+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Persia Changes?

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Semi-Lobster for the suggestion about a rebellious Injuid... wasn't sure on how to model it.

Quote Originally Posted by Semi-Lobster View Post
    Great looking map gigau, you even added some things I forgot to mention in the PM like splitting Khorramabad and creating an Illam province. But what's the OPM in Ahvaz?
    That's the province close to Basrah, right ? if so, it's the future Musha'shah. Note that it's still a work in progress.

I REALLY do insist though on a Safaviyya Military Order state in Ardabil and Gilan though, they are obviously a VERY integral part of the formation of Persia.
    Hmmmm a new nation ? i'll think about it.

Another thing to point out is that at the start of the game the Jalayirids and the Chupanids (Sulduz) were at war with the Chupanids getting the worst of it, the Chupanids should start off with very bad stability as the Chupanids were incredibly unpopular.
    Okay, thanks.

The Hazaraspids were Sunni not Shia.
    Duely noted.

Eretna also should not have a Turkish state culture, the Eretna unlike the other Anatolian beyliks, were a post Illkhanate and not a descendant of the Oghuz Sultanate of Rum and should be Mongol. This should also help the historical deterioration of the state by the rebellious Black Sheep Turks.
    Hmmm, they might get a culture shift of the government... except if i block it for mongol dynasties.

Another state that would be good to add are the Shia Baduspanids of Mazandaran who also controlled Qazvin and Semnan and who were very often at war with the Sarbadars and existed until being annexed by the Safavids. The country could simply be called 'Mazandaran' which should start off with the ruler Jalal-al-Dawla Eskandar Baduspanid with low centralization

http://www.iranicaonline.org/article...itle-of-ostand
    Mazandaran is already in MEIOU... just wasn't on the map in 1356. Shall correct this.

Lastly what is that two province country in the Gulf of Hormuz? To represent the autonomous Shabankara city states?
    Work in progress. I know they will later become under Oman. But i just wanted to highlight them as a reminder i have to dig a little deeper for proper history of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Trin Tragula View Post
    Do I spot my hand in some of that Gigau?
    Sure don't know what you are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Trin Tragula View Post
    I hope you don't mind that I follow this thread as there's some very interesting discussion going on
    Of course i mind ! It is my right to pillage your mod, with you getting nothing !

Welcome and, let me, in public, thank you for your data and maps for India and Persia
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Sayonara Zetsubou Robusuta
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Ottawa, Canada, that bluey greenish planet
    Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Thanks, Semi-Lobster for the suggestion about a rebellious Injuid... wasn't sure on how to model it.

I mean thats just how I would model them, to save a country tag, The Injuids by 1356 were completely screwed by 1356, they had overplayed their hand by declaring war of the Muzaffarids and had been at war with them for 6 years prior to the start of the game and had alienated the local Persian population with their brutality and misrule, the dynasty would only last until 1357 after Esfahan was taken.

That's the province close to Basrah, right ? if so, it's the future Musha'shah. Note that it's still a work in progress.
    Ah I see, a Musha'sha'iyyah state is a good addition but the sect didn't take off until 1436. The province I mentioned being split from Khorramabad is to Illam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilam_Province

The reason for that being that Illam is Kurdish while Lorestan is Persian (sort of, they speak Lur).

Hmmmm a new nation ? i'll think about it.
    Not just any nations, its the nation that would go on to form the first Persian empire since the Khwarezmids. The Safaviyya were a hereditary Shia/Sufi Military Order headed by a Grand Master/Sheikh that, starting in the mid 15th century would start a military campaign of conquest that would eventually lead to Ismail I unifying Persia in 1509.

Hmmm, they might get a culture shift of the government... except if i block it for mongol dynasties.
    Hmm, On one hand playing as a normal Mongol dynasty on the Steppes, I could see cultural conversion to be be pretty normal but on the otherhand I've seen Baghdad culture flip to Mongol, and Tabriz to, which is not only ridiculous, but sort of game breaking.

Mazandaran is already in MEIOU... just wasn't on the map in 1356. Shall correct this.
    Excellent!

Work in progress. I know they will later become under Oman. But i just wanted to highlight them as a reminder i have to dig a little deeper for proper history of those.
    I see the Western province of the two is supposed to be Hormozgan but the other province thereto the East sort of seems to be Eastern Hormoz but then also encompasses a tiny area around Chahbahar Bay which is Baloch, interesting choice. North of that seems to be 'Interior Persian Balochistan' which should be called Pahrah since it looks like its south of Zahedan to me? Not too sure without a closer look somehow

Welcome and, let me, in public, thank you for your data and maps for India and Persia
    No problem, cant wait to see the map again in more detail so I can pick it apart some more!
    Last edited by Semi-Lobster; 12-06-2012 at 17:29.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Of course i mind ! It is my right to pillage your mod, with you getting nothing !

