Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4 29 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1426

Thread: The sad state of affairs

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Helius View Post
    Hey, I actually do have a PhD, man!
    Since your PhD is well-earned, you probably don't want to use that to associate yourself with Derek Smart, who allegedly got it from a mill (rumoured, not confirmed).

Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    53 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by colinljx View Post
    Screw the multiplayer. Just make sure the singleplayer part is perfect on its own and we will gladly pay and try the game.

You can always add in multiplayer later, but no one is gonna care if the singleplayer can't stand on its own.

Satisfy our thirsty, then fill our hunger.
    I wonder what percent of users of EUIII even play multiplayer? I personally never have (none of my friends are into such complicated or historical games). It's probably even more of a minority among users who aren't active on the forum here.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by T.j. Arnold View Post
    I wonder what percent of users of EUIII even play multiplayer? I personally never have (none of my friends are into such complicated or historical games). It's probably even more of a minority among users who aren't active on the forum here.
    Quote Originally Posted by k_merse View Post
    That was discussed within the team, but Paradox insisted on having the multiplayer in the first release. I don't know statistics, but according to them, many people play EU3 in multi. Or I don't know why, but they think it's imperative to have.
    enough for paradox to care
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagicka
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I've been following this thread for the past few days and it makes for fascinating reading. I've been following Magna Mundi for considerably longer than that, and I sincerely hope UV and Paradox find an acceptable way to release the game.

s1234567890m, you have the 2nd post on this thread. Since forum mods have made it clear that no other threads will be started regarding this issue, your post is valuable real estate! Have you considered using that spot to collect the official statements from Magna Mundi devs? It could be of immense help to UV if readers could see that information in a single space, instead of spread across +1000 posts in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias Lilja View Post
    When a decision has been made and we are ready, whatever that decision may be, we will communicate it here. This might take weeks
    Weeks.Is there a limit to how many pages a thread can have?

minispace!!! You're a genius!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Homero View Post
    Weeks.Is there a limit to how many pages a thread can have?
    Apparently not (see the strange screenshots thread in eu3 forum )
    "Was ich besitze, seh ich wie im Weiten; Und was verschwand, wird mir zu Wirklichkeiten" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by yak View Post
    In my world "The game is playable for 30-50 years without CTD" means quite exactly that it is not playable without CTD for more than that period.
    That is not what the statement means or implies, that's just how you (and admittedly, quite a few others) personally interpret it. For example, some equivalently constructed statements:

"The San Andreas Fault can go 30-50 years without rupturing" "Vesuvius can go 30-50 years without blowing up" "I can go 30-50 years without dying" "A nuclear reactor can go 30-50 years without melting down" "My house won't fall down in the next 30-50 years"

None of those statements imply that immediately (or even soon) after the stated time period is up SanFran drops into the sea/ Naples gets obliterated etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by colinljx View Post
    Screw the multiplayer. Just make sure the singleplayer part is perfect on its own and we will gladly pay and try the game.

You can always add in multiplayer later, but no one is gonna care if the singleplayer can't stand on its own.

Satisfy our thirsty, then fill our hunger.
    I don't think Paradox is going to have that.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    LegioMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Zorapter View Post
    That is not what the statement means or implies, that's just how you (and admittedly, quite a few others) personally interpret it. For example, some equivalently constructed statements:

"The San Andreas Fault can go 30-50 years without rupturing" "Vesuvius can go 30-50 years without blowing up" "I can go 30-50 years without dying" "A nuclear reactor can go 30-50 years without melting down" "My house won't fall down in the next 30-50 years"

None of those statements imply that immediately (or even soon) after the stated time period is up SanFran drops into the sea/ Naples gets obliterated etc etc.
    But that's exactly what those statements imply.
    "We give the facts. You can't say that we have a slant because of it. I hear that the jury's in on evolution."

"When you divide a country into two sides, one of which cheers the idea of murder and hate, you don't have much choice in which side you're on."

