• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sami-Fire

Recruit
9 Badges
Oct 10, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
The demo download link doesn't seem to be working for me, so I have no reliable way of testing if CKII will work on my computer. I checked the system requirements and I think it should work- the game needs 2GB RAM to run and my computer says it has 3.80 usable. My processor is an Intel Core i3 CPU, and I think my graphics card is something like an Intel HD (I might be confusing something though).

If that information doesn't help... I could run the original CK with no problems, but I can't run EUIII. Sorry if this information is a bit unclear; I wasn't quite sure where to look. Thanks in advance for any help.

Maybe it will work. There is actually a promising performance mod (by themendios) in the user modifications section here (for registered users). If you find that the game is too sluggish, you definitely should try that. Apparently it makes the game run fairly well even on laptops with integrated graphics.

I'm running it just fine on an i3, with Intel HD. It's running minimised now, in fact. Opening screen is a bit slow, but the itself game runs like a charm.
Vicky 2 runs just as well. Don't know why EUIII won't work on your setup, but everyone is different.

It probably won't run. The Intel HD is your most likely problem, and could be fixed by buying a dedicated card.

Gotta love those pavlovian responses to an integrated graphics question.

The demo download link doesn't seem to be working for me, so I have no reliable way of testing if CKII will work on my computer. I checked the system requirements and I think it should work- the game needs 2GB RAM to run and my computer says it has 3.80 usable. My processor is an Intel Core i3 CPU, and I think my graphics card is something like an Intel HD (I might be confusing something though).

If that information doesn't help... I could run the original CK with no problems, but I can't run EUIII. Sorry if this information is a bit unclear; I wasn't quite sure where to look. Thanks in advance for any help.
If it can't run EU3 at all then it can't run CK2 as CK2's graphics requirements are as strict or stricter. If it can't run EU3 very well then CK2 may well work. If you post your dxdiag.txt file (you can delete everything after the "Sound devices" section for brevity) then we can perhaps be more specific.

BTW if I go to http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CK2/crusader-kings-ii and click on "download demo" it seems to work fine.

Gotta love those pavlovian responses to an integrated graphics question.

Saying it can't run was based on the comment that EUIII won't run. The integrated graphics were my best guess as to why. Unfortunately the OP didn't provide very in depth specs so I gave a response based on the information I had.

I have a laptop running Intel HD 3000 graphics, I'm aware of what it is capable of. ;)

Figured I'd post with an update. It runs! Granted, it brings my laptop close to overheating so I have to tab out and let it cool off every few minutes to avoid thermal shutdown.

Figured I'd post with an update. It runs! Granted, it brings my laptop close to overheating so I have to tab out and let it cool off every few minutes to avoid thermal shutdown.
We may be able to help you fix that in Tech Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.