Well honestly I don't think you have so much to be thankful to me for when it comes to the Persian parts yet. I'm reasonably happy with the map of Persia in Oriental mod as of the coming version but other than that the area is still more of an initial implementation without much detail and more of a base for future changes
    Lots of more stuff can be done in the area, as the comments of this thread show already (even if the Oriental mod doesn't aim to cover the period before 1399 like MEIOU does).
    Last edited by Trin Tragula; 12-06-2012 at 17:39.

An Idea DonCossack brought up in another thread are the autonomous Kurdish Emirates of Kurdistan, countries that at the start of the game, were vassals of the Jalyirids but eventually gained their independence and embroiled themselves in the seesaw battle between the Sunni Ottomans and the Shia Safavids. There were 4 Kurdish Emirates in 1356:

The Principality of Bitlis, with their capital at Bitlis
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Bitlis

Emirate of Ardalan, with their capital at Sanandaj
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ardalan

Emirate of Bahdinan, with their capital at Amadiya
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahdinan

And the Emirate of Loristan/Hazaraspids whom are already in the game

Now these petty feudal emirates are all OPM at best and may ruin the proper 'flow' of the area but they're worth having a closer look into.

Also what do you feel about an independent OPM Astarabad?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amir_Vali
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Togha_Temόr

While in 1356 Togha Temur, last of the independent Ilkhanate claimants had been killed by the Sarbadars three years earlier, his base of Astarabad had been taken over by his governor Amir Vali who acted as 'regent' in place for Temur's son Luqman

83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    I'll take a look. But adding new nation really need to add something significant, given we already have a whole lot of nations.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

I'll take a look. But adding new nation really need to add something significant, given we already have a whole lot of nations.
    That is true, Trin Tragula in another said he had the same problem and ended up just not adding them on the map but instead had them as revolters.

I think a very big issue with Persia and the rest of the Middle East is the Timurids, in that.... they don't do anything. They spend the entire game just fending off Uzbek and Kazakh Hordes and are lucky to even maintain territorial integrity rather that getting to this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-_873_(AH).png

As for the other OPM, you could just make it a rebellious Sarbadar province, but Astarabad lasted a lot longer as an independent entity (1356–1366, 1374–1384) than the Chobanids

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Note that "nations on the map" that have an impact on game performance are also the nations that are not on the map as existing nation but have cores on provinces.

For the Timurids, haven't studied the matter for some time, but i'm trying to get them involved
    •

Note that "nations on the map" that have an impact on game performance are also the nations that are not on the map as existing nation but have cores on provinces.

For the Timurids, haven't studied the matter for some time, but i'm trying to get them involved
    Perhaps the best way about going about the Astarabad situation is to make it a rebel controlled province with an army?

As for the the Timurids there are several issues probably that need to be addressed, the Timurids starting strength and probably a boatload of conquest missions.

Right now 'Sulduz' represents the Chupanid/Chobanid Mongols . I know you're trying to rename name these Khanates with regional names, and 'Sulduz' refers n ot to any geographical entity but to the Mongol Sulduz clan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suldus

Making this name as equally 'Dynastic' as the other names. Perhaps that should be renamed as well?

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Right now 'Sulduz' represents the Chupanid/Chobanid Mongols . I know you're trying to rename name these Khanates with regional names, and 'Sulduz' refers n ot to any geographical entity but to the Mongol Sulduz clan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suldus

Making this name as equally 'Dynastic' as the other names. Perhaps that should be renamed as well?
    Well, if we keep the Jalayirid maongols, then we can keep the Cupanid ones. If we manage to settle with some changes that are suited for both gameplay and not getting too far from history, then yes, of course.
    •

Well, if we keep the Jalayirid maongols, then we can keep the Cupanid ones. If we manage to settle with some changes that are suited for both gameplay and not getting too far from history, then yes, of course.
    That makes sense, you might as well change Sulduz then to the more accurate Chobanids then.

Hopefully we can get this Temur situation handled too, the Timurids are supposed to be Tigers, not little house kittens

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

That makes sense, you might as well change Sulduz then to the more accurate Chobanids then.

Hopefully we can get this Temur situation handled too, the Timurids are supposed to be Tigers, not little house kittens
    Honestly the Chagatai need to be changed from a steppe horde to a real country to make any kind of difference.
    "Resistance is futile. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be assimilated into the collective." - Genghis Khan

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eliphas8 View Post
    Honestly the Chagatai need to be changed from a steppe horde to a real country to make any kind of difference.
    But the Timurids should be getting the War Dynamsim feature when conquering Horde nations... i('ll have to check that it does as designed.
    •

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2