First Lieutenant PreciousTritium's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Beamed View Post
    You're both right. The statement "x can go y time without failing" TECHNICALLY doesn't necessarily mean that "x" will fail as soon as its time is up. Context can add implication, though, and that is the case here.

Why don't the developers say that it can go for any longer than 50 years without crashing? Obviously that means that they can't guarantee a stable game after the first fifty years. Of course it doesn't mean that the game will crash on year 51, but the danger of one occurring becomes real.

It's worrisome that the game can only be guaranteed to remain stable for less than about 15 per cent of its possible length. Even with that in mind, I have faith that the devs can get it up to speed in a few months, and I am very much looking forward to playing this game.
    Mecha-Stalin was worse than Hitler.

[...] No, no one is rooting for Magna Mundi to fail - the only people who are actively trying to make it fail seem to be the developers.
    That's quite the absolute statement to make. Do you claim Omniscience?

Not, Automatically. It's essentially a scientific statement of fact, given that Science is unable to depict absolute certainty.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

What that statement literally meant is never really in question.

This particular statement is translated into this assertion: Approximate stability of game lasts more than t = 50 years, which provides no information on what happens after the 50 years (CTD? Continued stability?).

It is common to interpret this statement as "What happens after the 50 years is CTD", as it is common for advertisers to present their product in as best possible a state as possible and if the game is forever stable, then it simply wouldn't make sense to have such a low upper bound of stability interval.

What k_merse and/or his fans offered much later on in the thread is that the (common?) testing interval of the game is 50 years and thus the statement made earlier appear simply to be a pragmatic lower bound estimate.

Anyway, what's raises eyebrows was that k_merse also stated earlier that the game may crash every few decades or so:

Quote Originally Posted by k_merse View Post
    Oh, no! Of course we made longer test, full length tests, hands-off tests too. And the game is fine. A CTD may come around in every few decades though.
    and that his tests were not simply limited to the 50 years as some of the fans asserted.

Anyway. Let's just let this slip by as a case of bad communication (as others here also commented on).

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

It'd be nice if this game could be dropped onto my hard drive instead of into the nether.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

hey just so you guys know s1234567890m has edited his very first post in this thread (IE the second post) with all the dev comments in this thread

CASTELLON EDIT: To be clear it is an edited selective list of posts.
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

Quote Originally Posted by Zorapter View Post

If your car could go for 30-50km without refuelling and you would have to drive for 51km would you go find a gas station or not ?

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Quote Originally Posted by dskod1 View Post
    hey just so you guys know s1234567890m has edited his very first post in this thread (IE the second post) with all the dev comments in this thread
    i justed copy pasted them from an italian site

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagicka
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

That Italian site seems to have introduced a bunch of strange typos--many of those quotes don't exactly match what is in this thread. Are you open to corrections?

Quote Originally Posted by minispace View Post
    That Italian site seems to have introduced a bunch of strange typos--many of those quotes don't exactly match what is in this thread. Are you open to corrections?
    if its posted here ill edit it into the post

Hi,

just to clarify;

I saw a comment from Danevang being construed as an official comment from Paradox. He was a contractor that did some very nice art for us during 2011, but has never been an employee or any such thing.

Cheers,
    Mattias
    - Strategy is our game -

Europa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Greetings, I am a long-time user of MMtM, and a fan of Paradox for their excellent EU games. So many hours I and my brother have spent on EU I and II (only single player). Magna Mundi transformed, for me, EUIII from an unpolished diamond into a shining jewel.

So I look to MMtG with high hopes. A game should imo be fun and balanced, no matter what features it has. It should of course be in working condition. I give my best wishes to the hard-working dev team, I hope you will finish a product you can look back on with great pride.

I can also respect Paradox's QA issues very much, for should a game not be fun, balanced or working, then who would want it? I hope you can find a solution that will save Magna Mundi, and release a fun, balanced, quality game.

Good luck to everyone involved!

Closed Thread
Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4 29 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast