Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Multiplayer

I also really was looking forward to MP in this.

I wonder if the majority of the bugs are from MP?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Well according to the MM team nearly most of the bugs/problems reported by Paradox are actually from MP. (Except balance issues)

The Developing team said that Single Player is Okay but MP is Broken.

I am further guessing that the MM team will be working MOSTLY on MP as much as they can before Paradox makes a decision. Paradox WANTS MP so MM NEEDS to have a working MP.
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

Serenissimo Leone Marco Dandolo's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by unc15 View Post
    Though we're probably not normal, my and my friends usually dive into MP right away. Some of those early games where no one knows the mechanics can be the most fun.
    This. Since I know someone who plays Paradox titles, I play nearly 90% MP. Had my first games in CK2 playing with a friend, on release day. We both didn't knew anything, didn't even play the tutorial, but started right away with Matilda di Canossa, and Rudolf von Rheinfelden. It was screamingly funny.

Nevertheless, even without MP-sessions, it won't hinder me to buy Magna Mundi. I'm confident that the developers will succeed.
    E' meglio vivere un giorno da leone che cent'anni da pecora.
    - It is better to live one single day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep.

Serenissima Italia - An Italian Ambition for EUIV
    An overhaul mod for the whole Italian peninsula. Keep the Medici in power, play Calcio, meet Venetian Senators, be guest at the Palio and be prepared for a whole, new Italian experience!

Serenissima Italia is part of MUNDUS NON SUFFICIT, the first Major Overhaul Mod for EUIV!

Quote Originally Posted by victimizer View Post
    Yeh. I've never played EU3 or any of Paradox games in MP.
    Try it its a Treat .
    Wannabe Quallity assurance tester for Pdox Interactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowwars View Post
    Try it its a Treat .
    It's not like I've got anyone to play with in the first place.

Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    52 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesV2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    I never played MP before in any Paradox game. I tried MP once in Darkest Hour, but it's basically unplayable for myself since somebody pauses the game every two seconds, and when we realized this was the case we all gave up.

The biggest issue with EUIII is that it's so nerdy of a game that none of my peers own it or have a desire to play it.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by T.j. Arnold View Post
    The biggest issue with EUIII is that it's so nerdy of a game that none of my peers own it or have a desire to play it.
    That's why you organize games on the forums.

Crusader Kings IIImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 BetaHoi 2 Beta
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by T.j. Arnold View Post
    I never played MP before in any Paradox game. I tried MP once in Darkest Hour, but it's basically unplayable for myself since somebody pauses the game every two seconds, and when we realized this was the case we all gave up.
    That was probably because of bad singleplayer habits or, to be more generous, not so much bad habits, as lazy habits.

Paradox games are designed to be played in real time with the ability to pause, and they work perfectly fine that way when run at a consistent moderate speed setting. There are typically only a very, very, few things that require so much concentrated player attention that a pause is warranted once a player has gotten into the habit of continuously planning and negotiating and not just reacting to events as they unfold. In most cases, pausing is a crutch.

Now, some mods feature such an event spam that it makes even a moderate speed setting a challenge, since reading many lines of text and making a decision based on the contents is a comparatively time-consuming activity, and it is possible that that will be the case of MMtG since it has apparently been deliberately been built for singleplayer with multiplayer an afterthought, if I understand the devteam right, but let's see how it goes.
    Confused about how manpower is determined in EU4? Read my Manpower Guide

Finally got around to writing a list of my AARs in the inkwell.
    For those interested in Dominions 4 (SP or MP), we organize the Wrinkletoes games and answer general questions related to the game in this thread.
    Current ongoing Wrinkletoes 3 Dom4 game's list of players: linky.

Beware of the HoG
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Peter,

I don't suppose you'd be interested in an old-fashioned PE 1520 one of these Sundays...
    HG

You want to live where the suffering is/I want to get out of town/Come on, baby, give me a kiss/Stop writing everything down/Both of us say there are laws to obey/Yeah, but frankly I don't like your tone/You want to change the way I make love/I want to leave it alone
    -Leonard Cohen

Crusader Kings IIImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 BetaHoi 2 Beta
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sorry, but no. I haven't touched EU2 for years and have neither the time nor inclination to do so now. The only Paradox game I'm playing these days is CK2, where I still haven't seen everything and been there and done that.
    Confused about how manpower is determined in EU4? Read my Manpower Guide

Finally got around to writing a list of my AARs in the inkwell.
    For those interested in Dominions 4 (SP or MP), we organize the Wrinkletoes games and answer general questions related to the game in this thread.
    Current ongoing Wrinkletoes 3 Dom4 game's list of players: linky.

Second Lieutenant Vijfde Colonne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Ebbesen View Post
    Sorry, but no. I haven't touched EU2 for years and have neither the time nor inclination to do so now. The only Paradox game I'm playing these days is CK2, where I still haven't seen everything and been there and done that.
    Nothing beats those first games of multiplayer EU2, though

Quote Originally Posted by Vijfde Colonne View Post
    Nothing beats those first games of multiplayer EU2, though
    Also Victoria I(one) mp games are very cool and deep.
    "Mao - on umudohal millioni!"
    - V.Sorokin

Red Paradoxians

Paradox Forum Manager Administrator Castellon's Avatar
    90 games registered

200k club500k club

I will close this since it is talking about MP in every game but this one.
    *Closed
    I have been dealt a good hand in life, now I am just looking for a few more cards!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2