+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I think I just broke the diplomacy system

I think I just broke the diplomacy system

EDIT: Upon further testing, it turns out I have merely bent it rather than broken it, but I can't change the thread title.

The long and the short of it is this: turns out that by offering the AI something and demanding an equal amount in return in the same negotiation (in my case, 100 gold), you get a 5-point Collaboration bonus to relations for absolutely free.

The only reason this isn't as gamebreaking as it originally seemed is that the bonus decays 1 point each turn, and is capped at 15 points.
    Last edited by Velorien; 03-06-2012 at 03:36.

Last game I played I used the diplomacy to buy mana from the AI, was about 5-8 gold per point of mana. Most likely values changes with relations.

I think you might be giving it a bit too much credit, it seems completely random to me. AIs with the same relation to me, far away from sharing a border, seem just as likely to demand absurd money or else war... or beg for a NA pact in exchange for vast sums of wealth. They then break either of these actions before either of our armies sees the other.

Could asking all gold (or mana, not both), for getting non-agression or alliance, and AI accepting that deal be considered breaking the diplomacy system?

I got to this "phase" in two playthroughs on impossible difficulty (lots and lots of gold/mana for free).

Usually for first non-aggression/alliance I need to add money for them to accept, but after that AI just really likes giving me money for free. They break alliance, and then we sign non-aggression for all their gold (or mana). Several turns later, we broker alliance for all their mana (or gold).
    Last edited by player1 fanatic; 03-06-2012 at 10:02.

I have noticed the AI will demand a certain percentage of your gold. I think that percentage is based on your strangth to the theirs. I have seen the AI ask for 10% up to 75% of my gold. I think if you cross that 75% range they just declare war on you instead.

+ Reply to Thread