• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(42800)

Private
Apr 8, 2005
Hi,

I am new to this game, but very familiar w 4x games. I just started a game as terran and had very good luck w the surrounding systems yielding many highly habitable planets. As a result I was able to colonize 7 of the nearly planets very quickly, all of them under 200 climate, mostly under 50. For some reason, my income has dropped precipitously and I don't know why. By Income I am talking about the total amount I am bringing in, not the net. My expenses seem to be fine. 100kish in colony maintenance, 100k in starbase, 50k in ship maintenance. I checked the income of my home planet which was producing ~200k a turn to start and its now down to 50. As far as I can tell there are no noticeable other changes. Is my game bugged or is this working as intended but I am just unaware of what triggered it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I could not find the answer to this in the manual or beginners guide.

Thanks

There's a bug in the latest patch that causes the economy to ride a downward spiral until your income is pretty much zero. It will be fixed in a hotfix hopefully coming this evening (Vancouver time I think).

That's good to hear. I keep playing a new game after every-other patch and the econ bug does a number, but the game gets better over-all.

So that's what's going on, I'm glad I decided to check these forums for the first time in quite a while.

Finally decided to play again to see how things are coming and sitting here just dumbfounded yelling at my screen "What am I doing wrong?!"