• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(238593)

Corporal
Dec 12, 2010
Hello, dear community and developers,
ve a
first , sorry for my English; I hope you will be able to understand what I mean nevertheless.
second, I'm new in this forum. If you already have a thread with suggestions for improvement of the game, please integrate my thread there, if it's possible.

So, now my appeal:

I played with Alania, my character and his wife were both alanier (they have pale skin). I gave two of my five sons to a turkish woman, who was their guardian(?). Then they got dark skin and kept this colour of skin, so their ethnos changed just because of their instructor . My children that had alanian guardian still look like alanian.

I am very sad about this, it took a lot of time to have a nice healthy family, a state and so on. And now my children (some of them) don’t look like their parents.

Please fix this error!

This isn't an error and is WAD. If you give you child to a guardian of another culture (which you did) there is a strong chance that your child will convert to that culture. So by giving your children to a Turkish woman they became Turkish. What you want to do is give your Children to mentors that are of your culture to avoid these problems. There are times though where sometimes you want to give your children to someone of a different culture.

Ex: You plan on invading France and giving it to one of your younger sons to rule over. You would want to educate this son with a French guardian so he will share their culture when he reigns.

Also: clothes and child portraits change based on culture. Their portrait as adults do not. So they'll get their skin back when they turn 16, they're just enjoying a lot of tanning in the early years.

Hahaha, I see it rather amusing how you mentioned your previously 'healthy' family; then they turned Turkish and were no longer healthy. :)

No, I hoped he will have his skin back, but my adult son, as he got 16, still had dark skin just as his mentor and not as his parents.

P.S. About "healthy family". If you have played CK2 you should know what I mean. First I usually have to start several times, because think it is a little bit unrealistic, if there are for example 10 women in my country, and two of them are clubfooted, two of them inbred, one slowly, one has syphilis, one syohilis and leprosy and the rest (3 women) are "just" fat, ugly or brutal. It takes a lot of time just to find a wife...

Last edited:
No, I hoped he will have his skin back, but my adult son, as he got 16, still had dark skin just as his mentor and not as his parents.

P.S. About "healthy family". If you have played CK2 you should know what I mean. First I usually have to start several times, because think it is a little bit unrealistic, if there are for example 10 women in my country, and two of them are clubfooted, two of them inbred, one slowly, one has syphilis, one syohilis and leprosy and the rest (3 women) are "just" fat, ugly or brutal. It takes a lot of time just to find a wife...

Of course. :)

Judging from what you just said right there, I suppose you know you can marry inter-courtly, aye? You don't have to marry only those in your own court, and you can always use the "present debutantè" in the decisions menu.
Otherwise, I'd recommend registering your game, as you gain access to a whole lot more support that way, as well as mods.