+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tearing India from the UK

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDiplomacy
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Tearing India from the UK

Thinking of trying a game as Russia with my main goal to take India away from the UK. Anyone have any tips or have tried it before? Imagine I'd have to wait till I improve infrastructure and get techs to increase supply.
    My Inkwell

"I am the Roman Emperor, and am above grammar."-Emperor Sigismund

Well, even in vanilla, the uk's pretty bad at land battles due to the bad AI and their unwillingness to actually use all their forces rather than just their 'regional guard'. Your real problem will be getting actual warscore, since India is a colony and you might have to invade the british isles (which would destroy them completely, if you can pull it off and then keep them occupied, maybe even dropping them from GP status) to get some extra warscore to get things going faster.

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDiplomacy
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Ok so the UK's armies are divided up? I assumed the bulk of their armies were concentrated in India. That is not the case?
    My Inkwell

"I am the Roman Emperor, and am above grammar."-Emperor Sigismund

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Be prepared for thousands of brigades when he mobilizes. (Fortunately, he'll march some of them through Chinese wastelands and they'll attrit away.)

There's a crapload of them in England that you'll never get to fight. There are also quite a few in Canada, that you'll also never see. The UK's weakness is that they've got stuff on 5 different continents => their european base of operations, canada, australia, india and africa (which they almost never expand so that's probably not important). Their biggest army is probably in India, but it's still less than 50% of their total military score most of the time. As I said, the real problem, once you beat the british around for a bit, will be getting enough warscore, since India is a colony and colonies award much less warscore. But if you get a respectable battle bonus (with the UK you probably won't 25% unless you drag it out) and some parts of india, you can probably enforce your demands. It's just that their military score is skyhigh and you need to do enough damage for them to 'realise' that they can't win, which is harder to do than you may think.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

You will probably have to fight a series of wars against the UK to achieve that as you will probably not be able to do that in just one war. You will probably have to research some military techs, get the rifles ones (eg Bolt action rifles tech) and the military tactics ones like Army Professionalism and NCO Training.

Pointless, they would still have the semi-independant, SOI, Satellite states, that will fight for Britain on you, if the British do go to war. The next thing you have to worry about is the pan-nationalist rebels. And say you do actually win, the British are still in Asia, and will likely just DoW you.

+ Reply to Thread