• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never had to do any of this to play CKII online, sounds more like a user issue...

nice that you didn't, but most people have to deal with that issue as we can see because of the threads every week where people can't get into a game

The solution to this 'problem' would be too costly. There people running Linux, you don't see them asking to release a ported version.

If you all are computer-illiterate, invite a competent person to play with you.

Bnet2.0 was condemned by community exactly because the privilege of hosting games was taken away from players... Did you even read my post?

While I sympathise with this argument I'd still rate Bnet-style hosting as infinitely preferable to what CK2 has because on Bnet I can actually play the game I bought in multiplayer. Funny how that works.

While I sympathise with this argument I'd still rate Bnet-style hosting as infinitely preferable to what CK2 has because on Bnet I can actually play the game I bought in multiplayer. Funny how that works.

+1

Johan promised better MP in future titles though, so all is well.

Well, palmtree, then you are part of the problem, you are the person who with his ignorance destroys all good things we could have.

the only one ignorant is you, just because you know how to change router settings, you want everybody else to learn the same, even people who have absolutly no interest in pc's except of playing pc-games and that should be possible without any knowledge of how a pc works.

Well, palmtree, then you are part of the problem, you are the person who with his ignorance destroys all good things we could have.

Funny, my definition of a good thing would be the ability to play CK2 in multiplayer. The system that you're defending won't let me do that so I'll take anything that improves on it. I don't mind player hosting, I'd love to have it as an option, but it's not close to being relevant if I can't play the damnn game in the first place.

In short, I don't care how they do it, I just want something that works.

This is common knowledge dcyde... What you're doing is essentially bragging about not being able to do simple things... How can you live with yourself?

Seriously how can someone expect that everybody in this world who just wants to play a game should have above average office/i-explorer skills with computers? You are simply denying everybody who wants to play this game in MP the right to do so without first studying things they have absolutly no interest in.
It might be that this things seem easy to you, it is easy for me but i know a lot of people who can't install a new computer mouse by themselfes, that's not because they are stupid, it's because they just don't won't to deal with technical issues and simply nobody should be forced to do something they don't want to do. Everybody who paid for this game should have the right to play it in MP without the technical bullshit, so please go outside and talk with people, your either ignorance or pure lack of social empathy is beyond acceptable norms.

Yes, you are the sloth that just wants to be fed, even if it will ruin everything in future. I get it. This is exactly why I said you were the part of the problem. No need to repeat yourself.

In this future of yours, will I be able to play CK2 with my buddies? Didn't think so. Never thought I'd see someone praise shitty net code as a feature but I guess there's a first for everything.

Just FYI folks... Battle.Net, Steamworks games and any other metaserver based games require an absurd amount of ports to be free (i.e. forwarded/non-firewalled), as I recently discovered after moving into university accommodation. Any point made about those systems being more up-to-date because "this kind of thing can't happen there" is completely moot and devoid of any understanding about the subject matter.

Just FYI folks... Battle.Net, Steamworks games and any other metaserver based games require an absurd amount of ports to be free (i.e. forwarded/non-firewalled), as I recently discovered after moving into university accommodation. Any point made about those systems being more up-to-date because "this kind of thing can't happen there" is completely moot and devoid of any understanding about the subject matter.

I guess it's worth saying again. I forwarded the appropriate ports for CK2. I have ports forwarded for Steam games too. But those games work and CK2... doesn't.

In 1.4 direct IP worked great for me, but ever since 1.5 it hasn't let anyone connect to my hosted games even though my settings are exactly the same. I use Hamachi, and that works fine.

I've played with a few friends ever since 1.0. We've never had any problems with connection or the like after forwarding a few ports, using direct IP. No crashes and very few "out of sync"-errors. In my experience the game often gets out of sync if you play too fast which is only logical: There's a limit with respect to ping. So if your games get out of sync, try a lower game speed.

add me on steam (calbrenar) and if you get a hold of me when I'm around I will host a game and see if you can join. If you can then you know there's nothing wrong with the game and you need to set up your computer properly. I am generally online in the evenings but will be out from 2000 to 2200 EST tonight. I will be available all day tomorrow though as I work from home quite a bit.

If you'd actually ask for help instead of whining about how the internet is designed wrong and games shouldn't use ports anymore (which is impossible for numerous reasons) then I'd be happy to help you set up your game properly so that I can connect to you.

My friends and I haven't had -any- issues with MP, beyond last patch's amazing ability to break the metaserver. Since that got fixed, however, it's been working flawlessly.

There's really no point to this thread, though. People have either had a good experience, or a bad experience. And regardless of that, PI is aware of the discontent around their MP service. Why bother bringing it up again?

Status
Not open for further replies.