compliment, and I am personally honored you would use this game as a teaching tool in your classrooms. This is one of the best compliments I believe we can receive, and I am humbled multiple teachers feel this way.
    "So in real life, did the last day of the month really take 10 times as long as any other day"?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Petrarch View Post
    "So in real life, did the last day of the month really take 10 times as long as any other day"?
    Your trolling of Zolotaya is childish and lame.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    LegioMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I feel bad for Helius and dharper - a lot of their good work and effort is going to get drowned out in the incoming controversies.
    "We give the facts. You can't say that we have a slant because of it. I hear that the jury's in on evolution."

"When you divide a country into two sides, one of which cheers the idea of murder and hate, you don't have much choice in which side you're on."

March of the EaglesVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by James The 1st View Post
    Your trolling of Zolotaya is childish and lame.
    "You are a troll for pointing out game flaws"

Now if it wasn't for the fact we've been over this, I'd continue.

Isn't it Paradox tradition that the first version of a game is a buggy mess? Maybe I haven't played enough of the newer games.

This is actually true, only our perception is limited because we ourselves run 10 times slower on the last day of a month. Also we're controlled by giant cursors in the sky.

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor (EU4-Compatible) - New! Version 0.8.6 released 24 August 2014! ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    EU2: EU2 Map Positions Editor (alpha) ||| EU2 Event Generator
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.I Corinthians 10:31b (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Duckett View Post
    Isn't it Paradox tradition that the first version of a game is a buggy mess? Maybe I haven't played enough of the newer games.
    And for simply asking them not to follow that tradition and actually release a stable game is apparently trolling to the highest degree.

This is actually true, only our perception is limited because we ourselves run 10 times slower on the last day of a month. Also we're controlled by giant cursors in the sky.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lonely.jpg‎
Views:	16
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	55500  

Very disturbing news. I am not very surprised of this given some messages I've seen and the general vibe I was getting the last few months on here though I was hoping I would not see a message like this. Anyway...

Although I can see Paradox's argument here, I'd like to ask them to "strongly" consider this before deciding on something as drastic as canceling the project:

There are currently 8 upcoming games for Paradox. Magna Mundi is the ONLY ONE I am interested in and am looking forward to. I don't think I am alone in this. I am sure the other upcoming games are fine games but they are NOT in Paradox's main genre and core competency (with the exception of Napoleon's Campaigns 2 but it is rather limited in scope). Just looking at the message counts on the forum for these games alone shows you the difference in gamers' interest in these games: As I write this there are 21820 posts for Magna Mundi vs 5410 posts for the other 7 games COMBINED (yes I know MM was announced much much earlier but the post count still dwarfs anything these other games will be able to accumulate I think).

I hope Paradox at least considers something like a paid Beta for this game and not cancel it. I'd be personally OK with that fully knowing I will be buying a Beta product and the team will be dedicated to fix it.

I can understand some people would want MP but personally I don't care. I have never played any Paradox game Multiplayer even for once and would be OK with Multiplayer being added some weeks after the release. After all, Warlock was released with no multiplayer and it will probably be 2-3 months after the release that it will be released so I don't understand why Paradox is insisting on MP on release for Magna Mundi (other than it was agreed upon with UV and they want to enforce the agreement on general principle).

Anyway, I hope the game issues and differences between teams get resolved and we see SOME KIND of release. It would be a huge disappointment for Paradox, UV, most importantly fans if the whole thing was canceled after so much expectation.

Best of luck!
    IMHO CB OP. BTW PU WAD? FWIW. HTH. AFAIK YMMV. OMG WTF BBQ!

Do you like surfing game forums but wish people would stop using obscure abbreviations and gaming acronyms?
    Then my Firefox/Chrome extension ABBREX is for you!
    It automatically adds hover tooltips to abbreviations displaying their meanings on any web page you visit!

Check it out at: http://abbrex.com
    Read about it in my post here

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    LegioMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

The last 3 or 4 releases - SotS2 aside - have broken free of this, and indeed, it says a lot of good about Paradox that they have no desire to be known as "That company which releases buggy games".
    "We give the facts. You can't say that we have a slant because of it. I hear that the jury's in on evolution."

"When you divide a country into two sides, one of which cheers the idea of murder and hate, you don't have much choice in which side you're on."

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

"You are a troll for pointing out game flaws"

Now if it wasn't for the fact we've been over this, I'd continue.
    Yeah, this phantom video CTD you harp on about has been thoroughly disproved. The rest of your assumptions are impossible to determine from a low resolution You-Tube video.
    I could care less if you hate the game, just stop spreading blatant falsehoods please.

Quote Originally Posted by James The 1st View Post
    Yeah, this phantom video CTD you harp on about has been thoroughly disproved. The rest of your assumptions are impossible to determine from a low resolution You-Tube video. I could care less if you hate the game, just stop spreading falsehoods.
    Paradox already confirmed the game is a buggy mess. No need for my word now.

Paradox is trying not to be that company anymore, and good for them. It's why they have held back Magna Mundi.

Petrarch, you strike me as the kind of person who enjoys kicking others when they're down, as long as you believe you have authority on your side.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Helius View Post
    Petrarch, you strike me as the kind of person who enjoys kicking others when they're down, as long as you believe you have authority on your side.
    Your company strikes me as one that can't make a successful game.

74 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

This is the game I'm currently looking forward the most. No other Paradox title will EVER be as good as UV's MM. If they indeed do this, then I will sincerely feel betrayed by the company.

I want MM, and I will gladly pay for it.
    "Der ganze Balkan ist nicht die gesunden Knochen eines einzigen pommerschen Grenadiers wert." - Otto von Bismarck.

EPIC POST! Johan addresses Kieran of CA http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2&postcount=41

Foundations ablaze: a story of Europe during the turbulent years of WWI (1907-1918) - A France Vicky II AHD AAR: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...281907-1918%29

Capetan Glory - A France (SRI) AAR (Abandoned due to savegame loss) : http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-%28SRI%29-AAR

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 45 70 ... LastLast